GAME ARRANGED: Diddy Kong Racing

SOURCE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWaqOPxJzbU

REMIX NAME: Samba Primata

BREAKDOWN:

0:00-0:20 - Percussion intro.

0:21-0:32 - Source's 0:13-0:19.

0:33-1:00 - Source's 0:20-0:32.

1:01-1:20 - Source's 0:46-1:00.

1:26-1:38 - Source's 0:00-0:12 (or 0:33-0:46).

1:39-2:03 - Source's 0:20-0:32.

2:04-2:24 - Source's 0:46-1:00.

2:25-2:51 - Percussion break! *_*

2:52-3:03 - Original writing, transition to formerly unused part of the source.

3:04-3:16 - Source's 1:00-1:12.

3:17-end. - Source's 0:13-0:19.

E aí galera, como vai? \@/

This one has no big of a story inside. It's just about fun, carnaval and Brazil. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Some of the sequencing is a touch mechanical, but overall I was really feeling the energy of this, and the percussion intro and breakdown were super exciting. :D The segues were pretty tasteful.

As for the samples/sequencing, though the sequencing could definitely feel more natural, and some of the woodwind instruments felt a little thin, and the guitar fakey, the rest were solid, and overall the soundscape gelled. I think a little more subtle panning throughout would feel good, and more care put into the sequencing, but I think that overall this just squeaks by.

Yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good to see some Diddy love.

This is almost what you'd expect from a modern dkr racing if they made one. Same silly feel but with better production. I feel there's enough to differentiate the two but the style mash can be a little jarring. You're not sure if it's meant to be carnival or like a salsa, then you have orchestral elements and a trance lead.

It's a bit all over the place stylistically but it sounds okay and kept me interested enough throughout. It's over the bar but not by a lot, so keep goin and step it up.

YES

gonna agree with the general minor concerns with sounds and sequencing, but overall this was pretty well constructed. the percussion was particularly nice. that trance/saw lead (at :47) you use in all your mixes always sounds out of place imo, but I can't say I've ever been a fan of that particular waveform.

anyway, nice job with this. you seem to have good luck with DKR. :P

YES