Great Accomplishments in Gaming: get your brag on

ectogemia

Easy enough to get all stars in super mario 64/ds. Only have 116 on sunshine (back in middle school don't own the game). My brother played galaxy extensively. I think he got all the stars as mario, at least.

I beat COD 4 campaign on veteran, just a whooole lot of retries. maybe beat it on that old time film effect (no sound/crosshairs, sped up)? If someone can do that.... O.o

My brother and I beat Mario Karts Double Dash, DS and he beat Wii(I haven't played it as much). I think my sister was playing with us on double dash.

Beat Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on hard (Not max level 1, though. Ruvas forest makes me cry thinking about it. ;_;)

Beat MGS3. Big for me, considering my skill with those sort of games.

Again, with my brother, Legendary on Halo 3 and ODST. I think it's easier with catch on. :)

Beating Wong-qu on Breath of Fire IV without doing much, if any, grinding in the game. O.o We had borrowed it, though, so we had to return it before we finished it. Not even sure if we have the save anymore... :(

Sonic Adventure 22 is tough. D: There are still quite a few missions we're missing S-rank.

All the chaos emeralds on Sonic Heroes. My brother and I did this. the trick to spamming the bonus levels is playing Amy's team, lame as that sounds. Awesomely fun game, though. The music wss great, too.

Made some good progress in Castlevania II without any guides, then got lost and died. ;_; I'm going to have to start that again sometime....

I beat The Guardian Legend. :D Haven't beaten the TGL password thing. :( I love that game.

Got 100% scans in Metroid Prime without a guide. Took a few playthroughs (own the trilogy, filled out all the difficulty bubbles, still need to do the friend voucher thing to get all the bonuses). My sister actually pointed the last enemy out, some stupid eye thing in the ruins I had forgotten. D:

I've beaten all three Metroid Primes on hypermode. beat Zero Mission on hard.

I beat Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow on Hard.

I'll see if I come up with more later.

Edit: Also, Mega Man Zeroes.... I've gotten to the final areas on normal on each, A ranks. The last areas, though, have you fight all the bosses, and not to mention the final boss. ;_; can't beat them yet, at least with A-rank. Oh, how my DS systems' L-buttons have suffered....

Edited by GravitySuitCollector

unlocking some medals in ace combat 6, platinum ace (no damage) sharpshooter (gunfighting only)

beating pixie in ace combat zero with a mig-21 in ace mode.

older but i remember a 3 hearts run and a green armor run in Lttp.

Color me impressed on the Ace Combat achievements. Neither of those medals are easy to get, though I intend to try for both eventually.

I did beat Pixy in the F-4E Phantom II on Very Hard. Not Ace, though.

Color me impressed on the Ace Combat achievements. Neither of those medals are easy to get, though I intend to try for both eventually.

I did beat Pixy in the F-4E Phantom II on Very Hard. Not Ace, though.

i only missed the quick silver one by 10 or 15 minute i think. never retried the whole thing after that. beating pixie with a F4 is a nice performance too, that plane is a bit like an anvil in term of maneuvrability.

also Doom and doom II and a part of final doom, difficulty ultraviolence, starting each level with the pistol only. hell gate and deimos anomaly on the psx version ...oh damn you count your ammo.

Edited by Doulifée

I remember once Nintendo Power challenged players to beat StageClear mode in Tetris Attack in under an hour.

I did it in 28:51

Also, in playing The Perfect Run in Mario Galaxy 2, I have never once died on the final section. (though perhaps I should mention I've only made it there twice)

Edited by Geoffrey Taucer

I beat Pokemon Blue with only a rattata (weakest pokemon that can still hurt ghosts) and used my rattata to capture Mewtwo with a regular pokeball.

I've also beaten FFXII in a solo character run, including quite a lot of the tricky hunts like Gilgamesh.

In an accomplishment of cunning rather then skill, I helped my friend complete MGS3 boss mode on the hardest difficulty by beating Big Boss using nothing but a fork and a handkerchief on my first attempt at the game.

CoD4 on Veteran. Never had so much fun dying over and over.

Beating Sssuper Klungo in Nuts and Bolts.

Elite Beat Agents on hardest difficulty.

Beating Banjo-Kazooie 12 years later on XBLA. When I was 9, I couldn't get past tick tock woods because my game glitched and froze on a certain jiggy. I was short 2 jiggies for the final door and just couldn't figure out how to get them. Redemption!

The best I got is I beat Advance Wars: Dual Strike's Hard Campaign.

Nice. Dual Strike was the first game I ever played that made me feel incompetent. I remember that feeling in my gut :P

Edited by Modus

Got platinum trophy for Resistance 2 in only 3 months. Easily the hardest trophy is to get 10,000 kills in competitive multiplayer.

