*NO* Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 'For Three Days' *FT*

GrayLightning

GØ£ÐËÑ T€ÅR§ Fallthrough

Fallthrough so that mixer can get judge comments. He notified me like two months ago about lost submissions, so I told him he can Fallthrough a mix to the panel as soon as he provides me info on it.

-------------------------

Hey, pretzel!

I have something for the queuing line, and I thought I'd give you my info in paragraph form! Whether you remember me or not, I call myself GØ£ÐËÑ T€ÅR§ when mixing (although born as Chris Narvali)...and I say that because I've submitted before, using links that would expire before you'd ever read about it, so I figured you could be fed up. Please disregard the past... Smile

Anyway, don't wanna go too deep into a history, but my previous submissions were from Majora's Mask (as is this one), and since dead links got me nowhere, GrayLightning was kind enough to tell me things as they were instead. This is a third attempt using my best skills so far, and from MM this is called "For 3 Days".

This is a vocal attempt, and let all be warned that I'm not great at it, but with that in mind, here's a quote you can post: "I give real credit to artists like DJP, jdproject, Star Salzman, and anyone else (apologies) who ever dared to perform vocally, for it is nowhere CLOSE to easy!" The song is based on Clock Town, the lyrics were written with a general view of the words Link must've thought of to keep him going...and as awkward as some may take it, it's like pop, inspired by a song the Backstreet Boys made called Get Another Boyfriend. I put in similarities between that song and this mix (along with other Backstreet/Pop elements), and I just hope you're fooled!

...OK, now I'll finish briefly. My e-mail's cnarvali@hotmail.com . My website is http://goldentears.x3fusion.com . I'm called GØ£ÐËÑ T€ÅR§ on the forums too (I tried looking for a number, but I guess I got nowhere - Edit: 11244), and I tried to fill out whatever I could on the song's ID3 tag (Winamp).

Here's a link to the source tune (I think it's familiar enough, though):

And then voila, the remixed link:

I hope everyone enjoys this, as it took several months to get, in my opinion, perfect. It was difficult, and painful, but loads of fun at the same time!

P.S.

...And I suppose it would help if I showed you the lyrics, huh?:

Majora's Mask - "For 3 Days"

============================

For 3 days

(Count it up!)

Verse 1

-------

I am a boy from a far-away place

While galloping along, I fell on my face

Someone took an ocarina from me

And I'm gonna get it back!

Chorus

------

I've been fighting for 3 days (3 days fighting)

3 days running and jumping around (Moving around)

I've been fighting for 3 days

Trying to save your life (It's your life I'm saving)

While you were all hiding for 3 days

3 days screaming and fleeing aloud (Look out)

I've been fighting for 3 days

'Cause I'm a hero inside (I'm a hero)

Verse 2

-------

Being all prepared, I leave for my quest

Although I'm really lost, I'll show you my best

Pretty soon the moon will stop and you'll see

Skull kid, you will pay. Attack!

Verse 3

-------

I was just riding, keeping to myself

When suddenly I'm knocked out cold, out of nowhere

A little shook, but I still had full health

Then I saw this kid. I swear I knew him from somewhere

He runs away with my horse. He runs away with my toy

Little did he know he messed with the wrong boy

Oh, what can I say. I've got another 3 days

(Ladies and gentlemen. The Indigo-Go's!)

Now the problem is mine! 'Cause I'm the Hero of Time!

For 3 days

Chris Narvali.

PS. OH! By the way, my "GoldenTears" (special characters) name is my mixing name, but the ID3 tag will say "GT". I did that in case if you post the mix, my mixing name might become an issue. If it is, you can change it to just GT

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.zophar.net/usf/lozmmusf.rar - 108 Clock Town - Day 1

Wooo. Um. Yeah, these lyrics definitely ain't delivered well. The sounds are really basic and the production and sound balance are pretty poor. The chorus is at least decently performed and has some short delay, but it's on the much lower side of decent. The arrangement ideas were there per se, but the sounds were fairly sparse.

The concept isn't well executed, Chris, and I'd hang in the ReMixing & Work-in-Progress forums religiously for more tutorial and feedback. Practice your vocals a hell of a lot so they aren't so dry and (well...) amateur. I know this is an amateur community, but there's a difference between the vocals of someone who practices and trains their voice and then this. Ah well.

NO

This mix is completely ridiculous.

the music is incredibly simple and sloppy. and it repeats.

the vocals....

i'm speechless

NO

Gray, you're supposed to listen to a fallthrough and decide it has a good chance of passing before you post it. Don't do this again.

Yeah, but he's been submitting a lot of lost/bounced emails stuff throughout the months. DJP ok'd his FallThrough 2 months ago, since the emails weren't getting through and also so this guy could actually get judge feedback. This was a special case scenario.