Acoustic/Electric Violinist for recording sessions

violin_iyer

Hey Guys,

How you doing? I'm a violinist from India and am interested in collaborating in electronic music projects I play the electric and acoustic violin, Indian and world style. I am equally into a pure acoustic violin song or a electronic song using processed electric violins. The electric violin I use is a yamaha 5 string I and process it with GT6 and Mainstage 2 when necessary. :grin:

A little about what I've done so far.

Been playing since I was 9, and have toured all over countries(US, UK, Australia, China, Spain, Sweden etc) to play live gigs with bands Raghu Dixit Project and Emergence. Played in festivals and stages like Glastonbury, WOMAD, One Movement(Perth), Kennedy Centre for Perfoming Arts, BBC show 'Later with Jools Holland'. Been doing sessions for the Indian film industry(Bollywood) for the past 5 years and have played for Oscar Winner A.R. Rahman amongst other music directors.

http://www.karthickiyer.com/the-violinist is my site where you can listen to my music.

I mainly work with Logic, record with Apogee One soundcard, EV blue mic, Groove tubes GT30(Home Studio)

Do contact me on srinivasan.karthick@gmail.com for any session work.

Cheers :-D

Karthick

Hey Karthick,

I had some difficulty loading your mp3 player in IE9 through your page's embedding. I ended up having to load the swf file individually in order to hear your tracks.

Cool jive. I have a violin guy I already go to, but he gets quite busy, and I will definitely keep you on file if I need someone.

I assume you can read music?

Thank you! :)

@chris - hopefully soon! :)

@ kuolema @dannthr - Sure let me know. Yeah reading music is not a problem, sending a rough track for the melody part works better for me though.

@Meteo Xavier - it depends on the amount of work that the track needs. Maybe it would be better to discuss that along with the project?

Thats about twice what I expected, but PER SONG is a very nice touch and you do have a great, prof-quality sound going. I like your style. :)

I don't have anything set up right now, but its very likely I might need some solo violin work in the future. What does $200 per song buy me exactly?

Thank you for that! It buys you the violin tracks input, any compositional work/ additional layering for the violin track, any tone processing and rough violin mix.

Also if it's very less violin that's needed, something below 10 sec I can charge only $125 :grin:

Cheers!

Hey Sonic

Sorry about the trouble. Please check out http://www.reverbnation.com/karthickiyer if the website doesn't work. The 2nd, 3rd songs are the violin pieces.

Sometimes there are some incompatibility issues with IE. Changing the browser works in most cases. Cheers :)

Wow those are some great violin piece's,imspiring compositions!