Secret game I'm working on.

erineclipse

Please try to keep the game secret-ish.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5bq5i55e2t2bnsc

Anyway, the game currently has placeholder music right now. Looking for about 12 tracks, (7 level music tracks, a danger theme, and a boss theme, two multiplayer themes, and a credits theme.)

Right now I am only looking for 3 themes, (a level theme, a danger theme, and a boss theme.)

There are no rules, be as creative as you like, but please keep the filesize small and although you don't have to, you probably should play the game first. You can even collaborate with other composers (though you will have to share the winnings with them.)

I've changed the contest. Instead of it based on a winning composer, each track will be judged individually. So if you submit a winning track, you will get 2% of game profits. If you win all twelve, you'll get 24%. There is no deadline, basically I'll wait until I find something I really like, and wait just a little bit longer to be sure.

Since the full game is not complete, and if it was I wouldn't post it since it is commercial, the contest is limited to 3 songs for now. Once the full game is complete screenshots will be posted of the full game in order to provide musical ideas. Of course, ANY winning composer will get a free copy of the full game.

Good luck! :)!!

Dude...

No, don't post your game on the Internet so publicly if you're really nervous about theft.

You mention prosecution, I'm assuming you have access to a lawyer, if that's true, there's no way a lawyer would have recommended this way of presenting your secret game.

Instead, do not post your game for free download.

Post your desire for some composers, and then have interested composers sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and then feel more comfortable sharing your assets.

Not like this, you have no way of knowing who is viewing this topic, nor who is downloading your game, no way to track them, no control over any aspects of distribution.

Take it down, man, and do it right.

PM me if you need help with non-disclosure agreements.

Dude...

No, don't post your game on the Internet so publicly if you're really nervous about theft.

You mention prosecution, I'm assuming you have access to a lawyer, if that's true, there's no way a lawyer would have recommended this way of presenting your secret game.

Instead, do not post your game for free download.

Post your desire for some composers, and then have interested composers sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and then feel more comfortable sharing your assets.

Not like this, you have no way of knowing who is viewing this topic, nor who is downloading your game, no way to track them, no control over any aspects of distribution.

Take it down, man, and do it right.

PM me if you need help with non-disclosure agreements.

Sorry...I see that you see through my scheme. I just put that there to deter people from doing it, as I wasn't really going to enforce anything.

• 4 months later...