PRC200 - PRC Stands For Less Remixed Sources (Sonic The Hedgehog 3 - Ice Cap Zone)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 200

PRCv8-18

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

This is a special moment. In October 2003 it started, and now we are almost eight years later. In those years many PRC happends, PRC26, the first anniversary was the most succesfull round. Several rounds ended up with only one song, but it never happened that a PRC didn't receive an entry. Caleb Kinkaid (Reelmojo) started the contest. After that, Kamoh (Estevao), The Orchicalcon, Rexy and myself hosted this contest. For myself, it is already the 70th PRC as host.

Last round was a really interesting one. An amazing number of 11 entrants appeared and I received the same amount of votes as well.

I planned something special and different for this round, but the winner, Nutritious gets to select the source for PRC201. The winner of this round also may do that. This means everyone can enter this round.

The goal of PRC is to remix sources which aren't remixed many times. One of the restrictions for a winner in selecting the source is that it doesn't have an OC Remix. Also the source is not allowed to be the main source in previous PRC's.

This edition, we do it different.

Instead of remixing less remixed sources, we now are going to remix one of the most remixed songs here.

PRC200.jpg

Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (GENESIS) - Ice Cap Zone

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

When you are not able to login, don't click on the 'click here to submit an entry' button, but click on the 'you are not logged in' button on the right top of the screen.

MID File

More MID Files

I allow you to use MID's from both Acts. So you are allowed to Remix Act 1 and Act 2 of the Ice Cap Zone.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, which would not be surprisingly this time, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY AUGUST 15th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. Everyone can enter, nobody has a vote that counts twice.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

LOL... nice pick. I think I'm one of the 5 peeps on the planet that hasn't actually tried to remix this bad boy. There's surprisingly some really epic stuff in that source which is really good material for orchestral work. No kidding, the source was thematically and tonally reminding me of "Arrival to Earth" from Transformers by Jablonsky and "Time" by Zimmer, so... I know you're all really surprised, thats the route I took. My remix is complete and uploaded with the usual epicness. I think this one may damn well be my best remix work to date and worthy of an official submit to the judges panel here at OCR.

Also, congrats Nutritious... nice mix you had there, great work man.

Lastly, don't want to hi-jack this thread by any means, but I do want to advertise my new cinematic sample library that I released for FREE. Read more about it here on the forums:

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36268

Rich

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 5 entries are submitted.

Funny detail: All the songs have a length between 2:58 and 3:27, only a half minute difference (so I'm not accepting arguments like the song is too long or too short:mrgreen:).

To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They aren't allowed to vote for themselve, but they receive an added first place if they vote.

You have until NEXT Wednesday, August 17th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC201.

When you aren't able to log-in, click the You are not logged in button at the top right of the page instead of the Log in to Vote button below.

It's results time.

The votes are in.

Total number of mixes - 5

Total number of votes - 6

Maximum Score - 18.

V___ gets the last place wooden spoon with 5 points.

Zerothemaster nine points and did the most creative entry. He gets fourth place.

SubNormal J3 and Obtuse claimed a second place with 10 points.

And the winner of PRC200 and a free ticket to Launch BaseZone winner is Beckett007 with 14 points!!

Congratulations Beckett007 you have won this special PRC edition.

Beckett007, you may select the source for PRC201. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Do that as soon as you can, but before next Friday.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

You can find the votes here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC200

V___ decided to not use much of the source

I take offence to that!!!

- The bassline was the lead theme but diff rhythm (C, C2, Bb, [extra note C] E, F, G, E)

- The percussive elements were kept static and duplicated the systematic and constant beat of the source, plus some rhythms

- The lead was a combo of the lead and the bassline from the source (lead C, C2, Bb; bassline C Ab Bb G)

I take offence to that!!!

