Pokemon R/S/E - Route 120 Mix

TGH

Wow, this is great! :grin: I really love how you've arranged it. Just a few minor issues I noticed:

- The main drum beat sounds a little bit too heavy in the first half of the song (0:51, 1:13, 2:04). I think it's slight over-compression but I'm not entirely sure.

- The piano could do with a bit more humanization, especially in that last bit. Try messing with the velocities a bit, and have the notes making up the chords play at slightly different times rather than all at once. Also, you could have one or two of the synthsfading out over the start of the outro, although the transition is fine as it is already.

- This is just an idea, but you could spice up the transition at 1:11-1:13 with something like filter effects or a light stutter on the synth-string chord. I think that'd sound good :razz:. Although again, it sounds good as it is, too.

Oh, and I love those chord changes around 2:21-2:38 and the following piano solo.:grin:

Excellent work again! (and nice choice of source too :))

Wow, this is great! :grin: I really love how you've arranged it. Just a few minor issues I noticed:

- The main drum beat sounds a little bit too heavy in the first half of the song (0:51, 1:13, 2:04). I think it's slight over-compression but I'm not entirely sure.

- The piano could do with a bit more humanization, especially in that last bit. Try messing with the velocities a bit, and have the notes making up the chords play at slightly different times rather than all at once. Also, you could have one or two of the synthsfading out over the start of the outro, although the transition is fine as it is already.

- This is just an idea, but you could spice up the transition at 1:11-1:13 with something like filter effects or a light stutter on the synth-string chord. I think that'd sound good :razz:. Although again, it sounds good as it is, too.

Oh, and I love those chord changes around 2:21-2:38 and the following piano solo.:grin:

Excellent work again! (and nice choice of source too :))

Thanks Sock, honestly I have no idea where the loud drums came from, I remember mixing them a lot softer... oh well, fixed.

As for the humanization in the piano, I actually paid very close attention to that and I think it's fine as is. I also thought about fading out the synths, it didn't work out like I had hoped. I do agree with you though that the transition works as is, so I just decided to keep it like that. Thanks a lot for your feedback :D

http://www.box.net/shared/i72mrch3xsi3jnet7mq6 revised version

BTW jesus man, what are you waiting for, RESUBMIT YOUR MT. MOON MIX!

• 2 weeks later...

This, like your other work, is really great.

I've only just become aware of your stuff since the GRMRB, but I'm really liking what you've produced so far.

Did you ever end up submitting that Southern Face Shrine remix from Zelda: Link's Awakening? One of my personal favorites

• 1 month later...