Interest in hardstyle/hardcore? Is it even submittable?

kingpiano

I'm working on a pokemon Hardstyle song right now, and I can't even sit down to finish it cause everytime I start playing it back I'm dancing like a mad man all around my living room. I'm wondering if there is any interest in hardstyle/hardcore here (or if it's viable). I have been around a lonnnnnggg time, but I don't recall ever there being any hardstyle/hardcore submissions.

If you don't know what hardstyle is these are two great examples:

I've always hated the corny deep voice narration crap, also 5:58 has an amazing hook

You either love or hate this one

Great music to let yourself go to, if you get over the fact that it may seem like a raw style of music.

Just post your track in the WIP forums and people can help you there. Theoretically I don't think there's a genre bias when it comes to the actual judging process - it just needs to be up to production speed and incorporate the source in a significant fashion without sounding exactly like the source.

But... yeah, just post in the WIP forum - that's what it's there for.

BTW, I like the cheesy word/lyric incorporation in both tracks. That's probably just me, though. If you're gonna go posting songs in a thread, at least make sure there's a video of a

in there.

There's not supposed to be a genre bias but there is, a little bit, but not for techno. :tomatoface: Harjwaldar's I den Svarte Skogen comes to mind as a legitimate form of genre bias, where the song had conformed to the standards of the genre but wasn't judged based on those standards. You probably won't have that issue with a techno subgenre. :tomatoface:

Just post your track in the WIP forums and people can help you there. Theoretically I don't think there's a genre bias when it comes to the actual judging process - it just needs to be up to production speed and incorporate the source in a significant fashion without sounding exactly like the source.

But... yeah, just post in the WIP forum - that's what it's there for.

BTW, I like the cheesy word/lyric incorporation in both tracks. That's probably just me, though. If you're gonna go posting songs in a thread, at least make sure there's a video of a

in there.

Oh no don't get me wrong I loveeee the triplet rhythmic (almost rapping) kind of lyrics, but sometimes the deep ominous movie trailer voice grates on me haha.

And yea I' familiar with the WIP forums, I've posted two there already.

I'm definitely also adding melodic elements and structure from Trance, because for me I feel hardstyle can be a bit predictable.

I'm not sure, I agree with the people about it being more about being up to productions/standards

hardstyle/hardcore is such a repetitive genre by nature i have a few VG hardcore style

that i
to now and

although a recent dubstep remix did pass and that is also a kind of extreme/repetitive genre (it is friggin awesome though)

yeah, i know there have been some issues in the past with trance remixes getting rejected due to their repetitive structures (with the judges feeling that there wasn't enough interpretation going on), which lead to some people feeling like there was some genre bias going on. i'm not quoting anyone here - so this is just my take on the situation - but it seems like the general attitude is that good remixes get passed no matter what genre they're in, but in genres that focus on repetitive, standardized structures (like trance, hardstyle, techno, and others), it can be tougher to incorporate enough interpretation for ocr standards if you're staying strictly within the stereotypical guidelines for the genre. i think that's probably why there has been confusion about genre bias and stuff like that. again, though, this is just what i've picked up and isn't official policy or anything - just a reflection of some people's frustrations after getting their remixes in dance genres rejected.

i think you could get a hardstyle or hardcore remix passed, it'd just be a matter of making sure you've incorporated enough interpretation and variety.

Ambinate nails this on the the head, with a hammer the size of a planet. That's just how right the answer is. If you think you can fly it by the judges, go for it! As for hardstyle itself, I'm not that much of a fan(prefer Hard Trance myself), but it's all personal tastes, right?

yeah, i know there have been some issues in the past with trance remixes getting rejected due to their repetitive structures (with the judges feeling that there wasn't enough interpretation going on), which lead to some people feeling like there was some genre bias going on. i'm not quoting anyone here - so this is just my take on the situation - but it seems like the general attitude is that good remixes get passed no matter what genre they're in, but in genres that focus on repetitive, standardized structures (like trance, hardstyle, techno, and others), it can be tougher to incorporate enough interpretation for ocr standards if you're staying strictly within the stereotypical guidelines for the genre. i think that's probably why there has been confusion about genre bias and stuff like that. again, though, this is just what i've picked up and isn't official policy or anything - just a reflection of some people's frustrations after getting their remixes in dance genres rejected.

i think you could get a hardstyle or hardcore remix passed, it'd just be a matter of making sure you've incorporated enough interpretation and variety.

That's the funny part for me, the tracks that constantly make it to my ipod and stay there are the EDM songs. And I don't think this has to do with my musical taste: I have jazz, blues, rock, punk rock and ska all up in my library. I could never quite figure out why that is; maybe it's because bLiNd, disco dan, SGX, sephire, and Rellik (just to name a few) are just THAT good. Or maybe it's because the video game music we all grew up with already sounded electronic and EDM is just the logical way to go when reviving it.

That's the funny part for me, the tracks that constantly make it to my ipod and stay there are the EDM songs. And I don't think this has to do with my musical taste: I have jazz, blues, rock, punk rock and ska all up in my library. I could never quite figure out why that is; maybe it's because bLiNd, disco dan, SGX, sephire, and Rellik (just to name a few) are just THAT good. Or maybe it's because the video game music we all grew up with already sounded electronic and EDM is just the logical way to go when reviving it.

No way - it's like saying pacman influenced the kids of today by making them gather round in dark cellars, eating pills and tripping to electronic music - aww wait ..... somethings wrong with .... forget it ! :< :< :<8-O

No way - it's like saying pacman influenced the kids of today by making them gather round in dark cellars, eating pills and tripping to electronic music - aww wait ..... somethings wrong with .... forget it ! :< :< :<8-O

Hmmm interesting theory, it is true that raves didn't start until AFTER pac-man came out. confirmed! :shock:

Also, I don't quite realize why this was moved from community to here...I guess It's because there was mention of a pokemon mix in progress...ah well I can never figure these forums out