For you MAGFest jammers!

DaMonz

Hey guys! I'm going to the next MAGFest and I kinda had an idea.

I think it'd be pretty awesome if a few of us practiced a few songs before going there, to play them in the jamspace. For example, I can play clash on the big bridge on the keyboard, and it'd be cool if someone learned the bass part, someone learns it on guitar, etc. etc.

So yeah if any of you guys are interested you can write some song suggestions in here, what part you can play, etc. I think this could be particularly fun :)

I'll be attending too! (I'm going with Damonz)

I'd LOVE to cover some Metallica! It remembers me of my old band.

But since we're there, why not cover something more...

?

I also thought about jamming out some classic songs from Nintendo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15jdo7aAKlI <-- Could be groovy as F*ck!

Well, let us know! It'd be great to jam with people from OC =D

(I drum, btw)

Hey guys! I'm going to the next MAGFest and I kinda had an idea.

I think it'd be pretty awesome if a few of us practiced a few songs before going there, to play them in the jamspace. For example, I can play clash on the big bridge on the keyboard, and it'd be cool if someone learned the bass part, someone learns it on guitar, etc. etc.

So yeah if any of you guys are interested you can write some song suggestions in here, what part you can play, etc. I think this could be particularly fun :)

I know the bass for clash. Also I play bass, also if any vocals are needed (that are male) i can cover them.

:D Maybe make a master list of songs?

Hey, I've thought of starting a thread like this before. Glad to see it has actually been started. ^_^

In my experience, when at Jamspace with random other people, it has been useful to know the chords and melody to VGM "standards": Dr. Wily works very well as a jam, Chrono Trigger stuff (Schala, Millenial Fair, 1000 AD, etc.), Final Fantasy (Terra, Prelude, etc.), etc. Thought it would be neat if people contributed their ideas of what popular VGM songs would be good to know for jamming so that when we all go up there with random other people, we have something to pull from instead of spending forever dicking around and trying to find some nonexistent common ground.

Well I'm happy to see that this is getting some interest! :-D Thanks for the heads up about the previous jams Amy, I'll check out those songs :)

@Amphibious: just learn anything you'd like to play! ^^

Here are a few tracks I think would be great to jam to/cover:

Dark World - Zelda LttP

Decisive Battle - FFVI

Vampire Killer - Castlevania

Gerudo Valley - Zelda OoT

Chemical Plant - Sonic 2

I could still go on for a while but I don't wanna push my luck :) Any opinions?

Here are a few tracks I think would be great to jam to/cover:

Dark World - Zelda LttP

Decisive Battle - FFVI

Vampire Killer - Castlevania

Gerudo Valley - Zelda OoT

Chemical Plant - Sonic 2

Haha, Decisive Battle and Chemical Plant were ones I was actually thinking of. The others are all great too. If I have time I'll probably learn all of those actually, among others. I'll see if I can come up with any cool suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

If you wanna play the Pokemon Theme song, I'm down :D Used to play it with my band, I know the guitar part (including the solo), and the keyboard part (both on keyboard and guitar) :D

Some others I know that would be fun to play are: Golden Sun Battle Theme, Koopa's Theme, Those Who Fight Further, Goldenrod City, and a few other arrangements and stuff.

Anyways, I'd totally be down for this :D

• 1 month later...

It's about time I'm bringing this back up!

I think I've got a pretty interesting idea: we should try playing some of our stuff (I mean YOUR stuff, OCR people!) like ReMixes or even original stuff (like BGC's Impostor Nostalgia, for instance).

I started jamming to Ben Briggs' "Climb My Mountain, This High" on my Melodica and it sounded pretty sweet :P and same goes for BGC's "Fight the Current".

I think this could be really cool :D what do you think?