Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt - History

Shael Riley

I've been seeing this thread on gen disc for some time now but the idea of this being a remixing project of the ssf2t ost never passed through my head.

So I was like.. "I'm bored... wut? ssf2? oh a thread by shael riley.. this must be sum fun shit."

But even then I didn't think it was another remixing project, until I read the first post.

ANYWAYS!! I've got my hands busy right now with the S&K project and with Kirby one too, so I'm kinda interested in tackling the cammy stage song and the blanka stage song but not right now. But if you give me a few months, I'll give them a try.

Good luck.

ANYWAYS!! I've got my hands busy right now with the S&K project and with Kirby one too, so I'm kinda interested in tackling the cammy stage song and the blanka stage song but not right now. But if you give me a few months, I'll give them a try.
Dude, music from you is always a good thing...

but out of FIFTY tracks you choose two of the few that have already got interested remixers with WIPs?

I've been seeing this thread on gen disc for some time now but the idea of this being a remixing project of the ssf2t ost never passed through my head.

So I was like.. "I'm bored... wut? ssf2? oh a thread by shael riley.. this must be sum fun shit."

But even then I didn't think it was another remixing project, until I read the first post.

Good luck.

'Love to have some work from you in the collection. We'll see what happens.

but out of FIFTY tracks you choose two of the few that have already got interested remixers with WIPs?

I quite agree with him...

Hey! That's OK. You should choose your first choice of songs to remix; that way you'll do the mix you want and, consequently, probobly a better mix than you would have if you settled for a song you weren't as inspired by.

I'm confident we'll be able to get representation for every single one of these tracks. From the obscure "End of Vs. Mode" to the obiquitous "Ryu's Stage." It's quality I'm most concerned about at this point. Everyone do the best mix you can and do the one you most want to do; indeed, in the initial post there are previsions in place for you to do just that. No compromises! Punch in the face!

Hahah...I guess I'm either going to need to pick up some more soundfonts of finally figure out how to use the oscilators and other generators...'cause what I have soundfont-wise wouldn't make anyone wanna punch anybody, other than me for making a mix not of the right genre.

Time to go read the tut files...

And damn you, Myth; those lyrics were stuck in my head all of last night and this morning. All I could think about during my Psych exam was Myth trying to get his ass kicked by a Street Fighter girl. >_>

Hmmm... I've been working on something for T.Hawk's stage music but I'm not sure if it will meet your "punch in the face" criteria. While working on it, I couldn't help but make it in a South Western style kinda like the original track(heh, anyone who's listened to my mixes would know I'm a sucker for that syle :) ). It does have a bit of a hard edge to it - I guess it sort of has a Tarantino/Rodriguez "punch in face" feel it.

Anyway, here's what I have at the moment.

I don't like 0:45-0:57 (will probably replace that part with something else).

Hmmm... I've been working on something for T.Hawk's stage music but I'm not sure if it will meet your "punch in the face" criteria. While working on it, I couldn't help but make it in a South Western style kinda like the original track(heh, anyone who's listened to my mixes would know I'm a sucker for that syle :) ). It does have a bit of a hard edge to it - I guess it sort of has a Tarantino/Rodriguez "punch in face" feel it.

Solid. I like it.

EDIT: I personally think that adding hiphop drums would would take away from the atmosphere of the piece. However, one way to add a bit more "face punching" might be to add some higher-energy, heavier brass. Maybe? I really have no idea when it comes to music composition (I tend to just listen to it rather than make my own), but that's my suggestion.

Oh, dude! This is awesome! I've always thought of T-Hawk's stage as a low point in the SSF2:T soundtrack but this track has comepletely changed my mind. You have taken the T-Hawk track and brought out the dormant awesome that has always been. I think I could punch someone in the face to this, but I'd be more likely to listen to this while driving away after having punched someone in the face. Could I pursuade you to try incorporating some hip-hop elements to this already stunning WIP? It's a fucking rocking track and I doubt anyone will submit another T-Hawk's Stage remix, let alone one with a snowball's chance in hell of dethroning this one, but if you want to make it more continuitous in terms of genre with the rest of the album, you might consider trying to infuse the song with some hip-hop drum loops as you continue to work on it and/or fatten up the bass. Another option would be to keep working that hard edge--the "Tarintino" one"-- that's present already until it really becomes prevailent. Either way

YES OVERRIDE.

I think I've punched about five people in the face from listening to this song already.

