Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt - History

Shael Riley

This project has been moved from GD to WIP:OC because it's over a week old, and as part of the new policy on unofficial project threads, after a week of GD exposure, they move here to be "worked on."

Good luck on your project everyone! :)

I´m happy to see this project on a concept of success so fast. Moved to WIP forum, it´s a idea of the justice. Has some cool songs around here. And the ReMixers are doing that with responsibility.

Thank you: Shael Riley, DarkeSword and to everyone involved on this project!! :)

Hey hey; no need to thank me. I'm not really involved with this project. I just moved a thread. :P

Anyway, you´re welcome, moderator. :)

I have a WIP. It's Zangief's ending theme. Enjoy!!

(btw, I just found out about this project a couple days ago from Mr. Riley himself, I work full time, and I got hella sick the other day, and I still managed to pull out a crappy WIP, SO YOU PEOPLE BETTER GET YO STUFF TOGETHA!!) lol

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=4327

I have a WIP. It's Zangief's ending theme. Enjoy!!

(btw, I just found out about this project a couple days ago from Mr. Riley himself, I work full time, and I got hella sick the other day, and I still managed to pull out a crappy WIP, SO YOU PEOPLE BETTER GET YO STUFF TOGETHA!!) lol

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=4327

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! It's a jock jam!

This could only be improved by someone chanting "I like to wrestle bears!"

Recomended.

hey thnx for tha comments can't wait to hear your mix. i've already got a couple more pieces to put together with tha song...i just have to figure out how i want to arrange it. i have an intro that i made the other day so i'm planning on putting tha part you heard at least 30 secs into tha track if not a full minute. i've also got some more instruments that i've added and tha pad was a good suggestion cuz it was one that i added already. i can also hear what you are saying about tha bass and i thank you for bringing that to my attention. will fix accordingly. peace.

did anybody get a chance to listen to my wip? it seems as though paletteswap is down and i don't know why right now. furthermore i wonder if i'm bein hated on cuz no one has acknowledged my presence in this project. what is tha damn deal?

Just got a chance to listen to your WIP. Good stuff. It's my favorite of rave-esque submissions so far. We're getting a good balance of hip-hop and trance/breakbeat style electronica: both urban genres.

Hopefully we'll get some hard rock in here soon.

This is not an invite to try hard rock with synth guitars. :wink:

Well, i'm almost finished my WIP for another project, so hopefully i'll be able to start working on a WIP this week :D Oh, BTW, Shael, could you list it as a collab between Dimmignatt and I:- we've decided to collab on the track for Ryu's stage. His guitar skills are awesome. Might have some Techno/Rock WIP up by the end of the week maybe, if not early next.

can't wait to start on it- i got a few ideas already :D

This is a link to the WIP for my version of the title music. Of course it's incomplete and very dirty but tell me what you think anyway.

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=60282

Thanks in advance. :)

OK. Heard your remix and was initially very pleased with your subtle expansion and re-interpretation of an amazingly under-played theme in the scene which has always been one of my favorite. You do a good job of expounding on the short but sweet melody and give us some much-needed rock representation, preserving and intensifying the original mood of the piece in a way that could make this track a candidate to lead off our album with atmosphere and style,

BUT

--and this is a big but--

You have some very serious production issues. As it stands, I wouldn't include this in the finished product. Your drums are plastic-sounding and not-at-all compressed. The brass synth you're using is dry as Protricity's grandmother and sounds terrible. Everything in the mix is pulled towards the middle frequencies. You need a serious upgrade of your production values.

Unfortunately, this is my week area as an arranger/composer and I can't offer very much in the way of constructive suggestion, except for this:

Consider making this into a collaboration with someone who's an accomplished producer and/or guitarist, someone who can help you choose a better sonic pallette to really do justice to your solid arrangement.

We have a slight problem.

James and Jivemaster have both remixed the same song, seemingly unbeknownst to them, as James credits his source tune as the original Street Fighter 2 title theme (correctly) and Jivemaster credits his as the Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo title screen (which actually has different music). They're both very strong mixes and I'm not going to cut either of them. I've decided that since the source tune is, essentially, the main theme from the game, having one arrangement of it to open the album up and another to close it, so long as they are signifigantly differentiated from each other, would not be a bad thing, but we will need someone to do the Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo title screen theme, a track which is not in the Zophar SPC.

Does anyone know where we could get an accurate version of the original Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo title screen theme for use as a source tune?