PRC199 - Attacking the Command Center (Deus Ex)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 199

PRCv8-17

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

We're almost nearing PRC 200 already. I planned something special and different for that round, so the winner of this PRC will select the source for PRC201, the winner of PRC200 also selects a source for that.

Last round ended with two songs, and three votes. SubNormal J3 was the winner, with one point more as his competitor Zerothemaster.

SubNormal J3 selected the source for this round:

I'm not very familiar with PRC's history, but judging by the quality of Beckett007's last winning entry, my victory is hardly comparable to other winning tracks. I hope I haven't caused PRC to jump the shark during season 8. Thanks for the votes, regardless.

For PRC 199, I've chosen a track from the popular 90's adventure shooter Deus Ex. The track is "UNATCO," referring to the command center for the said organization. It has relatively simple chords and should be fun to rearrange. Frankly, I'm not sure how accurate the MIDI is, but it should be easy to pick out the notes from the YouTube video.

Hehe. Actually Deus Ex came out in 2000. My bad.

PRC199.jpg

Deus Ex (PC) - UNATCO

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

When you are not able to login, don't click on the 'click here to submit an entry' button, but click on the 'you are not logged in' button on the right top of the screen

MID File

Youtube

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY AUGUST 1st at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of PRC198, SubNormal J3, can't take part, but his vote counts twice. He's also allowed to submit one or more bonus mixes.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Well. Finished it and posted.

Incorperated three of my favorite electronic subgenres. I'm curious to see what happens.

It turned out pretty awesome :nicework:

We are now up to seven entries as I just subbed mine. If I didn't have a looming math final, I would have spent more time on it. >_>