Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt - History

Shael Riley

Despite many abandoning your project, there is a glimmer of hope.

Shael, I return!

And I finally got around to finishing my "Title Theme". This time around I used fight sounds to make the sound effects seem less out of place, like you said.

Also there is no more clicking whatsoever and it's been touched up a bit.

Tell me what you think, it's not FINAL but it's pretty close.

Look for "Street Fighter Title Screen"

Hope it is almost ready. :)

Shael, I return!

And I finally got around to finishing my "Title Theme". This time around I used fight sounds to make the sound effects seem less out of place, like you said.

I like it...alot. That's some nice stuff.

Heh. Finally got a few hours free.

I was listening to the Ryu's ending the other day and, to me, it was just crying out for some lyrics, so I scribbled some down.

Five minutes ago, I noticed there's already a song submitted for it -_-. Oh well.

I'm going to record some violin for vega's ending, vocals for ryu's ending and for balrog's stage in the next five minutes.

They're all gonna be one-shots, though, so don't expect too much :/

Trying to go for a Sinatra kind of vocal sound for Ryu's Ending. Didn't come out quite right, as my usual vocal style is screaming =/.

Did a little diddle on violin to give an idea of my sound if anyone wants some real violin work done on

Vega's Ending. Yes. I know it's slightly flat, but .. :/. Oneshot.

Oneshot.

Oneshot.

Um.. Balrog's Theme. I can NOT translate this into English without sounding outrageously corny :/.

Not that it's not corny in Japanese, but.. less so. :/

Anyways. Standard's not exactly professional on these because I just ripped them out one after another. But.. if anyone wants to collab with me on a song, get in touch :P.

Cheers.

I'm moving this project back to General Discussion for 1 week so that it can get some more exposure. Shael really needs remixers guys; it'd be great if anyone can help him out.

Alrighty! The week is done, so I'll be moving this thread back to WIP. If you're a mixer on this project, please help Shael with finding remixers, and if you're able to, try and take more than one track.

Good luck everyone.

After a long period of months, I´m sure my song is finished (Oh my God! I did exactly five minutes X_X). I only need your opinion, Shael Riley, and a feedback of a certain guy to finally polish my song. Here´s the link:

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=4219

Happy to see more gentlemen involved here, sir.

Excellent work, Txai. This is a great asset to the project. Though largely a cinematic/orchestral piece, you've added just a touch of trance elements with some of the ethnic drum loops you use.

While I'm still looking for music that sticks more closely to the listed genres and is more clearly urban in character, the overall quality of this piece makes me proud to have it in the project as something of a deviation from its bulk, just like the Vurez's T-Hawk submission.

The rest of you, though, you make sure your music is urban, damnit. :P

Shael, I return!

Nice work. :)

Very true to the original. I think I'll have your track close out the album, with Jivemaster's opening it up.

Shael, I return!

Very true to the original. I think I'll have your track close out the album, with Jivemaster's opening it up.

That's fine Shael, it would be an honour to be the ending title on the album and I'm happy I finally got it up to scratch.

Remember I was using crappy headphones so the mastering might not be too hot, is there anything at all you want me to tidy up or suggest? Or do you have plans for someone in particular to do the final mastering to all the tracks?

Anyway, glad to be part of the team and we are at least one step closer to completion. :)

Shael, I return!

That's fine Shael, it would be an honour to be the ending title on the album and I'm happy I finally got it up to scratch.

Remember I was using crappy headphones so the mastering might not be too hot, is there anything at all you want me to tidy up or suggest? Or do you have plans for someone in particular to do the final mastering to all the tracks?

Anyway, glad to be part of the team and we are at least one step closer to completion. :)

Glad to have you.

If you know how, make sure it meets industry standard volume levels (I don't), and if you don't, just make sure it sounds about as loud as most OC ReMixes. Work on the ending. The goofy "Street Fighter 2" voice sample cuts off rather abruptly. If possibley, I'd like to have one person to final volume correction and mastering for every song in the project, to give it a more cohesive feel, but this is not something within the scope of my personal ability and I do not anticipate finding someone with the inclination, equiptment and knowledge to embark on such an ambition project without monetary compensation, so the current plan is to just have every remixer master his own submission while I keep an ear out for anything that sounds "funny."

After a long period of months, I´m sure my song is finished (Oh my God! I did exactly five minutes X_X). I only need your opinion, Shael Riley, and a feedback of a certain guy to finally polish my song. Here´s the link:

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=4219

Happy to see more gentlemen involved here, sir.

Excellent work, Txai. This is a great asset to the project. Though largely a cinematic/orchestral piece, you've added just a touch of trance elements with some of the ethnic drum loops you use.

Haha...I haven´t used drum loops on there. You can see the panning effect on the supposed "drum loops". Also, I think the arrangement has more than I expected. By the way, did you listened the original track?