Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt - History

Shael Riley

I appreciate the sentiment GL. While I do still feel my last remix ("Descent To The End") was one of my best pieces compositionally and emotionally, it's nice to hear my older works still get some lovin' :)

Edit: Nevermind. That song's already taken.

I still rock out to Silverhawk Legacy....

:P

Hurry up and pick a song, old man!

Thanks, but... sorry Myth. After listening to the whole soundtrack, there's one song that struck an idea in my head. However, that song's been taken. Add to that, the fact that I apparently didn't pay enough attention to all of Shael's text (the idea was orchestral, and from what he wrote, that's not an appropriate genre... especially considering the idea I got), and it looks like I'll be staying out of this one. I'll submit the idea to VGmix when (if?) it gets done.

Good luck guys.

Is this my Cammy track? Cause at this point, it's the only one taken...

You want it?

No. I wouldn't feel right causing someone to start over, regardless of how they felt about it. As I said, it's orchestral... slow orchestral, and certainly not high energy. That's not in line with what Shael described.

I didn't read everything as thoroughly as I should have, and that was mistake on my part. If I had, I wouldn't have posted in here in the first place. Anyway, don't worry about it, Myth. You've got a good start going with your mix so far, and I'm not about to fuck with that :)

You could always try to submit it as a bonus track. And if you were really worried about cohesion, I'm sure one of the many guitarists here would love to try and help you out. Mmmmmmm prog metal.

I'm interested in doing T.Hawk's stage. You can put me down for that one.

Actually, I'd like to do Balrog's stage too. I'll only have time for one track though. I'm curious how you plan to insure all the tracks will share the same tonal qualities (as you've said you'd prefer). That might be the deciding factor to which track I choose.

I'm interested in doing T.Hawk's stage. You can put me down for that one.

Actually, I'd like to do Balrog's stage too. I'll only have time for one track though. I'm curious how you plan to insure all the tracks will share the same tonal qualities (as you've said you'd prefer). That might be the deciding factor to which track I choose.

Simple. If I feel a track is not of adequate quality or is of adequate quality but does not meet the mood/tone/genre requirements outlined in my initial post, I won't include it.

If you want to make very short WIPs--so long as they're completed enough to give us a general feel for the song; twenty seconds or so should be enough--I'll be happy to give you my thoughts as to their appropriateness in regards to the project, and I'm sure other people who read this thread will as well.

If you want to make very short WIPs--so long as they're completed enough to give us a general feel for the song; twenty seconds or so should be enough--I'd be happy to give you my thoughts as to their appropriateness in regards to the project, and I'm sure other people who read this thread will as well.

I will probably be doing this...

If I had talent in remixing I’d put my hand up for Guile’s theme… To bad Im talentless

I wish you all the luck of a thousand flying kicks

He's not talentless, he just has talent in more productive areas 8):wink:

To Shael, my thumbs up for the project :D :

http://lobachevsky.homelinux.net/~sriley/Submissions/Programmed%20to%20Kill.MP3

Still a pretty primitive WIP. Only the intro and the first part of the song are covered.

The idea is to make a hip hop song with a "secret agent" feel to it. The song will probably be getting heavier as it goes on.

Also, Mr. Nazgull will be rapping over it when it's ready!

Feedback apreciated!

http://www.mythrilnazgul.com/cammiehop.mp3

Updated with some vocals.

Not too sure about the choral effect on the vox. Might get rid of it at a later date.

Vocals are a bit cheesy.

Gonna call this song Street Fighting Girl.

Myth has a god example of what I'm looking for in a hip-hop remix going into the project. The beat is something you could work out to, or play the game to; the bass is sort of bone gnarly smooth--I don't know what that means but I said it--and the original source tune is very easy to pick out but also very obviously arranged in a unique and creative way. Rats off to ya!

To Shael, my thumbs up for the project :D :

http://lobachevsky.homelinux.net/~sriley/Submissions/Programmed%20to%20Kill.MP3

Still a pretty primitive WIP. Only the intro and the first part of the song are covered.

The idea is to make a hip hop song with a "secret agent" feel to it. The song will probably be getting heavier as it goes on.

Also, Mr. Nazgull will be rapping over it when it's ready!

Feedback apreciated!

This is bordering on violating the guidelines. It's a cool concept, very nice laid-back R&B but I can't work out to it. If I listened to this to get in the mood to punch somebody in the face, I might give up and go make a sandwhich. The beat needs more street. More street in the beat! I beat my meat! I eat my feet!

But really, it's got to be harder, more upbeat and energetic. Think of a tough guy with a boombox walking past you while you stand on teh street corner. You fear and respect this man because he is a great fighter, wealthy though unemployed and a snazzy dresser; could this man be listening to this WIP? I don't know. Make me say yes with your next revision.

Remember, the genre and mood guidelines are stricter for stage music.

Also, the original melody of the source tune is scarecly present. It's reiterated in truncated form in the intro and then lost; all we get is the chord structure. I hope you plan on adding it back in because it needs to be there.

