New FREE cinematic percussion library - DRYER DRUM of DEATH

Hello All,

By now most of you are familiar with my cinematic style here at OCR. I've been using custom samples for the last two years and have decided to start producing and releasing my own custom sets of samples into the wild.

This first release is called Dryer Drum of DEATH:

DDD_Logo.jpg

REQUIREMENTS:

FULL Version of Kontakt 4.2.3

Please note this library WILL NOT work with the kontakt player... sorry.

What is DRYER DRUM of DEATH?

It's your average every day dryer which has been meticulously recorded and turned into 5 multisampled kontakt instruments. Surprisingly, this library is geared toward building cinematic tension / suspense, creating eerie cinematic percussive ambiances, and helping to augment high octane action cues. There is even an included delay complete with built in step sequencer that TEMPO SYNCS to your host...you're welcome :). Overall It's a great library for creating tensions.

DRYER DRUM of DEATH Features:

-5 Kontakt instrument files

-3 to 4 Velocity Layers for most samples (be sure to try different velocities!)

-Multiple hits from a metal dryer (some designed)

-Sample base is unlocked

-Reverb pre-added for added epicness

-Built in kontakt delay arp that tempo syncs to your host sequencer

-Mod wheel controls the attack to get even more dynamic control

-Cost: FREE, I was going to charge $15 for it but decided against it

Even though this is free, if you feel like you'll get some use out of this instrument set, donations are appreciated in whatever amount you see fit. There's a paypal button via the link below for ease

More info, the full manual (with a detailed license agreement), demos, and of course a download link to the library itself can be found via my webpage here:

http://richdouglas.net/projects/dryerdrum.php

Enjoy, and rock on!

Meteo, NICE idea... the irish whistle has been added to my list of future releases. Of course, bear in mind that as my libraries focus on tension this would not be your basic irish flute sample set. It'd be pitched, mangled, and tweaked. However, I'd most likely have a patch with some normalish ambient phrases for ya ;).

Kuolema, nope... unfortunately there is no chance of a release in soundfont format. These libraries highly utilize Kontakts amazing built in features making it tied to that format. Sorry!

Shrack - Thanks! As for mics... I'm honestly just using a tascam DR07 field recorder. Great little device. The magic here isn't reliant on the raw recordings, it mainly happens in post and scripting.

Rich

Meteo, NICE idea... the irish whistle has been added to my list of future releases. Of course, bear in mind that as my libraries focus on tension this would not be your basic irish flute sample set. It'd be pitched, mangled, and tweaked.

Or you could make a melodic one that someone could actually use - since there is a dearth of them available individually, a really good one could boost your business significantly.

Or you could make a melodic one that someone could actually use - since there is a dearth of them available individually, a really good one could boost your business significantly.

That's not really his niche though; He does something very well and is focusing on that.

I really want to hear some good hip hop remixes, but I'm not about to ask you for some.

That's not really his niche though; He does something very well and is focusing on that.

I really want to hear some good hip hop remixes, but I'm not about to ask you for some.

Fair enough, I just didn't want him going to trouble to make these other samples that weren't really something I could make good on my promise for.

Fair enough fair enough, to each their own. I, however, am mainly focusing on atmosphere and tension building with my libraries.

We'll see what happens! I have a newsletter link up on the main page:

Also have a company facebook page set up. Be sure to like / subscribe to get the latest updates!

Main Page:

http://richdouglas.net/projects/samplesets.php

Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=215596865159157

Rich

Thanks Arch, glad you dig the dryer drum! The first commercial release, CLAVED, hits this friday for $20.

I just added the following video walkthroughs to their respective product pages, check em out if you're still on the fence.

BOTTLENECK video tour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBj7kE_EAIk

CLAVED video tour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ok1znwIrhY

Enjoy, and keep an eye out on the site this friday! Dont forget to subscribe to the CINEMATIC TENSION newsletter via the site and like our facebook page for tons of updates and other entertaining tidbits.

There are some really interesting releases in the pipeline of things that shouldnt be musical... but somehow now are.

Rich