Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt - History

Shael Riley

We have a slight problem.

James and Jivemaster have both remixed the same song, seemingly unbeknownst to them, as James credits his source tune as the original Street Fighter 2 title theme (correctly) and Jivemaster credits his as the Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo title screen (which actually has different music). They're both very strong mixes and I'm not going to cut either of them. I've decided that since the source tune is, essentially, the main theme from the game, having one arrangement of it to open the album up and another to close it, so long as they are signifigantly differentiated from each other, would not be a bad thing, but we will need someone to do the Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo title screen theme, a track which is not in the Zophar SPC.

Does anyone know where we could get an accurate version of the original Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo title screen theme for use as a source tune?

Hi,

I'm a new guy here. I've been watching this thread since the beginning (and actually, the main reason I joined the forums is so I could keep up with it). This is a very cool project, thank you for starting it.

Anyway, I have an mp3 of the SSF2T opening theme (ripped from the Street Fighter Collection). I also have Akuma's theme, if you need that.

As for having two remixes of the same song, you could technically call one the original SF2 theme, and the other SSF2T character select theme (since it's a remix of the SF2 theme), if you wanted... just a thought...

We have a slight problem.

James and Jivemaster have both remixed the same song, seemingly unbeknownst to them, as James credits his source tune as the original Street Fighter 2 title theme (correctly) and Jivemaster credits his as the Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo title screen (which actually has different music). They're both very strong mixes and I'm not going to cut either of them. I've decided that since the source tune is, essentially, the main theme from the game, having one arrangement of it to open the album up and another to close it, so long as they are signifigantly differentiated from each other, would not be a bad thing, but we will need someone to do the Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo title screen theme, a track which is not in the Zophar SPC.

Does anyone know where we could get an accurate version of the original Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo title screen theme for use as a source tune?

Hi,

I'm a new guy here. I've been watching this thread since the beginning (and actually, the main reason I joined the forums is so I could keep up with it). This is a very cool project, thank you for starting it.

Anyway, I have an mp3 of the SSF2T opening theme (ripped from the Street Fighter Collection). I also have Akuma's theme, if you need that.

As for having two remixes of the same song, you could technically call one the original SF2 theme, and the other SSF2T character select theme (since it's a remix of the SF2 theme), if you wanted... just a thought...

Hah! I like the cut of your glib.

While calling the two themes by different names would be technically correct, it's precident to credit a song, when arranged, by it's original title, at least in the VG arrangement community. But really, I'm pretty pleased with the idea of putting one at the begining and one at the end of the album to wrap up the package.

Anyway, thanks for your interest and offer. If you could host the songs or email or AIM them to me so I could host them, that would help everyone involved.

29. Ken's Ending (part 2)
Forgive me if this has been brought up already. I've read the whole thread but it's been a while... anyway, may I recommend omitting this track? It's basically the wedding theme dealie we've all heard a million times, and sticking with OCR standards, it wasn't made popular by this game (or any game).

Also, I'm having no luck with my mix after the first 1:20, but I'm still trying... hard to force inspiration :(

Bye!

29. Ken's Ending (part 2)
Forgive me if this has been brought up already. I've read the whole thread but it's been a while... anyway, may I recommend omitting this track? It's basically the wedding theme dealie we've all heard a million times, and sticking with OCR standards, it wasn't made popular by this game (or any game).

Also, I'm having no luck with my mix after the first 1:20, but I'm still trying... hard to force inspiration :(

Bye!

An astute observation, Tasty. However, in the interest of vermisilitude, I intend to keep Ken's Ending Part 2 (The Wedding March from Marriage of Figaro) on our tracklist. In fact, I aim to get a "famous" remixer to do it, as a conceptual joke. Besides, that very same standard is violated by DJ P's own Sailormoon Ravebody, undeniabley one of the best and gayest songs in the archive.

And don't worry about it if you're having a hard time with your track. If you're not feeling it, don't force it. Either give it a rest and come back to it when you're feeling some inspiration or, if you suspect no amount of inspiration you're likely to run into in the near future will be sufficient to take the track where you want it to go, don't feel bad about abandonning it. Just let us know as soon as you decide, if that is, indeed, the case.

You can always try your hand at one of the twenty-plus remaining songs. Blanka's theme is a pretty hot track so I'm sure someone would snatch it up right quick if you did decide to switch songs.

• 2 weeks later...

