OCR01342 - Final Fantasy X-2 "Chauffage au Gaz"

djpretzel

Desolé les amis, mais en raison de contrainte de temps, et par manque d'efforts de notre part, Leblanc, ne pourra se produire ce soir. Ne craignez rien cepandant, a la place, nous vous présentons le Chauffage au Gaz!
Desolé the friends, but because of time constraint, and efforts of our share, Leblanc, will not be able to occur this evening. Do not fear anything cepandant, has the place, we present the Gas heating to you!

Case closed. :lol:

Ah, ce mix est très originale! La batery a des beau effet et le synth qui glisse va tres bien avec cette chanson. Je peux pas me rapeler de la original, mais je suis sure que cette chanson est meilleur qur la chanson du jeux :D

Donne moi d'autre chanson comme ca, ses très rafreshisant! J'aime l'ambiance que sa crais.

Salut!

Gman

Jeez, swap some of the words and names around in that essay and I'd swear someone was writing about me ...

Anyway, congrats on the posted mix bro. Even if you did beat me to FFX-2 :lol: I'm still glad to see you get one through. You've been one of those names here that doesn't have a posted remix attached to it, but everyone recognizes anyway (or at finds familiar). You've kinda been on my list of people who don't have a remix posted, but in my opinion, deserve to.

Congrats for getting off the list. :wink:

I don't think i ever would've thought of this as being OCR material, honestly. Not that it's bad, but i've heard SO MANY denied songs that sound close to this in terms of sound quality and production.

Maybe the judges are stepping in the right direction, either way - grats on the mix, Mythril, i know it means a lot to you bro. And yes, you can mark me down as one of the individuals who enjoyed it ^^

I don't know why I find this this so awesome. Maybe because it's so original and eclectic. Everything sounds very abstract but falls together very nicely, like a bunch of completely random sounds that just happened to be played in such an order to create a masterpiece.

VERY nice work here Mythril, I greatly enjoy this.

This is so different. I like it so much.

Can you please share how you were inspired or how you created this work?

Inspiration?

1 part Cough Syrup

2 part Red Bull

1 part Diet Pepsi

==============

Remix +1

True story.

As for the actual song, all of the synths are Sytrus, the drums are the African Precussion, Gretsch Kit, and Dusty Circuit Kit from Kompact as is the Sitar and the Wah Guitar.

First time I listened to this, my reaction was "What the hell is this!?". But, oncei t ended, I felt compelled to listen to it again...and again...and again. This mix is strangely hypnotic and eerily wonderful. Can't get enough of it. Great job Mythril. I give it an 8/10!

• 2 months later...

From all your past works I've listened to, I'll just say that you made quite a surprising debut to OCR with this remix. It's totally off the wall, swarming with magic synths and lasers and...stuff. You get the idea.

Congrats on your first OCRemix, Myth! It's been a long journey...you deserve it.

• 2 months later...

Dude, I just want to say congrats. Not only you managed to write a small self-biography that was 100 sentences long, you fulfilled your dream. You tried to reach it again and again and got knocked down again and again, but still you didn´t want to give up. You got some advice, made some new friends, and at the end you finally got that little place on OCR prooving that you´re now a remixer, OCR-style. That was a very rough summary I guess, but you sure showed some spirit to achieve your goal. I´m also would want to learn how to remix some day, but if I have to go through all that maybe I´ll pass. Yeah, I know, "Better to have remixed and failed than never remixed at all", you´re a fighter Nazgul, no questions about that, you deserves this title. Trés bien Nazgul, tu est un remixer magnifique. Meilleur travaille!

See? I can do long stuff too, but those who also wants to be remixers or just curious abou the life of Nazgul, you should read his review.

Oh, right, the mix. Very weird, you had a whole arsenal of different sounds swirling around, truly reflects the panic and disorder among the goons of Leblanc. Different, funny, and worth a download. Give a listen, maybe many, and you´ll like it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

An excellent mix- actually more than "just" a remix but refreshingly original and full of variety. This includes an odd instrumental syncretism, a nice drive, but what's more, a superb combination of well-structuredness through the "theme" and variation by a wide variety of means, including instruments, sound snippets, melody quotes et al. This piece stands out by construction, even when some use of dynamics could have been a nice-to-have addition. But that is it for complaints, it's still marvelous.

• 2 years later...

This has a controlled chaos feel to it, like a very schizophrenic alarm set to music. Also the sounds here seem out of place. Its the same feeling as watching an orchestra trying to cover a metal song, except its something else trying to do techno. Everything feels dulled and smoothed over which feels really unique and atypical for the industrial-techno going on.

While it's not exactly one of my favorites, I still like it pretty good.

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01342 - Final Fantasy X-2 "Chauffage au Gaz"