Oh, dude! This is awesome! I've always thought of T-Hawk's stage as a low point in the SSF2:T soundtrack but this track has comepletely changed my mind. You have taken the T-Hawk track and brought out the dormant awesome that has always been. I think I could punch someone in the face to this, but I'd be more likely to listen to this while driving away after having punched someone in the face. Could I pursuade you to try incorporating some hip-hop elements to this already stunning WIP? It's a fucking rocking track and I doubt anyone will submit another T-Hawk's Stage remix, let alone one with a snowball's chance in hell of dethroning this one, but if you want to make it more continuitous in terms of genre with the rest of the album, you might consider trying to infuse the song with some hip-hop drum loops as you continue to work on it and/or fatten up the bass. Another option would be to keep working that hard edge--the "Tarintino" one"-- that's present already until it really becomes prevailent. Either way

YES OVERRIDE.

I think I've punched about five people in the face from listening to this song already.

Cool. Alright, I'll see if I can work some of those ideas in. This one is progressing nicely and at a good pace, so I'll probably have time for another mix! Perhaps DeeJay or Dhalsim (from the looks of things, no ones shown interest in any of those yet?)... I'll let you know later.

This one's pretty cool; reminds me of what John Wayne, or some other Western bad-ass guy's theme should be like. The claps from 0:14 to 0:41 are a bit detracting, though; they come too often, and when I heard the first one it sounded way too much like static. :S Personally, I think it sounds best without them in there, but at least change the sound choice from clapping.

So yeah...other than that, sweet job there, Vurez. :thumbsup:

Solid. I like it.

EDIT: I personally think that adding hiphop drums would would take away from the atmosphere of the piece. However, one way to add a bit more "face punching" might be to add some higher-energy, heavier brass. Maybe? I really have no idea when it comes to music composition (I tend to just listen to it rather than make my own), but that's my suggestion.

You know, I've given it some further consideration and I think you might be right. Hip-hop drums could detract from the piece, which is already pretty damn face-punching. Just keep doin' what you doin', Vurez! We love you.

This one's pretty cool; reminds me of what John Wayne, or some other Western bad-ass guy's theme should be like. The claps from 0:14 to 0:41 are a bit detracting, though; they come too often, and when I heard the first one it sounded way too much like static. :S Personally, I think it sounds best without them in there, but at least change the sound choice from clapping.

So yeah...other than that, sweet job there, Vurez. :thumbsup:

I disagree here, definitely keep the claps in there since taking it out would take away from the picture the song brings and also those claps are a big element of the music those old westerns would have. Very good work Vurez. The bell is especially a treat and it all has a feel of an old western high-noon shootout. It brings much pride to the Thunderfoot tribe.

so I'm kinda interested in tackling the cammy stage song.

John Madden says tackle now! Sir! do it know! who's hotter kirby or cammy? unless you're a sicko and like puffballs shooting air at random objects.

CAMMY NOW ! yOU = Tackle! :)

very NICCE!

so I'm kinda interested in tackling the cammy stage song.

John Madden says tackle now! Sir! do it know! who's hotter kirby or cammy? unless you're a sicko and like puffballs shooting air at random objects.

CAMMY NOW ! yOU = Tackle! :)

actually I know some people who would consider kirby and other round, pink stuff sexier than cammy, or than anything else (doulifeé!). And besides, I have certain judge pointing a gun at my nuts to get the kirby mix finished ASAP. *gulp*

If I had talent in remixing I’d put my hand up for Guile’s theme… To bad Im talentless

I wish you all the luck of a thousand flying kicks

He's not talentless, he just has talent in more productive areas 8):wink:

Uh huh you know it Gurlfriend

Uh huh *snaps fingers*

If I had talent in remixing I’d put my hand up for Guile’s theme… To bad Im talentless

I wish you all the luck of a thousand flying kicks

He's not talentless, he just has talent in more productive areas 8):wink:

Uh huh you know it Gurlfriend

Uh huh *snaps fingers*

Dear Sosus, please send us money.

-The Musically Talented.

I noticed something odd about projects like this one:

Very few remixers post their WIPs in the WIP forum.

Is there a specific reason for that?

Because I think you would get much more feedback that way and the thread would be less cluttered. Also, interested listeners wouldn't have to browse through the whole thread.

I've uploaded the new version of Red Tailed Fox's Cammy's Stage submission, which I'm hosting for him. What do you think? Post your comments here. I'll do the same later.

I noticed something odd about projects like this one:

Very few remixers post their WIPs in the WIP forum.

Is there a specific reason for that?

Because I think you would get much more feedback that way and the thread would be less cluttered. Also, interested listeners wouldn't have to browse through the whole thread.

You're absolutely right.

Submitters, please post your WIP in the WIP section with a link to the project thread. The more feedback you get and the more exposure the project gets the better!

One suggestion I'd like to give to people is to, beyond the SSF2 SPCs, also check out the full Super Street Fighter II Turbo soundtrack. All of the themes have been beefed up with additional support instrumentation, and honing in the patterns on those instruments could easily give you ideas on variations you could do in the background of your mixes in order to fill them out further. I'll try and snag the soundtrack and temporarily host it for y'all so that someone else can mirror it for project purposes.