Suggestions for computer monitor

Final_metroid

Hey all,

I think my Dell 2007fpb monitor has gone kaput. I was playing psychonauts last night when my monitor suddenly went black and the power light shut off. After letting it cool for a bit, the monitor did not turn back on when i plugged it into a different outlet. Im guessing its a hardware problem beyond my own capabilities (I dont know whether i should try to open it up, although itd be no loss because i have no warranty...)

What are your guys suggestions for a new monitor? I preferably still want something widescreen but am unwilling to spend much on it. Also, prior to this incident, I liked to connect my ps2 to the monitor to play off of that, could it have burned out this fast because it wasnt optimized for that? If so?, am I just better off getting a TV as a monitor instead?

your monitor's power supply blew. not worth fixing in most cases.

149 is a good price. 200 isn't.

what input are you needing for the ps2? i'm assuming analog, which means an expensive converter.

if you need a cheap one, hanns-g and acer both sell 22" monitors for around 140$ or so. hanns-g also sells an excellent 28" monitor that i use as a portable tv when it's not my primary monitor.

thats what i was thinking, my monitor that i had did possess an analogue input. But in this case maybe i should hold off on it in order to get a cheaper monitor. The only downside would be that id like to play games when i go the to dorm having a monitor that can double as a tv saves space and perhaps money if i consider buying a small tv...

a 32" HDTV with analog and digital inputs is under 300$. if you want to save space, go that route. you're not going to find a monitor with analog inputs for under that price, or if you do it'll either be small or cheaply made. and the converters cost a lot

just know that a 32" tv uses 1280x768 resolution, so it's lower resolution than you'd be used to on a monitor. you'll have to sit a bit farther away as well to make it look good. make sure you get one that can display that resolution at 60hz, and not 24 or 23.973hz, as the first is for computers and the second is for video content.