GRMRB 2011 Exhibition Match

If I'm allowed to put in my input here, I think it would be a better idea for you guys to keep things in one thread. If you guys make another thread for voting, it will only get messier. If push comes to shove, you could always try to get a social group going like the GRMRB groups, but I dunno how successful you'd be there, without trying to deter you from that path. If you want my advice, I say forget the voting (leave that official stuff for the actual compo) and use this thread just to give opinions on the mixes and help everyone improve. As a WIP thread, which is what this is, that seems like the best idea to me. You guys do what you want tho :)

Yeah honestly i agree with Willrock.

The more i think about it, we really shouldn't hold voting in these matches.

The only reason there is voting in the official competition is because there is a bracket where a winner needs to be declared, and as we've said before we are really only doing this for fun.

It could work, but only if we got somebody experienced to do it. If Darkesword wants to, he'd be ideal, but I'm sure he's got other things on his plate right now.

Also, you'd have to do a social group, a thread would be far too unorganized.

I would like to have voting, because you'd get more feedback that way (i think). But what do I know?

The other problem with voting is that you are likely to have a much smaller audience here than in the actual GRMRB, so voting may end up being inconsequential. And like others have said, having two threads or a social group would be unnecessary messy for what this is. I'd say it would be best to just reply with more in-depth constructive feedback (something we didn't do as much in the GRMRB) and if you really want to "vote" you could just end your post with "I preferred X's song".

The other problem with voting is that you are likely to have a much smaller audience here than in the actual GRMRB, so voting may end up being inconsequential. And like others have said, having two threads or a social group would be unnecessary messy for what this is. I'd say it would be best to just reply with more in-depth constructive feedback (something we didn't do as much in the GRMRB) and if you really want to "vote" you could just end your post with "I preferred X's song".

Sir, you win with this argument. WillRock have good point,but I really like your idea and opinion about having in-depth constructive feedback and if people really want, they can also post for which version they prefer. So, with this...

http://soundcloud.com/silvernixsp/silvernixsp-flashing-sky-air

Tell me what you guys think, can't wait to ear your version Geeky

Well i have a near finished version of my song. http://tindeck.com/listen/pujs

I'm not crazy about it but it's decent i guess, I might just go with this as i haven't been doing to well with making music this week. (you're right Silvernix remixing Airman is hard)

So maybe there will be an updated version out soon or maybe not, but people have two songs to evaluate, have at it folks.

Yours is interesting Silver it definitely has more transitions and has the themes blending more, it's a bit clashy at times but i couldn't even get the two themes to blend myself so you win there.

Silvernix: Some good ideas, but you try to mix the themes too much and it ends up rather messy. The transitions from one theme to another are sometimes jarring, and the mixing of the themes sometimes just doesn't work. I liked the storm ambiance idea, though.

Stoner: Your track wasn't quite so messy, and enjoyable to listen to. Unfortunately, it was a bit too minimalist, and didn't seem to really go anywhere. I could only pick out the lead and drums (and bass at some points), and it didn't seem to change very much.

My vote goes to... I mean, I prefered Geeky Stoner's mix.

Yeah, I have to agree. I think both mixes were pretty good, and improvements over your previous entries in the competition, but SilvernixSP's mix's transitions could have stood to be a bit smoother. It was nice that it surprised you when you heard the other song pop up in the middle of the other theme, and I wonder if there's some way to preserve that while also smoothing out the transitions.

Keep bringing out those mixes!

More mixers need to get involved!!

Interesting mixes.

Geeky Stoner: Your track sounded pretty good. Some interesting ideas going on. Production values were pretty good. The low end & percussion sounded a bit muddy at times, but the lead synths were crisp. The themes themselves weren't blended together very well, but that be hard sometimes given the source material. Overall this felt very similar to your GRMRB track, which isn't a bad thing.

Silvernix: I can tell you tried to improve here. I have to agree with the others though, you tried to transition the pieces, but it sounds like your kept each theme in it's own key signature, which leads to a very painful clash when there are off-key notes playing over one another. If you can make the key sigs agree, then you will get rid of that "clashy" sound and the transitions will sound a lot better. I liked what you were trying to do here, some of the little improvs on the themes and the "storm" idea are good ideas, they just need to be executed better. Fix the key signatures and you'll be onto something.

