Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt - History

Shael Riley

Yes, I'm smiling, guys. :)

I've been in Baltimore for the past three days attending the release party of and finishing up my voicework for Neon FM.

I'll email McVaffe and let him know about the project, on the off chance that he might have time to contribute something to it. I might also challenge him to meet me at Chinatown Fair for a few rounds, since we both live in New York.

Right now I'm not going to say I'm going to cover any tracks but as the rounds progress and the track list gets more and more full, you can bet I'll step up and do what needs to be done to get every single track represented. :wink:

Good luck on your ReMixes. I'll check back in with you next week.

I might also challenge him to meet me at Chinatown Fair for a few rounds, since we both live in New York.

Well thank you for leaving me the fuck out! After Down With Bane, THIS is how you repay me??? :cry:

I'm kidding, of course....Anyway, I'm thinking of Wu-Tanging this Fei Long theme; anyone have (or know where I can find) SFX/voice clips from some old martial arts movies?

-DCT

I might also challenge him to meet me at Chinatown Fair for a few rounds, since we both live in New York.

Well thank you for leaving me the fuck out! After Down With Bane, THIS is how you repay me??? :cry:

I'm kidding, of course....Anyway, I'm thinking of Wu-Tanging this Fei Long theme; anyone have (or know where I can find) SFX/voice clips from some old martial arts movies?

-DCT

I've been searching the internet for months for Shaolin sound clips (you aint the only one whose been wanting to do a Wu Tang style mix ;)). Short of ripping them from the dvds, I have no idea how to find them...:(

Shaolin shadowboxing...and the Wu Tang sword style...

Cool intro. Gonna have a lot of nitpicks. When a mix is this good, there's not much else you can do but nitpick.

Something about the beat in the beginning makes it sound a little generic; perhaps too much reverb. The initial bass could be sharper. I LOVE that bass synth or whatever at 0:48. After that until 1:28 is pretty forgettable, but that's gonna happen in a mix this long. After 1:28 is pure sweet. Nice introduction of the other instruments, nice layering. The synth at 2:12 is out of place imo. The rhodes or whatever that hits at 2:58 fits perfectly; nicely done. Same with the chords at 3:34. The break at 4:11 is excellent. The initial bridge is awkward, and remains awkward but is still pretty well done. That bass is goddamn perfect. Nice. Bleh, those tossed-in crashes at around 5:30 smack of a stagnant beat.

Overall, this is smoooooth. It's a prime example of a NEAR great mix. When a mix is this good, it's extremely difficult to say what differentiates this from, say, a McVaffe mix. But it's definitely not quite as good (less tweaked, less refined). Keep in mind, though, that simply being compared to a McV mix is like saying your mix is one of the best out there.

VERY well done. I look forward to hearing what Myth can do with it. I hafta say though that this wouldn't make me want to punch anybody... (do we care? :))

-DCT

Man, I challenge you to Chinatown like every other month and you're all like "I have friends coming up from Vegas" and shit. :wink:

Just a note, I've not been near my computer all weekend (Stranded at home) but I'll be trying to get back to it as soon as possible.

Great.

In fact, I will not be much of a presence in this following week. Tests, exams, school stuff...

But it's alright, most of my song is done, I just need to fix some production standarts (taking the chance to thank Ritcher :D ) and then add gitz and final production.

Mr.Nazgul: If you wanna record another vocal WIP, it would be great!!

Just a note, I've not been near my computer all weekend (Stranded at home) but I'll be trying to get back to it as soon as possible.

Great.

In fact, I will not be much of a presence in this following week. Tests, exams, school stuff...

But it's alright, most of my song is done, I just need to fix some production standarts (taking the chance to thank Ritcher :D ) and then add gitz and final production.

Mr.Nazgul: If you wanna record another vocal WIP, it would be great!!

Cool. The WIPs due June fourth are just that: works in progress. Everyone's has been really cool so far and I look forward to hearing all of your revisions next Saturday.

Okay, Mr. Shael. I posted my WIP now. Click here.

Your feedback is really necessary. Also, I posted my song on WIP forum. Keep this project up, bro!

Really nice work. This is a good example of how and when the mood and genre guidelines can be relaxed for ending

themes.

I'm gonna check this against the source tune for accuracy in a bit but arrangement and production I already dig.

Daniel Baronowsky has submitted a WIP of Ryu's Ending that really exemplifies what I'm looking for in an ending theme. Now, this isn't to say it's the only way to go about doing one--Myth's more ubeat take on Cammy's ending stands as testament to this--but if you're considering trying an ending theme and are short on ideas or a little confused about the mood and genre guidelines, you might want to listen to his WIP:

http://www.therighteous.net/music/ryu.mp3

Daniel Baronowsky has submitted a WIP of Ryu's Ending that really exemplifies what I'm looking for in an ending theme. Now, this isn't to say it's the only way to go about doing one--Myth's more ubeat take on Cammy's ending stands as testament to this--but if you're considering trying an ending theme and are short on ideas or a little confused about the mood and genre guidelines, you might want to listen to his WIP:

http://www.therighteous.net/music/ryu.mp3

I listened the original track in spc file and listened the ReMix. Wow, the piano is quite amazing. I can´t wait to listen more of this WIP.

By the way, Shael. You wrote "Daniel Baranowsky" wrong on the first page. :wink: