GRMRB 2011 Exhibition Match

I actually haven't gotten much so far i haven't put much time into mine yet i've had a few personal things going on and made a few original songs this actually kind of snuck up on me a few days ago

Yeah take your time, no rush. I had a few weeknights of free-time and inspiration, so I'm just farther along than anticipated.

Ok everybody, here's my song:

Witness My Quickness (Quick Man vs. Flash Man)

I know it's not perfect, but I like what I have here, it's pretty solid. The two themes actually blended together nicely so I ended up layering parts of each theme on top of each other throughout the song.

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

Ok everybody, here's my song:

Witness My Quickness (Quick Man vs. Flash Man)

I know it's not perfect, but I like what I have here, it's pretty solid. The two themes actually blended together nicely so I ended up layering parts of each theme on top of each other throughout the song.

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

I approve of this song. :nicework:

Hoping to see more of the same in the WCRG 2011 from you (you are joining, aren't you?)

Well SuperiorX, Nice job, I like it alot. You blend the 2 theme together so good its unbelivable. Never thought Quick Man can be this good in a mix and really match Flash Man. Love the instrument and the sounds effect you use from the game in the mix. A+, Instant Fav.:smile:

Thanks! Layered the themes ended up being a lot easier than I thought. Sound effects can be cheesy in remixes, but I think these worked well as "transition" pieces inbetween sections of the song.

Nice mix, SuperiorX! Awesome layering of the two themes, you just melded them right on each other :D! Really loved the section where it dropped volume a lot, I just wish it was a little bit louder there so I could enjoy it moar :nicework:

I assume you mean the section from 2:35 - 2:50? Yeah I wanted it to be very distinct. I imagined it as being frozen in Flash Man's "Time Stopper" weapon. I could go back and raise the volume levels a bit. Ya know, I have a problem with that in general though. All my mixes seem to be a bit quiet, something in my mastering is not right. I need to work on that.

Thanks for the comments guys!

ok so mine is done it's called TimeWarp

i couldn't really blend the themes too well some of the flashman parts are a little forced imho, there are a few bits where it's blending though.

I really liked yours Superior you blended the themes so well.

your production is good perhaps a bit quiet but that's more a personal preference kind of thing.

i couldn't really blend the themes too well some of the flashman parts are a little forced imho, there are a few bits where it's blending though.

I liked yours too. I particularly liked some of the liberties you took with the melodies of each theme throughout the song (one thing I didn't really do too well). The song felt like it took a little while to get going, with the same Quick Man melody playing up through 1:31 (nice little effect there by the way). I agree that some of the Flash Man parts sounded forced, particularly the introduction of the theme at 2:22 felt a bit awkward. I think it changed keys too, which disrupts the flow a bit. If both themes were transposed in the same key sig, it would add a bit more cohesiveness to the song, making it sound like one piece, instead of two separate songs. Again, I like the little improvisations you made on the melodies though, it adds a nice touch of originality to a very over-remixed theme. Overall I like the "chill" atmosphere of the piece and your instrumentation choices too. Nice work!

And yeah, my song is a bit quiet, but that's because I apparently suck at mastering. I can never get the volume levels adjusted the way I like.

i'm not sure what program you're using but a few compressors with a master limiter/compressor on you're main mixing track helps a bit.

I like your ear for sound though all the samples or synths used sound really well.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to mess around with those. I know I'm in the minority. but I'm one of the few people that uses Sony ACID Pro as my DAW. It's the first one I ever used years and years ago, so I just kind of stuck with it because I was most familiar with it. I might switch over to FL here in the future though because it looks easier to use & more powerful.

Well nice job, I think you have a slow start, like SuperiorX said, your intro is long with the same beat repeating. The piece is smooth and relaxing, but I prefer the version of SuperiorX.

• 2 weeks later...

Long time, no post here!

EDIT: Some of you may have glanced at my post previously, but I removed it because I figured everyone might've been busy with real life or what have you; I thought I'd try later.

I do believe I shall repost this here, and here it shall stay!

-- Original (as my memory serves), but slightly more condensed post:

Hey everyone! I've been meaning to drop by here and throw my hat in the fray (and watch it get burned to crisp). I like the more casual, but still competitive, atmosphere here, so, beam me up!

My picks:

1. Burst Man (My "main" Robot Master)

2. Dust Man

3. Aqua Man

4. Junk Man

5. Frost Man

^ I'm open for challenging on *any* of those Robot Masters. Feel like challenging Dust Man first? That's cool with me!

I'm not capable of doing... much right now. I'm just beginning this, in fact, but I'll still give you the best that I can offer!

Yes Mr. L I wish there were more people active with this.

I would've accepted the challenge but having just come off another match i wanted a little bit of a break.

Of course now I'll accept the challenge, since I'm a bit burnt out right now and you're inexperienced let's take our time with this one.

Also for anyone wondering about my fathers surgery, it went just fine and he's doing well he's back walking and full of piss and vinegar just like his old self.

I remember reading about your father from an earlier post of yours; I'm glad he's doing fine now! :smile: Surgery's a dang beast. :evil:

"I would've accepted the challenge but having just come off another match i wanted a little bit of a break.

Of course now I'll accept the challenge, since I'm a bit burnt out right now and your inexperienced let's take our time with this one."

Nothing wrong with a break.

As for taking our time, that's also fine with me: I'll need all the time I can get anyway. :lol:

After all, the important thing is to have fun! Anyway, thanks for accepting my challenge!

Now then, to figure out how in the Hades to integrate Flash Man and Burst Man... :???:

EDIT: Sorry I just now noticed; thanks for the update Silvernix! :D

Well, now that I'm in an official thing, I don't care about you guys anymore. *turns up nose*.

MWAHAHA just kidding.

But, I am working hard on my Wily Castle song, but will probably throw together a quick tune in the next two weeks for my match w/ Silv. Are we still on? does that work for you?

Yea, I'm still on, I was working on it this week, so I don't know when it will be finish but I'm trying to do something good... well like I said I'm trying...

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm almost done with it, this week or next, I will upload my remix. I know your in the competition so you don't have to worry about releasing your remix yet. Anyway, here we can take the time we want. Even if I think I got more lazy one this track... I think it's my best so far... I'm leveling up!