OC ReMix Fan poster

brevr

Eh, Maybe it's because I live so close to Russiah that I've seen so many Soviet propaganda posters, but that poster doesn't impress me much. What is that hand floating there on the left upper corner? Where are the proud men and women of USSR? Where are the glorious leaders of the people? Where is the national pride that overwhelms the puny Western nations?

Don't get me wrong, I like your style, but your Russian elements are lacking the genuineness.

Eh, Maybe it's because I live so close to Russiah that I've seen so many Soviet propaganda posters, but that poster doesn't impress me much. What is that hand floating there on the left upper corner? Where are the proud men and women of USSR? Where are the glorious leaders of the people? Where is the national pride that overwhelms the puny Western nations?

I tried some ideas like that but none ended up looking very good. I decided go for a simple cold war era, pop-art style poster.

My inspiration was partially this guy.

Hey, that logo right here is pretty slick. :nicework:

I know the Iomanoid font is a trademark of the site's persona, but it'd be cool to use a new one sometime.

Maybe you guys could organize a community contest, to design the next OCR logo...

I have no idea what your talking about buddy :? Thanks for the complement though!

And this is to EVERYONE who cares - should there be a official fan art thread? Or a sub thread in the community section? I'm sure there are other OCR fans out there who are artisticly inclined so should I start up a official thread?

And this is to EVERYONE who cares - should there be a official fan art thread? Or a sub thread in the community section? I'm sure there are other OCR fans out there who are artisticly inclined so should I start up a official thread?

I think we should leave that up to Bleck. He's a respected authority around here.

:<

About your posters, it's a good start and shows an eye for design but you need to work on composition and color theory. Practice compositing too... take two really different images and put them on a background, tweaking them until the image has perfect unity. All your posters use negative space strangely too, which falls under the composition category.

Above all don't ever get discouraged. "Talent" is bullshit... if you practice for a long, long time and are open to feedback, you WILL get very good at design.

I think we should leave that up to Bleck. He's a respected authority around here.

:<

About your posters, it's a good start and shows an eye for design but you need to work on composition and color theory. Practice compositing too... take two really different images and put them on a background, tweaking them until the image has perfect unity. All your posters use negative space strangely too, which falls under the composition category.

Above all don't ever get discouraged. "Talent" is bullshit... if you practice for a long, long time and are open to feedback, you WILL get very good at design.

Okay, I didn't know who to go to about that thanks for clarifying

And thank you! thats the critisism i needed, I'm just getting into photoshop so i know there is a lot to improve on. Ill definate work on my composition thanks for the help :)

Oh man.. no, no do not take me seriously. I mean, on the feedback part I was serious but the thing about Bleck was joshing.

Maybe private message OA about an official thread. I really don't know.

Oh ok, ill figure that out later. I was mostly lookin if anyone was interested in the idea