Sorry to be so critical but I have a vision and this WIP doesn't fulfil it. Also, I'm a jackass. NO(resubmit).

Our AIM conversation says it best:

Red Tailed Fox: YES! Hahuahua... Let's see, things I could do to make this more bad ass: 1 - Make it a little bit faster. 2 - Changing the beat to a more energic one. 3 - Adding decent melody (it's there, Im telling you, is just the chosen synth that doesn't show it... What more?

Mr Shael Riley: Just keep changing it until it makes you want to punch somebody in the face.

Aww please, I am very busy. But I´ve a lot of interest on this project. It´s a good opportunity. So please Shael, listen my Zangief´s Stage (WIP) and tell me what you think:

http://www.vgmix.com/download?3270

The WIP is so old. And I am working on this song for a looooong time.

Uh...and sorry for my bad english.

I like your vaguely eastern orchestral and cinematic sounding take on the Zangief theme. Reminds me of some of my favorite Wuxia film's scores.

The drumline gives it some energy and it's very upbeat once it gets going, but the breadth of dynamics and tempo changes make me hesitate to punch someone in the face. I start listening and it gets fast and I'm like "Yeah! Here I go!" and I ball up a fist but then then you have the cymbal crash comes in and the tempo retards and you have a lilting string rendition of the melody and I'm like "Aw... I don't wanna punch someone now!"

I love what you're trying to do, seriously. I'm listening to this WIP again because I enjoy it, but it doesn't meet the tone mood and genre requirements the project has for a stage music remix.

Is there any way I could pursuade you to remix a non-stage song from the OST in this style? It's really captivating.

(also, all of your samples are too dry, especially the strings. Reverb please.)

Aww please, I am very busy. But I´ve a lot of interest on this project. It´s a good opportunity. So please Shael, listen my Zangief´s Stage (WIP) and tell me what you think:

http://www.vgmix.com/download?3270

The WIP is so old. And I am working on this song for a looooong time.

Uh...and sorry for my bad english.

I like your vaguely eastern orchestral and cinematic sounding take on the Zangief theme. Reminds me of some of my favorite Wuxia film's scores.

The drumline gives it some energy and it's very upbeat once it gets going, but the breadth of dynamics and tempo changes make me hesitate to punch someone in the face. I start listening and it gets fast and I'm like "Yeah! Here I go!" and I ball up a fist but then then you have the cymbal crash comes in and the tempo retards and you have a lilting string rendition of the melody and I'm like "Aw... I don't wanna punch someone now!"

I love what you're trying to do, seriously. I'm listening to this WIP again because I enjoy it, but it doesn't meet the tone mood and genre requirements the project has for a stage music remix.

Is there any way I could pursuade you to remix a non-stage song from the OST in this style? It's really captivating.

(also, all of your samples are too dry, especially the strings. Reverb please.)

I´m pretty sure about what you´re saying. As you know, it´s a WIP. And I will do it more better. If you want me on this project, I will go! But if not, so patiently.

Anyway, thanks for your time! :)

Also Mythril have some pretty cool stuff here. Your Cammy's Ending is very good indeed.

I´m pretty sure about what you´re saying. As you know, it´s a WIP. And I will do it more better. If you want me on this project, I will go! But if not, so patiently.

Whoa! That is some mangled English, sir.

I would like you to do a remix of one of the ending themes. Will you do a remix of one of the ending themes?

I would like you to do a remix of one of the ending themes. Will you do a remix of one of the ending themes?

Now, I´m feeling very happy.

Personally I want to do Chun-Li's Ending (Part 3). I have some ideas for this track. And I will post my WIP about this song on these days. Thanks for the interest.

EDIT: I will post the ReMix with the letters: "Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers". Probably, on VGMix

Now, I´m feeling very happy.

Personally I want to do Chun-Li's Ending (Part 3). I have some ideas for this track. And I will post my WIP about this song on these days. Thanks for the interest.

EDIT: I will post the ReMix with the letters: "Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers". Probably, on VGMix

Alright! We have bridged the culture gap! We have penetrated the language barier!

I'll update the main thread to include your declaration of intention.

Shael, you sound mad street thug like wanting to punch everybody in the face and all that. Where in New York are you from? Cause you definitely sound like you're from the streets, rep homie. Good luck to all you remixers, you guys are all seriously awesome for attempting this project. Can't wait to listen to the final results!

Shael, you sound mad street thug like wanting to punch everybody in the face and all that. Where in New York are you from? Cause you definitely sound like you're from the streets, rep homie. Good luck to all you remixers, you guys are all seriously awesome for attempting this project. Can't wait to listen to the final results!

Nah, I'm not really, although I did get in a lot of fights as a kid. I'm from Middletown, tri-state area. It's About an hour and a half from Brooklyn, where I do have some family. I was raised in a middle class home that transitioned to lower middle class when my father died at age 11, but I can't say I'm from the streets proper.

I do go to Chinatown sometimes, though. Chinatown's hardcore.

Anyway, Street Fighter.