OCR02274 - Super Metroid "Avien"

djpretzel

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't really quite my style of music (I tend to need something a bit more active to appease my short attention span), but I am somewhat familiar with Burial, particularly "Archangel", and the crackly ambience here indeed reminds me quite a bit of his work. Beautiful production work here, with the great, deep soundscape, and piano/vocals tinkling over top. Nice mix, and even if not quite to my taste it'll certainly make nice background music while reading and such.

• 3 months later...

Theophany has been quickly getting on my radar for his work in general, but especially in some of his album project mixes which you all will get to hear soon with Wild ARMS and DKC 3. This mix is no exception either though with how it blends electronic & orchestral elements in a solemn and sad mix full of solitude. The irregular (in terms of how it fits on a superficial level) beat later on serves to highlight it in a way, building a bit of a feel of panic into the song.

Theo's crafting of this mix is incredible, and his work is fast becoming notable on a high level to me - keep it up!

• 10 months later...

Theophany's Bioluminescence on HoaH was definitely my favourite song on the whole album (which is saying quite a lot considering how it is my favourite OST remix album). But then this same caught my attention. I doubt I could count how many times I've listened to it this week. An absolutely amazing song with so much emotion. I'm not normally into such downtempo music but, Theophany, you've won my ears over. Please keep producing such top notch music!

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa, this is chilling and perfect for the season. The atmosphere in this ReMix is almost indescribable and I would never have thought that a hip-hop beat could be so ethereal. The vocals are indeed haunting and the whole ambiance could be either creepy or darkly wondrous depending on how you look at it. Love that piano use as well.

• 4 months later...

Doing a bit of catch up on Remixes, so I just recently came across this. I'm just blown away. The first time I heard it amid a batch of newly downloaded mixes, I just stopped working and sat and listened. It was just...mesmerizing. Thanks for sharing it with everyone!

EDIT: Also, I concur in full with Dubanubiel above.

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02274 - Super Metroid "Avien"