Kirby's Epic Yarn - "Tropical Wheel"

Jonah-B

About two weeks ago my first game remix, Dark Shores of Hyrule, made it onto OCR. Several people gave me some wonderfully encouraging and positive feedback on it, but regardless the mix did have a lot of flaws. It just barely made it past the judges final decision. I wanted my second remix submission to do a little better than that, so I'm posting it here to get feedback before I send the submission email.

The song is called Topical Wheel. It's a remix of the Frosty Wheel piece from Kirby's Epic Yarn. The piece is basically finished, but I could use some suggestions to improve it before I send in the final copy. Here's the link.

[Edit] Here is Tropical Wheel Version 3. You can still find version 1 here and version 2 here if you're interested.

Ok, made some changes to this. Most of the changes were recommended to me by Anthony Morgan of the VGmusic.com message boards. I altered the acoustic sounds a bit, rerecorded some sections, blended an acoustic guitar into the electric guitar solo in the second half of the song, and made some other minor changes. I think it really helped. If anyone has any other suggestions for improvement I would love to hear them.

Tropical Wheel V2

Thank you both for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I have version three right here. I took both of your comments into consideration. The arpeggio moves a little less now and the guitar is slightly louder. I also eq'ed it a little higher to make it sound a little less boomy. As for the crunchy drums, I guess I didn't really achieve the sound I was going for. I made some changes to it and made it a little less prominent, but I didn't take it out completely.

Again, thank you both for your feedback. I think I'm about ready to submit this to the judges. I'll give it another listen later before I decide though. If anyone else has any suggestions I'm still open to hearing them. Thanks!

Wow! This sounds really great! I love Kirby's Epic Yarn ost so much, and this is such a great contrast to the simple quiet of the original source. Great sound, great reversible weather idea, and GREAT job on making this so enjoyable. Good luck subbing this, but I don't think you'd need a whole lot of luck :)