FF7 - Shinra Sunrise Remix

Listen&Download:

stats.png

Source:

&

Hey OCRemix!

After 7 months of being busy with life (bad excuse), I've had a go at an awesome track from FF7.

Initially I used the "Holding my thoughts in my heart" theme source, but in the end the FF7 Main Theme got in it aswell, since they don't differ as much and I needed more length.

The Remix I created won't even get close to awesome, but nevertheless I hope people may enjoy it.

It's far off from OCR material, more oldskool VGMix-ish like, keep that in mind.

Anyway, if you like or dislike (parts of) my track, don't hesitate and comment below.

Critics are welcome, so I can improve in the near future :)

Happy listening!

The Remix I created won't even get close to awesome, but nevertheless I hope people may enjoy it.

It's far off from OCR material, more oldskool VGMix-ish like, keep that in mind.

*arrout* I'm with different headphones here, but what do you mean, exactly? This sounds stunning and solid as gold :P

The explosions might be just a lil' high and the ending could be enhanced, but otherwise? Huh?

*plays it again and flies*

you thought this wasn't ocremix material???? what?? have you listened to BLinD's jenova remix?? if you haven't, take a listen to that and your track and try to say again that this isn't ocremix material.

I'm not saying this guy's track is bad but the quality of this track is not nearly as good as bLiNd's JENOVA mix. :? Both by production and the filling of the sonic space.

I'm not saying this guy's track is bad but the quality of this track is not nearly as good as bLiNd's JENOVA mix. :? Both by production and the filling of the sonic space.

Yeah i know what you mean neblix, but genre wise there almost the same thing. Almost. taking everything else into account, your right about both production and sonic space but genre wise, they're the same

Yeah i know what you mean neblix, but genre wise there almost the same thing. Almost. taking everything else into account, your right about both production and sonic space but genre wise, they're the same

The judges have higher standards than just genre, dude. :tomatoface: Genre isn't a standard at all, the judges aren't genre-biased despite what some non OCReMixers (who got, uh, REJECTED) will tell you.

This.

I know judges don't care about genre and White Skies by bLiNd is one of the best tracks on this site imo. But this wouldn't pass the judges ^^

Then again, wasn't aiming for that!

Btw, nice prelude remix :) Thought your nick sounded familiar

To my ear, this track sounds more like euro dance. Hugely popular in Europe and other parts of the world, Japan etc.

I think it has a lovely transparent quality to it, like the melodies float in the air, while the bass keeps you anchored to the ground.

If you were to put a nice female vocal over it, I think you'd agree with me it sounds more like euro dance. I'm thinking of perhaps a similarity between Alice DeeJay's great track, Better Off Alone. In Europe you will have heard it, it got high up in the pop charts here in the U.K. and around the rest of 'our' part of the world in Europe in 1999.

Euro dance enjoyed the peak of it's popularity during the 90's. Today, it is still enjoyed, and a kind of new 'euro' style emerged from it for the 2000s, still retaining it's fun, happy sound, although a bit harder in it's sound as well.

Check out the gorgeous Cascada and hear (and see!) what I mean. Cascada are German.

I like it very much and Final Fantasy VII has a great soundtrack.