Borderlands 2

prophetik music

uh, yeah, it's been announced for a spring 2012 release.

day one purchase for me. i played the first on 360 and didn't get into it, and then played it on steam thanks to stevo bortz buying it for me and absolutely loved it. i definitely prefer it as a coop game, not a single-player game, but even still i'm definitely getting it day one.

whatcha think, people? think the ending will be better? :< game informer's got the 'scoop' next month, so in a few weeks when i get my august edition i'll put more details up.

I hope they keep the tone just like the first game's DLC and not like its main storyline. The main plot was ridiculous. It was super-serious, so much so that the jokes and characters seemed out of place. The DLC nailed it, with some truly laugh out loud moments and generally good times had by all.

Also, for FPS games, online co-op is a big thing for me these days, so I'm hoping they retain the option to complete the whole story with a friend online.

I picked up the first Borderlands on Steam during their summer sale (a bit late to the party), and its a pretty damn cool game. I've recently gotten more into co-op games (quit MMOs for more single player a while back, and its a nice middle ground). Its hard to say this will be a day one buy for me, with the plethora of awesome games coming out in the next while, but it certainly interests me.

Can't wait for more info.

• 1 year later...
I picked up the first Borderlands on Steam during their summer sale (a bit late to the party), and its a pretty damn cool game. I've recently gotten more into co-op games (quit MMOs for more single player a while back, and its a nice middle ground). Its hard to say this will be a day one buy for me, with the plethora of awesome games coming out in the next while, but it certainly interests me.

Can't wait for more info.

Same. I got it in the steam summer sale, and I played it to death. Went with the soldier, and dumped all my points into ammo and health regeneration, ammo increases and cover fire for the turret. It works pretty well, but I haven't really gotten to try it out for multiplayer.

Also, Krom's Sidearm is fucking awesome, and I still use it, despite there being better guns out there.

Borderlands 2 will be bought, but only after I get done with all this work and I have free time again.