Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt - History

Shael Riley

Just a note, I've not been near my computer all weekend (Stranded at home) but I'll be trying to get back to it as soon as possible.

Great.

In fact, I will not be much of a presence in this following week. Tests, exams, school stuff...

But it's alright, most of my song is done, I just need to fix some production standarts (taking the chance to thank Ritcher :D ) and then add gitz and final production.

Mr.Nazgul: If you wanna record another vocal WIP, it would be great!!

Send me what you have as an almost final. I'm going to try and get back to my PC tomorrow and record music all day. I'll be working on it for sure.

Ok, ladies and gentleman Boys and Girls.

We have a neeeew WIP for you, with some Nazgul magic. You can find it on this link:

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=4150

We are heading for the final version.

Now I will polish the instrumentation, get the guitars recorded (which MAY take some time), and the MN will be putting down the final vocal section!!

How do you like the song so far?

OK. Guys, I am super sorry. I don't know why I said the deadline was last Saturday. I wasn't even drunk. I screwed up the dates. June 4th is next Saturday and I can't apologize enough to anyone who got thrown off by my mistake. Sometimes I just confuse time. dur dur. The first Deadline's NEXT Saturday, June 4th. I'd originally said:

Hey, kids.

Tonight's the deadline.

I'll be checking for your submissions and contacting people who declared intention but did not produce and possibley striking their names from the track list, looking for people to replace them, seeing what's up etc....

Expect an update of some signifigance when I return home Monday. I'm away again this weekend. Hope who celebrates the holiday is having a happy holiday.

Needless to say, I'm holding off on contacting absentee submitters until the actual deadline, June 4th. A dur dur. buh.

Also, I finally got in touch with McVaffe and, like I promised you I would, and he politely declined, as he'd already done several Street Fighter arrangements and is a little burnt out on not only remixing SF music but on VG mixes overall. He was pretty cool about the whole thing and suggested we might meet in China Town to play a few games of SF2, though. DCT, I'm looking at you. :-P

In reference to that, I'm pretty sure there's no way I'm gonna be able to hold this one. There's a lot of crap going on for me right now - serious stuff. If I wind up with something by saturday, that would be great, but there's a good chance I won't. Sorry, y'all.

Also, I finally got in touch with McVaffe and, like I promised you I would, and he politely declined, as he'd already done several Street Fighter arrangements and is a little burnt out on not only remixing SF music but on VG mixes overall. He was pretty cool about the whole thing and suggested we might meet in China Town to play a few games of SF2, though. DCT, I'm looking at you. :-P

Oh....ummm....well I have friends coming in from Las Vegas....just kidding. Just name the date. :wink:

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to back out of this project. I can't get a damn thing started with this Fei Long mix, and echoing McVaffe, I'm a little burnt out on the VG remixing thing for the time being. :cry:

-DCT

http://joker.paletteswap.com/Remixes/SSF2%20Turbo%20Project%20-%20Joker%20-%20On%20The%20Docks.mp3

There's my Ken mix. I don't have enough time to upload it anywhere else. So if anyone can help me out & find a way to send this to Mistah Riley I'd be really happy! But it's there.

You might wanna try to send him via AIM (altough Shael has been really busy, and hardly on AIM). If you want I can send Shael the remix as soon as he is on (I have to send him my WIP also) my AIM adress is: Red Tailed Fox (duuuuuh).

About your mix:

The arrengment surpasses the execution. I like the intro idea, altough I think the chosen synths need to be worked to sound less dry, the Intro copuld be way more developed.

The biggest problems are drums here. No, sorry, the biggest problem here is the Hatz and Crashes you chose. They sound very dry, and the dinamics doesn't change at all... These guys need some work on. And I think they are appearing to much. Overall it is going good so far. :)

http://joker.paletteswap.com/Remixes/SSF2%20Turbo%20Project%20-%20Joker%20-%20On%20The%20Docks.mp3

There's my Ken mix. I don't have enough time to upload it anywhere else. So if anyone can help me out & find a way to send this to Mistah Riley I'd be really happy! But it's there.