I've also got 9 Platinum trophies and I'm proud of that number. They are in:

Infamous (350 blast shards!!!!!)

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

God of War 3

Mass Effect 2

Darksiders

Resistance 2

Resistance 3

Uncharted 2

Batman Arkham Asylum

Let's see,

Got every playing card in FF8, beat Omega Weapon without breaking a sweat.

Beat Jecht in 2 hits (FF10)

I recently bought Crash Bandicoot 2 on psn for nostalgia's sake. I was able to get every colored and regular gem without looking up anything online.

As another testament for my good memory of games, I also bought Spyro 2: Ripto's rage on PSN. I got every talisman, gem, and orb in the game in 2 days without looking up a guide. And you know what? The game is piss easy. I haven't played Spyro or Crash in at least 10 years. Even the speedways that I thought were so hard I was able to master in only a couple of tries. Games are not easier nowadays. We are just better.

I got 210% in under six hours on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. That was with the uber gear too: Crissaegrim, God's Garb, two Rings of Varda. I guess the only reason it's noteworthy was because I wasn't trying to speed run or anything, I was just playing the game while at a friend's house.

I beat Emerald Weapon in seven minutes in FF7, all decked out in materia so Aire Tram Storm sucked, and I didn't wear the Underwater Materia. I usually beat Ruby Weapon with only Cloud, too. Dazers every three or four turns and he can't do anything.

I've stupidly ground an incredible amount in FF7, to the point where I had a set of Master Command, Master Summon, Master Magic, Master W-Item, Master W-Summon and Master 4x Cut for every party member. This is what you do when you get a Playstation and only have two games for it.

I posted some of my acomplishments already, I guess one I didn't say is that I 100% FFIX and Infamous 2 (I never do this, it was that fun to run around and collect those shards).

But I saw a post about things they have been not so proud of, and I liked it so here we go:

In Battlefield 2, the only time I effectively bombed an enemy aircraft carrier and killed someone was when that person was in my squad.

In OoT, in the water temple I went through a door that locked behind me, leaving to nothing but a cliff to jump off. I though I glitched it, so I replayed OoT back to that spot, messed up again, then figured out that I didn't need to replay the entire game.

I took 8 extra hours to find the last final dalmation chest in Hallow Bastion in KH, it was where you fight riku, pretty much in plain sight.

I didn't like using 4x Cut as much as I liked 2x Cut since I also liked to combine an attack elemental on a character with one of the absorption armlets (e.g. Ice element, Aurora Armlet on Cloud) and attack myself to heal instead of wasting time and MP on Cure 3 or whatever. It was quick, and almost always healed the character up to full health in one go.

I didn't like using 4x Cut as much as I liked 2x Cut since I also liked to combine an attack elemental on a character with one of the absorption armlets (e.g. Ice element, Aurora Armlet on Cloud) and attack myself to heal instead of wasting time and MP on Cure 3 or whatever. It was quick, and almost always healed the character up to full health in one go.

With the W-item glitch (still present on the psn release) I just used megalixers no matter how insignificant the damage was. Saved materia slots very easily. Also, with unlimited elixers, you can level so fast in the northern cave where you fight the rovers (movers? whatever those bouncing balls are) and get an incredible boatload of exp easily. And also, all the enemies in the sunken sub can morph into a strength up/magic up etc.

I liked using Deathblow with added attack.

Miss? No problem have a regular attack, otherwise CRIT with a chance for another attack that may CRIT.

Though man W-iteming to Elixir any damage sounds abusive :-|

Completed Ace Combat 6 100%. Sharpshooter and No Damage were hell. Level 13 (the one where you take down Pastyrnek or whatever his name is) was okay until playing it on Ace of Aces or trying for no damage. I can still hear my own screams.

Soloing Halo Reach on legendary. Never. Doing. Again. Three words sum this experience up: Hunters in nightclub.

100% run in Nuts & Bolts. Those two jiggies in Terrarium of Terror...Flower Shower Power was difficult, but the target shooting one is ridiculous.

Whoever it was that said they can do Clinger Winger in one run has my undying respect.

Finished NES Battletoads straight without warps.

Finished original NES TMNT without losing a turtle.

Finished Castlevania II Simon's Quest in one sitting on my first time playing (granted this was only a few years ago and I slightly knew about those weird spots).

Finished Final Fantasy X No Sphere Grid Run. Same stats at the end as when you start.

Finished all of Final Fantasy XII on Active Time Battle mode and fastest speed without setting up a single gambit.