- The bassline was the lead theme but diff rhythm (C, C2, Bb, [extra note C] E, F, G, E)

- The percussive elements were kept static and duplicated the systematic and constant beat of the source, plus some rhythms

- The lead was a combo of the lead and the bassline from the source (lead C, C2, Bb; bassline C Ab Bb G)

You are right, you did use the source, otherwise the entry wasn't allowed as entry and should be a bonus mix. But that's not the case; however the source wasn't recognised as much as in the other songs. But this remix competition allows to do this.:-D

You are right, you did use the source, otherwise the entry wasn't allowed as entry and should be a bonus mix. But that's not the case; however the source wasn't recognised as much as in the other songs. But this remix competition allows to do this.:-D

I take no offence to the fact it wasnt readily recognised, no offence to the wooden spoon, I take offence to the claim I didnt use much of the source.

The claim is slanderous, and has caused me significant mental distress. I have a mind to sue for damages.

I respectfully request that hereby any references of said material be removed from all websites, databases, archives and similiar mediums immediately, or within a period of no more than seven (7) days.

I also demand icecream. Choc chip. With sprinkles. But remove all the red/pink ones

Why

So

Serious?

To The Recipient (Beckett007),

This notification is in regard to a recent post you made on www.OCRemix.org, found at the following address:

http://ocremix.org/forums/showpost.php?p=802854&postcount=22

The owner of the post you quoted within your reply has expressed dismay at your inclusion of his copywrited material being used in such a manner to convey a non-chalont and humourous response to a issue regarding slander.

I would like to remind you that cyber bullying is a crime under section 733.1(a) of the Cyber Criminal and Corporate Terrrost Provocation Act 2007, with punishments ranging with a firm slap on the hand, to repeated nights of unconsentual sodomy in the prison closest to you.

At this time, we have decided not to pursue any action against you, however consider this a warning to cease and desist. If this behaviour continues, or you fail to comply with any subsequent removal orders, we will have no choice but to forward all details to the relevant authorities.

As this issue has the potential for litigation in the future, your comments and this response has been archived and may be used in any appropriate legal procedings. Your presence as a material witness in any related cases may also be required, so please forward your personal address, location of all valuables to us at your convenience, and times all residents are away from the premises.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Some Totally Real Lawyers Worth Alot Of Money Inc Pty Ltd

To The Recipient (Beckett007),

This notification is in regard to a recent post you made on www.OCRemix.org, found at the following address:

http://ocremix.org/forums/showpost.php?p=802854&postcount=22

The owner of the post you quoted within your reply has expressed dismay at your inclusion of his copywrited material being used in such a manner to convey a non-chalont and humourous response to a issue regarding slander.

I would like to remind you that cyber bullying is a crime under section 733.1(a) of the Cyber Criminal and Corporate Terrrost Provocation Act 2007, with punishments ranging with a firm slap on the hand, to repeated nights of unconsentual sodomy in the prison closest to you.

At this time, we have decided not to pursue any action against you, however consider this a warning to cease and desist. If this behaviour continues, or you fail to comply with any subsequent removal orders, we will have no choice but to forward all details to the relevant authorities.

As this issue has the potential for litigation in the future, your comments and this response has been archived and may be used in any appropriate legal procedings. Your presence as a material witness in any related cases may also be required, so please forward your personal address, location of all valuables to us at your convenience, and times all residents are away from the premises.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Some Totally Real Lawyers Worth Alot Of Money Inc Pty Ltd

I don't know what you want, but all above (except the parts about the source) is completely nonsense (sorry for that, but you cannot punish someone for saying the words why so serious. The only one who is cyber bullying is you.

Beckett007, don't send your details.

The PRC is a remix competition just for fun, and all entries submitted are related to the competition forever, when they are up in the voting stage (even if it is a bonus mix). And I make the rules, so I decide what happens with the songs.

Many people mainly focus on the main lead on the source, and other parts (the ones you used) aren't recognized by ear, according to some voters. You can be dissappointed about that, but since we are not professional, you cannot expect that we recognize everything. I recognized some parts, so I decided to allow your songs as an entry.

I'm not taking any action about this yet, but I'll ask the moderators to take a look at this. I only edited the sentence.