You might wanna try to send him via AIM (altough Shael has been really busy, and hardly on AIM). If you want I can send Shael the remix as soon as he is on (I have to send him my WIP also) my AIM adress is: Red Tailed Fox (duuuuuh).

About your mix:

The arrengment surpasses the execution. I like the intro idea, altough I think the chosen synths need to be worked to sound less dry, the Intro copuld be way more developed.

The biggest problems are drums here. No, sorry, the biggest problem here is the Hatz and Crashes you chose. They sound very dry, and the dinamics doesn't change at all... These guys need some work on. And I think they are appearing to much. Overall it is going good so far. :)

I can get to Palleteswap again, so no worries. I've got the mix.

Thank you, everyone who submitted a mix before the deadline. We've got some very solid material and we're finally passing the formative stages of the project; that is to say, we have a base pool of talent involved and we've established a feel for what kind of songs the project will contain and how the project will progress towards completion.

What we need now are some finished tracks, which I know a few of you are nearing. I'm very excited at this stage and I'm going to be adding a new color to the tracklist to indicate finished and accecpted arrangements as soon as one is available. So, those of you nearing completion, get to it. :)

Do it for the glory! Do it for the honor! Do it because I asked nicely.

As a few people have dropped out or grown silent, we're going to need some fresh blood to replace them. Please don't hesitate to spread word about this around. It's great to work with up-and-coming "scenesters" and I'm sure some of you have some untapped friends. I'll be contacting some people who took interest initially but then disapeared. Also, I'll be inviting some more established arrangers, who I have contact with, to be involved in the project.

I apologize for my absense on AIM as of late. I'm in the process of begining a new job and working on an album of original music. If you need to contact me, the best ways are via a private message on the OCR forums, or via my email adress: shael.riley@gmail.com.

I'll provide feedback for everyone who made the deadline by the end of Monday.

Thanks again and keep up the punch-in-the-face work.

This project has been moved from GD to WIP:OC because it's over a week old, and as part of the new policy on unofficial project threads, after a week of GD exposure, they move here to be "worked on."

Good luck on your project everyone! :)

I´m happy to see this project on a concept of success so fast. Moved to WIP forum, it´s a idea of the justice. Has some cool songs around here. And the ReMixers are doing that with responsibility.

Thank you: Shael Riley, DarkeSword and to everyone involved on this project!! :)

This project has been moved from GD to WIP:OC because it's over a week old, and as part of the new policy on unofficial project threads, after a week of GD exposure, they move here to be "worked on."

Good luck on your project everyone! :)

I´m happy to see this project on a concept of success so fast. Moved to WIP forum, it´s a idea of the justice. Has some cool songs around here. And the ReMixers are doing that with responsibility.

Thank you: Shael Riley, DarkeSword and to everyone involved on this project!! :)

Hey hey; no need to thank me. I'm not really involved with this project. I just moved a thread. :P

Red Tailed Fox and Myth's new version:

There's a note that hangs a little too long at 2:15 and becomes dissonant; this is a very minor nit-pick. I still love this track.

The arrangements right where it needs to be and I'm very happy about that. Great work, Red Tailed Fox.

Myth's vocals are strong but that stereo panning delay makes the overpower the instrumntal. I'd like you to get rid of that effect. There are also a few places where they're a little too off beat; I appreciate syncopation and there's something to be said for the enjoyable aspects of sloppy vocals, but it seems like there a few places where you just mess up that mar an otherwise tight performance.

I'd like to help you work your vocal tracks over, Myth. If you're using a different-take-for-each-line recording technique, which it sounds like you are, there's a fairly simple, albeit time consuming, way to fix timing errors by doing chopping and beatmatching in Acid Pro. I'll talk to you more about this in a PM. I'm certainly not going to push it on you if you'd prefer to do it "raw."

Can't wait to hear it with the gitz. This is one of our flagship tracks.