Stickerbrush Symphony

Mordi

Really enjoyed the track, weirdly it didn't sound empty without a solo instrument, which is a great thing.

I think it is rather conservative, if you do add vocals/instrument I guess you'd want something more original?

Either way, looking forward to this mix, if you can't find sexy vocals/sax I'm happy to help if wanted =)

Wow, this took me by surprise. It's very conservative but the production overall is really high quality. It does its own thing eventually with some original writing so if the lead writing was interpretive enough, this could definitely be OCR-quality material. This would definitely rock with some vocals or sax, hope that becomes a reality in the near future!

Dude, when did you get good at this stuff? Wasn't it just the other day (months ago?) when you were all newby and faily? :P

Nice groove, nice sounds, nice choice of source, only too conservative for ocr. Bass might be a tad too hard, you could relax it a little. Gonna echo Chris' remark about how it doesn't sound empty in the parts without a lead, the groove carries it well enough, and it's surprisingly varied. 1:50 - especially nice work here. All in all, get interpretive and you'll be a posted remixer in no-time*.

*aside from evaluation, judging and posting queue.

My friend actually introduced me to this piece in high school, and I'm still not too familiar with it myself, but I enjoy it immensely. So while I can't make critiques as to the apparently conservative arrangement as-is, I really enjoyed it as a listen.

As much as I love a smooth saxophone, I might lean more toward vocals instead of sax for this one if you want to be sure to stray from the conservative approach, because I did just listen to the source and there appears to be a pretty clear midi sax (which is kind of an oxymoron). Idk, up to you, just make it sexy ;)

Also, on the second listen, I would LOVE to hear those two pickup notes that only happen like every 4 bars to be raised up a major third once in a while. S'all I got, keep it comin!

pH

Well huh.. this was a total surprise. I was just about ready to hear yet another bad Donkey Kong song, but this is surprisingly well put together. It maintained its ability to be used in games, yet it has enough to be put up when outside a game as well. I guess it's my symphonic arranger saying the background synth-pad might be better a s slow violin ensemble, but those are just details

May I ask, where are the intro (and outro) bird/atmosphere sounds from? I'd personally guess they're from a television series/anime, but in case you used a free source, I'd love to have a link :D

Great feedback, duders! :grin:

I just did some improv over this, while doing some practice, its really addicted to play to! Would u be interested to listen Mordi?

Definitely. Drop me a PM!

Dude, when did you get good at this stuff? Wasn't it just the other day (months ago?) when you were all newby and faily? :P

Well, I like to think I shook off those stamps sometime in 2009 or 2010, but yes, I have posted a lot of crap here since I started in 2007/2008. :P

May I ask, where are the intro (and outro) bird/atmosphere sounds from? I'd personally guess they're from a television series/anime, but in case you used a free source, I'd love to have a link :D

They are from http://www.soundsnap.com. It's a pay-site, but I created an account while they still had a "5 free sounds per month"-deal going on. They don't have that deal anymore, but I have tons of ambient sound effects in my library from there which I have accumulated over the years. SS is the highest quality soundeffect-site I've seen. Too bad it's so expensive!