To me, SF2's music is pretty much THE definitive video game soundtrack, so naturally, this project is making me very excited. I've listened to some of the WIPs (although at ridiculously low volume as to not getting scolded at by my parents for waking them up in the middle of the night), and this stuff sounds really promising. I really wish I could contribute, but considering I have pretty much no experience remixing or recording music, that's pretty much impossible. I have actually been feeling like getting started on this whole "remixing video game music" thing for a while now, but I think it's fairly obvious this isn't the best venue for first, trembling footsteps... even though it's very likely my first remix, should I ever actually get around to it, might be from SF2. The only thing I realistically could contribute with would be vocals... but then I don't think I really have any decent recording equipment, so, um, that's not really likely to happen either. But I digress. Anyway, best of luck to anyone and everyone involved in this project, and I'm very much looking forward to hearing the results. :)

Which begs the question. What is the status of the project? Is it dead... or... just lacking updates.

Quoted for emphasis. What really happened here? I basically saw a lot of frustrations of the people. If someone really want to help the project, please, do a favor: don´t show your problem as a prize. The community of the project, need to establish a collaboration between themselves. It really need more cooperation. Search your vocation around the project. Don´t be lazy, go to the ReMixing Forum to learn more. Put your song on WIP Forum and read the feedback of the folks. Be friendly. Contact people to help you, and practise your autonomy. Bah...you all have more better english than myself and don´t want to be great? I can´t believe. This is serious. Can some of you guys get some autonomy? Here are some exceptions, but not enough to put the project up. Be great, community!! Can we?

Unfortunately I've missed about 14 pages of this project, but I'm keen as hell to be a part of it! Lemme know whenever you need someone who can either play classical guitar, or shred electric with a vengeance!

I can do both, in case you haven't noticed. Hell, just wait, I'll eventually upload something that will rock your socks. Literally.

Which begs the question. What is the status of the project? Is it dead... or... just lacking updates.

The project certainly isn't dead. It is, rather, as you put it, simopley lacking updates, and that shouldn't be seen as an indication that the project is going through some difficulty. On the contrary, things have actually been going along very smoothly. I'm working with Rama to setup a web page for the project, to be unveiled when we have a good amount of finished material to showcase and I've been in quiet and private but persistant contact with everyone working on an arrangement to submit to us.

So you can see why I haven't updated; there simpley isn't anything I have to say about the project in its public forum at this juncture.

I'll reiterate that we are still looking for artists and that any interested artists should still read the instructions in the first post and follow them if they would like to submit a piece.

I will, of course, post again if there are any major developments, posted questions for me to answer or concerns to adress, and I will be keeping the tracklist updated periodically.

Other than that, all I really have to say about the project is that I'm still pleased with the response its received and I expect it to be finished some time in the next six months.

Thanks for following it so far.

Unfortunately I've missed about 14 pages of this project, but I'm keen as hell to be a part of it! Lemme know whenever you need someone who can either play classical guitar, or shred electric with a vengeance!

I can do both, in case you haven't noticed. Hell, just wait, I'll eventually upload something that will rock your socks. Literally.

You're more than welcome to submit something. We haven't yet had any representation of hard rock in our bevy of urban genres, so I might suggest you make an attempt at shredding.

To me, SF2's music is pretty much THE definitive video game soundtrack, so naturally, this project is making me very excited. I've listened to some of the WIPs (although at ridiculously low volume as to not getting scolded at by my parents for waking them up in the middle of the night), and this stuff sounds really promising. I really wish I could contribute, but considering I have pretty much no experience remixing or recording music, that's pretty much impossible. I have actually been feeling like getting started on this whole "remixing video game music" thing for a while now, but I think it's fairly obvious this isn't the best venue for first, trembling footsteps... even though it's very likely my first remix, should I ever actually get around to it, might be from SF2. The only thing I realistically could contribute with would be vocals... but then I don't think I really have any decent recording equipment, so, um, that's not really likely to happen either. But I digress. Anyway, best of luck to anyone and everyone involved in this project, and I'm very much looking forward to hearing the results. :)

I see you have something in your sig about a Street Fighter pallete database. Would you be interesting in contributing some graphics or design to our project website when it launches?

I see you have something in your sig about a Street Fighter pallete database. Would you be interesting in contributing some graphics or design to our project website when it launches?

Yeah, I guess. I don't want to make any promises, but consider me interested. Hit me up with some details and I'll see what I can do.

Hm. So my turntables are fried, my mixer's crapped out, and my keyboard has no electrical input at all.

>.>

This is just wonderful.

However, my mic still works - anyone up for a collaboration on Balrog's theme for the project? I have a rough outline for vocals in mind, if anyone wants to do the instrumentation.

Hm. So my turntables are fried, my mixer's crapped out, and my keyboard has no electrical input at all.

>.>

This is just wonderful.

However, my mic still works - anyone up for a collaboration on Balrog's theme for the project? I have a rough outline for vocals in mind, if anyone wants to do the instrumentation.

What kind of music do you intend to make?