GRMRB 2011 Exhibition Match

6RfxL.png

Introduction

After the excitement of the Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011, some other musicians decided to form the GRMRB: Exhibition Matches, to create loads of MASSIVE BEATS, THUMPING BASSES, CRUNCHIN' GUITARS, AND OTHER SIMILAR EPIC SOUNDING INSTRUMENTS to hold us over until the next Mega Man Remix Battle!

Current News

Match #4: SilvernixSP vs. Zerothemaster has almost finished! Check out the Match Index for the songs.

UPCOMING MATCHES

Geeky Stoner vs. Mr. L (Flash Man vs. Burst Man)

MATCH INDEX

Match #1: SilvernixSP vs. Geeky Stoner (Air Man vs. Flash Man)

SilvernixSP Remix: Flashing Sky

Geeky Stoner Remix: Flares

Match #2: chroxic vs. zach72 (Jewel Man vs. Drill Man)

chroxic Remix: J & R's Epic Adventure

zach72 Remix: Just A Day In The Mines

Match #3: SuperiorX vs. Geeky Stoner (Quick Man vs.Flash Man)

SuperiorX Remix: Witness My Quickness

Geeky Stoner Remix: TimeWarp

Match #4: SilvernixSP vs. Zerothemaster (Astro Man vs. Search Man)

SilvernixSP: Astro Comet Discovered

Remixers who may be Challenged:

SilvernixSP (Astro Man) Taken, vs. Zerothemaster

Chernabogue (Crash Man)

Geeky Stoner (Flash Man) Taken, vs. Mr. L

Zerothemaster (Search Man) Taken, vs. SilvernixSP

SuperiorX (Quick Man)

chroxic (Jewel Man)

zach72 (Drill Man)

Mr. L (Burst Man) Taken, vs. Geeky Stoner

FAQ

How does it work?

You, the remixer, choose any Robot Master from Mega Man 1-6 (NES), Mega Man 7 (SNES), Mega Man 8 (PSX), Mega Man 9-10 (DLC), Mega Man and Bass (SNES/GBA), Mega Man Powered Up (PSP), or Mega Man II and V (GB). This does not need to be your only RM, you may change as much as you like.

Remixers will have an agreed on amount of time to write a "VS. Remix;" that is to say, a remix featuring the themes of their own Robot Master and their opponent's Robot Master.

We do not have a public voting period.

Leave a comment or an in-depth constructive feedback. You can also post for which version you prefer.

So do I just pick a Robot Master? Is it first-come-first-served?

You may choose any RM from the previously listed games, and you can change in between matches.

When does it start?

When two remixers agree to start.

I'm not a remixer but I want to take part somehow. What can I do to help?

We need sigs and artwork and stuff, so if you're good with the Photoshops, that'd be a big help.

What about Mega Man X/Legends/Battle Network/Zero/ZX?

This tournament is limited to the the main Classic series games.

Can I be Dr. Wily/Dark Man/Dr. Cossack/Mr. X?

Those guys aren't Robot Masters, so no, sorry. No intro stages either.

Crash Man joins the fun. :) However, if I don't have the time to do some music, I won't make it.

Nice, Welcome and don't worry, we actually don't have a time limit or whatsoever. Me and Geeky Stoner will start soon and try to do it in one week, but if life get in the way and we finish 2 days later, It's not a big deal here since we're doing this for fun.

Nice, Welcome and don't worry, we actually don't have a time limit or whatsoever. Me and Geeky Stoner will start soon and try to do it in one week, but if life get in the way and we finish 2 days later, It's not a big deal here since we're doing this for fun.

Alright! If anyone from the GRMRB wants to "challenge" me (even my former challegers!), just say it! :wink:

That's awesome chernabouge what people can do if you're not making music right now (or aren't able to) is vote on our songs for a little exhibition round winner (if you are so inclined i don't want this getting to competitive, it's just for fun and practice)

EDIT:oh also chernabouge i'll challenge you if no one challenges you soon

Sweet!

Now, when I pick one, am I going to be stuck with it forever? or can I change up, since its an exhibition and all?

Or... is it just a one-off? I just thought of that. :P

Well, at first I was thinking of we keep the robot master we got in the compo until next year when DarkeSword will give us our next robot master, but while rethinking it, if someone want to change I don't really mind because if prophetik or WillRock join up after their final, I think they will change since they have remix their robor master more than 5 time...

EDIT:

honestly i feel like you can pick any robot master ..even one that has been taken , this is just for fun so anything goes(heck i might challenge some people with a different robot master)

also I'm glad Darkesword approves i was a bit worried about that

I'm glad too

Well, at first I was thinking of we keep the robot master we got in the compo until next year when DarkeSword will give us our next robot master, but while rethinking it, if someone want to change I don't really mind because if prophetik or WillRock join up after their final, I think they will change since they have remix their robor master more than 5 time...

Alright!

I'll take Search Man ( MM8 ) and challenge Mr. Chernabogue. :D

(Don't beat me too badly...)

So I'm starting today on my mix I'm guessing it will roughly be about a week mixing time so from weekend to weekend is roughly the frame we're giving ourselves with a little bit of leniency.

I'm not sure how this would work with chernabouge and zerothemaster since cherna doesn't seem to have to much free time right now ..maybe you two can mix next week.

perhaps this can become a regular weekly thing (although i don't like the idea of just having two remixers every week maybe we can have weeks where there are a couple matchups)

So I'm starting today on my mix I'm guessing it will roughly be about a week mixing time so from weekend to weekend is roughly the frame we're giving ourselves with a little bit of leniency.

I have start 2 days ago, but din't really put enouf time on in yet, I'm like 1/4 done.

This is pretty cool. I may join in at some point. The only reason I didn't do the GRMRB 2011 was because of time constraints, but my time has opened up a bit now.

I'll let you guys know if/when I want to participate.

Great! I wonder if you're going to pick Dive Man...

Well, I'm done. I may recheck my song before saturday, but it's mostly done. Prepare yourself Geeky, This time, I have learned from my mistake in Hard Breathe, there's less instruments that play the same notes, less instruments that sound the same, less medley style and more remix style. I can already tell some issues in my song, but I wonder what the critic will be this time. I'm progressing and this song is way better and catchy that my first round. :grin:

EDIT: What is funny is when I join the competition and take Air Man, I was like, "This gonna be hard remixing Air Man" but even if it will be harder with him, I take him anyway. When it's more harder, you learn faster. That's how it work for me.

I got more difficulty remixing my own robot master than remixing my opponnents.

A couple q's, Silvernix:

1. Will we have voting ala the actual matches?

2. How about choosing RM from non-numbered MM games, like Mega Man & Bass, Mega Man II (GB) or the Stardroids from Mega Man V (GB)?

Mega Man and Bass was never off limits (Ground Man has always been chosen), but good question on the Stardroids

A couple q's, Silvernix:

1. Will we have voting ala the actual matches?

2. How about choosing RM from non-numbered MM games, like Mega Man & Bass, Mega Man II (GB) or the Stardroids from Mega Man V (GB)?

1. Well yes!, this will not be as professional as DarkeSword but I was thinking of oppenning a thread with the link for the songs in it, and people will be able to vote in the thread

2. Same rule as GRMRB, but since we're doing this for fun, you may take a Staroids, if your opponent agreed to remix it with you, I don't really mind.

What I'm saying is, we're doing this for practice, so basically, you can do whatever you want but, I think the more closer you are with the rules, the better it will be.