*NO* Alex Kidd in Miracle World 'Alex Kidd Rave'

djpretzel

I think we may have seen this before; please remove if it's already been judged... - djp

-- Contact Info --

ReMixer name : Stas Von Ivanov ( previously known as NeoN-D )

Email address : neontrance@hotmail.com

Userid on our forums : Stas Von Ivanov

-- ReMix Info --

Name of game(s) ReMixed : Alex Kidd in Miracle World

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed : Alex Kidd Rave

Link to the Mix :

Comments: I made this remix a while back after getting some insperation from this website about 2 years ago... Its a trance remix of the main theme from Alex kidd the game i grew up with and luv to this day... Im plannin on some more remixes based on games from my childhood... Time to make these games rave.......................................

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14868

That it? Looks like Binnie and Malcos judged this one two years ago. Artist is the same.

Can either of you two confirm that it's the same one? Binnie's description seems to fit pretty solidly.

Either way, I vote NO, for the reasons Binnie stated in the vote for the last one.

Simplistic arrangement, and everything is drowning in the reverb. The slapback is particularly annoying for this kind of genre. Beats are pretty simplistic also.

There's actually some fun to be had listening to this, but again that's mostly due to the original. I would go back to the drawing board on this one. Consider your concept, and execution. Work on the composition some more, and also try using less reverb. For the synths you should stick to short delays.

Another thing to consider is this mix is overly long and repetitive. Where's the meat? This sounds like something the panel got 2-3 years ago. Better luck next time.

NO