Dubstep Hero (The Legendary Hero - Wind Waker)

Segment 15

Hey guys. This'll be my first WIP on here. I'm looking forward to the feedback I'll get.

This is intended to be a dubstep/whatever-else remix of "The Legendary Hero" off of the Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker soundtrack. This is not the complete arrangement. Just what I have thus far. After the point where it cuts off, I plan on breaking in lots of new material. Let me know what you think!

Link: Dubstep Hero Demo 1

Love the string into to that sexy lead, and then the triplet feel AAWWW soo good. Pre-drop breakdown was bumping, but the drop needs moar energy!!! I would suggest removing kicks in the third and fourth beats right before the drop, and adding a portament bass or reverse snr/crash/kick to really create some energy.

Also, I think your wobble could stand to have more high frequency in it: perhaps, keep the lows but maybe add some distortion?

Could you clarify what you mean by "portament bass?" I'm not entirely sure what that means. :-|

Yeah I made that up kind of...I'm referring to portamento, which in traditional sheet writing means the sliding of one note to another i.e. if you took your finger on a guitar or cello, and then plucked the string and moved your finger up or down.

Most synthesizers have the option as an effect to use on their oscillators and it may be abbreviated as 'port'

Here's one of my favorite examples:

listen at 0:27 the bass goes vwwoooooom :D that is portamento

Good start at it.

But there is no drop. I was like : OMG OMMG OMMMMMGGGGGG THIS IS GOING UP AND UP AND..... WTH! Where is the drop.

It could be 4bar more longer and bring the bass up then cut silence 1beat and the drop with a crash or something.

I don't know about others but i"d remove some hi hat. I would let the first four come in at 1:38 and then stop playing the hi hat.

YOu could also change the wooble vibe sometime by going faster or slower.

You could add 2,3 more synth on top and distort things and glitch a little bit some sound or could chord some synth and add them.

And I loved the transition at 1:18. It was like, boring? and then dance everyone I'm going WAAAAAAAAAAAA.