Morrowind Main Theme (vocal)

redtails

The Elder Scrolls are by far one of my favourite game series. At the same time, I find the storylines dull, the lack of traditional boss fights is ridiculous and the leveling system is not as rewarding as an experience-based one. Its strongest points are by far its free nature and customizations. I like doing what I want in a game, instead of mindlessly following the instructions of some retarded demi-god like in other games. When I first played The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind years back, I was quite blown away by its theme song. For this remix, I simply had to pull out all the sample libraries I have. Let's see if ocremix can hear the phonetic lyrics.

Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWuNf4gxwuM

Partially inspired by the new Skyrim trailer:

For kicks, I worked together with a good friend of mine to include vocals:

Arrange: http://soundcloud.com/ravensjig/reiuyi-akhts-morrowind-vocal

Prefix is "finished", though any criticism is welcome~! Oh and that ringing sound surrounding the percussion is an mp3 artefact (soundcloud is 128kbit cbr mp3), you don't hear it in lossless

The lyrics are completely impossible to hear, at least to me. The way the melody instruments have attack on every new note (no legato) makes it all sound very fake. Aside from having the "choir" there, there's nothing new or exciting about this arrangement, so as far as OCReMixes go, you're screwed. :P

Thanks for the background info though, and really looking forward to Skyrim and trying to graduate before its release. Oblivion definitely set a dent in my grades way back in 2007.

• 3 weeks later...
The lyrics are completely impossible to hear, at least to me. The way the melody instruments have attack on every new note (no legato) makes it all sound very fake. Aside from having the "choir" there, there's nothing new or exciting about this arrangement, so as far as OCReMixes go, you're screwed. :P

Thanks for the background info though, and really looking forward to Skyrim and trying to graduate before its release. Oblivion definitely set a dent in my grades way back in 2007.

thank you for criticism. Unfortunately, I don't arrange for OC-remix, it's just a hobby of mine~

the vocals were hard to tell apart, you're spot on, so I've asked a friend to help me include recorded vocals (see op)

also, bump for announcing new link (see first post)