Yet another Corneria Remix

Source:

Remix:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9861939/Corneria%20Remix%20beta.mp3

Hello OCR, longtime fan, first time posting.

This is my first remix/arrangement. I hope it doesn't totally suck! If it does though, let me know and tell me what I might change to make it better. Cheers!

-Lord Shrubb3ry

Edit: Just noticed I didn't post the thread title properly. It should be "Star Fox - Corneria". Sorry!

You've got some good ideas. I don't have much time to comment, but the first thing that jumps out at me are your transitions. They're almost there but as they stand they're a little too jarring.

The other thing is your beat. Its good, but needs a lot more variation. Its too static

You have a really good foundation for a good remix. Keep refining it a bit more :)

At first, I wasn't sure what to think when I heard everything. But then, the main part kicked in and I fell in love with it. I think you should get into the main stuff a little sooner. I would also recommend making the frequency changes a little faster.

It sounds to me like you have the skeleton of the whole mix complete. However, I would suggest adding more sound. You definitely do a good job of shaking things up, but you shouldn't repeat things to the point where it gets predictable. You should also try to throw more of your own stuff in there, I love the way you play with the main melody.

The only thing that I felt was a little out of place was the almost awkward pause you placed in the middle of the song. I thought the song was done and almost closed the window.

Keep on working on this. It always takes a while to get a mix to sound good. Love what you’re doing with production, so just keep hacking away at it!

• 1 month later...

May seem like I'm necromancing a dead thread, since it's been so long since I've posted but I've finally revised my mix enough to a point where I can be satisfied with it, using your guys' critiques.

Here's the link to the new version: http://snd.sc/ra490J

I'm such a noob at remixing and arranging (although there was barely any in there), it took me forever to figure out what the hell to do with the damn thing! Anyways, thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming!