OCR00447 - Zelda II "Hipccordian"

Ginnsu

Zelda II 'Hipccordian'

I didn't like this game one bit. I thought that the side scrolling was a serious down fall on the part of Nintendo, and not only that but I found the game to be way too hard (maybe because I sucked?). This mix, on the other hand, I can relate too. I click the organ, the accordion, and that smooth wind instrument. Good job, AmIEviL, keep this stuff coming.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I love this! :D I was a little skeptical about the accordian before I heard it.... now I think of it like this: Listening to some slow-groove techno while walking down the streets of Paris. Good stuff. The organs are nice too ;) Hehe, and that shaker and pizzacato string at the beginning. :D lol, and glockenspiels. Cool. 8)

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. I really can't say enough good things about this. I've only recently finished playing Zelda 2 (Zelda Collector's Edition + Hori digital controller = awesomeness, btw), and this track has been looping for several hours tonight. That mellow organ-and-accordian groove-- against all the odds-- fits so well with that peculiar, adventurous feel of the game. For someone who's still got Darknuts and Eagle Knights bouncing through their head, this track is absolutely priceless. It's a must-have track for Zelda 2 fans of both the long-suffering and the recently converted varieties.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I liked Z 2, however I had mixed feelings about the original source material. I don't know anything about the "music sheet measures", all I know is that the melody topped out at about 5 or 10 seconds in length.

This mix on the other hand, puts a new feel to that oh-so-short melody, and breaths new life into it. I'm sure if the original could mimic the style, it would have been much less annoying. I keep imagining this song being played in some laid-back European (Italian?) bar.

• 7 months later...

Definitely not what I expected when I saw it was by AmIEvil, but a very welcome mix on my headphones. The sound field was very sparse, but it works very well, and puts more attention on the performance. I thought the synths changed the mood pretty drastically, but I can dig it. Due to my general hyperactivity, this isn't a mix i'd listen to often, unless it was bedtime, but it's very quality. If you are the relaxed type, this will be one of your favorites. :-)

• 1 year later...

I would have never realized that the accordion was played live by AmIEvil. That's pretty cool, and adds a bit to this mix. This one is pretty chill, not much going on, but it has a different feel to the original, and creates it's own mood. Certainly worth a listen, if but to hear one of the few accordion mixes on the site.

• 10 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00447 - Zelda II "Hipccordian"
  • 8 months later...

This was my first favorite track on the site. So simple, but so well-done. Reminds me of sitting by the window in winter while it's snowing, listening to OCRemix's radio stream on winamp and playing Phantasy Star. I wonder where AmIEvil is nowadays.

Simple ideas executed well outclass slick, professionally-produced-sounding tracks any day.