Although I'm not very good at mixing, I'd like to participate and improve too O:! But first, a few questions O:! How does this work since I wasn't in the grmrb, do I just pick a robot master and wait for a challenge/challenge someone who is available?

(if it is just pick a robot master because I wasn't in the grmrb, then can I choose Drill Man?)

OK, thanks all for the review, I'm really busy so I can't work on this now, but at least, I'm still alive and have read what you guys have mark... You guys are pro, finding all my problem so easy. And yes, one of my big problem is that I have trouble switching the key from the original(nostalgia maybe?). When I try to do this, I always end up with something even worst, because My Real MAIN problem is I don't know witch or what instruments to use when I'm remixing. I'm always changing instruments because I don't have a style or have something in mind for this... or maybe just don't have the pack of instrument I need... I never research for this. Anyway, guess I will have to put much time and effort if I want something better than this...

Question: It may be stupid but, when you guys remixing, are you always starting with the drums, or you start with another instrument and put the drums after?

Question: It may be stupid but, when you guys remixing, are you always starting with the drums, or you start with another instrument and put the drums after?

I find starting with a melody helps inspiration flow better than drums, just because drums just seem irritating to me if repeated by themselves

• 2 weeks later...
this shit be dead in a pool of it's own blood, it needs a medkit.

Well, I'm really busy, and if people don't agreed each other to remix with their opponnents, I can't do shit against that... :neutral: I'm gonna pick someone soon, If I can find some time in my schedule, was thinking of rearranging my Flashing Sky mix, but don't feel like it, just gonna improve with some tip on the internet and apply them for my next mix... see you guys soon, I Hope:grin:

If Chernabogue doesn't mind, I can take on someone else.

I'm Search Man from MM8.

EDIT: Forest Man? herpaderpalerp.

It's look like people are really busy, or they just don't know about this thread...

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

I'll be your opponnent, but this time, give me a few weeks and Im going with Astro Man, so, I'm gonna wait for your answer if you agreed to remix Astro Man Vs. Search Man.

If anyone's taking requests, I would love to hear a matchup with Tengu Man's theme from the Saturn version of Mega Man 8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTlK3Svd94g

It doesn't get much love because there are three different versions of Tengu Man's theme (between the PSX and Saturn versions of Mega Man 8, and Rockman and Forte). It's too bad because it's the most awesome of the three.

It's look like people are really busy, or they just don't know about this thread...

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

I'll be your opponnent, but this time, give me a few weeks and Im going with Astro Man, so, I'm gonna wait for your answer if you agreed to remix Astro Man Vs. Search Man.

Which Astro Man? There is the MM8 or the MM&B.

Sure, I'm good with it.

You should consider posting finished pieces in the first post :) Like have "#1: Flash Man vs. Air Man (Geeky Stoner vs. SilvernixSP)" and links to the pieces. Just a suggestion.

Which Astro Man? There is the MM8 or the MM&B.

Sure, I'm good with it.

You should consider posting finished pieces in the first post :) Like have "#1: Flash Man vs. Air Man (Geeky Stoner vs. SilvernixSP)" and links to the pieces. Just a suggestion.

MM8, sorry for forgetting to mentioning it, and yea good idea, I will do this now...

MATCH INDEX

Match #1: SilvernixSP Vs. Geeky Stoner (Air Man Vs. Flash Man)

SilvernixSP Remix: Flashing Sky

Geeky Stoner Remix: Flares

Remixers who may be Challenged:

SilvernixSP (Astro Man) Taken, vs. Zerothemaster

Chernabogue (Gravity Man)

Geeky Stoner (Flash Man)

Zerothemaster (Search Man) Taken, vs. SilvernixSP

SuperiorX

chroxic

zach72 (Drill Man)

Just fixing it up a bit to be prettier. Can do a full writeup for it if you wish.

And Astro Man... Hmm. This'll be fun :D

I might be able to do it next week or the week after... School starts Monday and that makes things interesting. We'll see.