Mega Man Legends 2 - Battle Atop the Sulpher Bottom - v2UP

Dash Myoku

---Update#2 - v3---

stats.png

Well, I've got the HQ Guitars in place, though I'll probably end up going back and rendering them differently. There's some noticeable things about them I don't like and need to get fixed. Balanced some volume issues as well, but I still think the track is kinda loud, so I'll be working more on that.

Um...that's basically it for now. Give it a listen. Post your thoughts. Do stuff. Enjoy. :P

---UPDATE#1 - v2---

stats.png

Finished writing out the rest of the remix. Probably will go back over and add some variations to existing leads 'n what not. After that, all that will be left to do is render this with HQ sounds.

Let me know what you guys think. :P

--------------------------------------------------

Alright, with all the MML stuff going on right now, I figured it was appropriate to attempt another Legends remix. So, I decided to remix Geetz Battle them, with the Mother Zone as an intro.

---The Remix v1---

stats.png

---Source Tunes---

The Mother Zone - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyoM9oR33Js

Geetz's Battle Theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVKUWMW3pP8

I decided to stick with the metal-esque feel that Geetz's Battle theme used...at least with the drums. But instead of having a hint of Metal, I went with full-blown metal.

First off, I apologize about the sound quality. It's a hassle loading up all sorts of HQ VSTs to get an idea down, so I just went with soundfonts for quickness. Secondly, there is currently no "bridge" section connecting the two sources. The tempo kicks up after the Mother Zone source and 6 hi-hat hits mark the new temp. After that, I jump right into the "Verse" of the composition.

And lastly, the second portion has little lead parts for the moment. I was more or less focused on getting a solid foundation and progression, so leads will surely come in later WIP Versions.

Give it a listen and let me know what you think. Any tips for improvement are extremely helpful, especially at this point in the composing process. And as always, enjoy. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a huge fan of MML2, and saying that: CAPCOM, IF YOU'RE READING THIS THEN BRING BACK MML3!

And if Pepsi is reading this, you should bring back crystal Pepsi, because it was cool.

Anyways, I'm diggin the remix! I feel that it sounds a bit midi-esque in the beginning part, but DANG! What a great ride after that, I feel the memories coming back from the great old days :)

First off, thanks for the reply!

The beginning does sound midi-ish. I've realized that a while ago, so I definitely plan on doing something different with the intro to make it feel better...with jelly.

I had also started writing a new section for the actual Geetz part of the remix, just to add some length so it didn't feel so short. Not sure if I'm going to leave it in, but we'll see. :D

• 1 month later...