Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt - History

Shael Riley

After a long period of months, I´m sure my song is finished (Oh my God! I did exactly five minutes X_X). I only need your opinion, Shael Riley, and a feedback of a certain guy to finally polish my song. Here´s the link:

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=4219

Happy to see more gentlemen involved here, sir.

Excellent work, Txai. This is a great asset to the project. Though largely a cinematic/orchestral piece, you've added just a touch of trance elements with some of the ethnic drum loops you use.

Haha...I haven´t used drum loops on there. You can see the panning effect on the supposed "drum loops". Also, I think the arrangement has more than I expected. By the way, did you listened the original track?

Good compression on your drums. I was fooled.

Yes, I've heard the original track. I liked it so much, in fact, that I had someone remix it for a project I'm doing.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm no professional, but I'd do the mixing and volume stuff, if necessary.
]

Do you have some experience? Could you provide some examples?

Aetherius have some mixes here. He was one of the mixers of the Kong in Concert Project.

Listen to three songs of him:

1.Chrono Trigger - To Far Away Timescapes.

2.Donkey Kong Country - Clouded Mind and Ringing Ears.

3.Zelda 64 Ocarina of Time - Memories of Saria.

OK.

I PMed Myth about getting his vocal track to me by next weekend.

DJ Sammy is going to do a little fading and scratching on this already tight collab and then, Aetherius, I'm happy to have you do the post-production and final mix and as many other songs as you'd be willing too. If you could just master each final track so that it has the same relative volume as each other one, that would add an element of profesional polish to our project I hadn't expected we'd be able to attain. Awesome.

Remember, everyone, your WIP deadlines are coming up very soon, next week for the bulk of you. Post links in thread or email them to me at shael.riley@gmail.com if you don't have webspace and don't want to use a song hosting service.

I just had a badass idea regarding the finished album:

What if, after Aethurius post-produced, volume managed and mastered all the tracks, he sent them to DJ Sammy, who would order them and make them fade into one another for the finished album, in the manner of a classic DJ mix tape? How much more urban can we get? Shieet!

Thoughts?

I was gonna say I don't want my track to fade out.......but then I remembered I'd be at the end of the album anyway. ;)

So yeah, if everyone else thinks it's cool then I think it'd be a good idea.

I'd be leaving the ordering up to Sammy and he'd either fade, transform or scratch a song depending on what sounds best for its begining and ending. If you don't want any of those functions performed on the begining or end of your song, we can leave yours at the end.

Well all I want to make sure is that the ending is pretty abrupt. This is the title music so when you hit the title screen the music should stop. So my appeal is solely for the purpose of keeping it authentic.

However I do realise this album is required to have urban influences so if he could scratch or transform the ending that'd be cool too. :)

Personally, I still have no idea how I'm gonna order it. I'm prolly just gonna do the order like it is on the first page, to make everything easier... but I dunno, I haven't heard the tracks yet.

If you aren't gonna order them based on the rhythmic and melodic similarities of intros and outros, I'll give you a a list and it won't be similar to the one of the front page. ;)

Also, DamienKraus just sent me his WIP and, holy fuck, it's like I'm listening to Aphex Twin. You're gonna love it or hate it. I dig it. Check it out.

And this just in: AE of Wave Theory is doing M. Bison.

SWEEEEEET!

What would you guys think of this as the back cover for the album, with the tracklist superimposed over it?

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/078/6/b/This_is____by_DirectorFlik.jpg

Don't like it personally. Boring and inappropriately artsy. Pretty good by itself, but what's it gotta do with urban (and other) remixes of music from a game featuring people in costumes beating each other?

SWEEEEEET!

What would you guys think of this as the back cover for the album, with the tracklist superimposed over it?

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/078/6/b/This_is____by_DirectorFlik.jpg

Don't like it personally. Boring and inappropriately artsy. Pretty good by itself, but what's it gotta do with urban (and other) remixes of music from a game featuring people in costumes beating each other?

I think it captures the gloom and glow of urban architecture very well. It's got an honesty about it, just like people in costume beating each other.

Seriously though, it's got the pavement; it's got the fist; it's got the blue glow of a super-late-night/super-early-morning construction site looking place. I think a fight could go down there and there's a tension that hangs in the air.

Or Maybe I'm just a big fag for Chris's photographs.

*shrug*

Anyone else have thoughts?

Update - September 12th, 2005

I'm delegating some administrative positions to help me manage this massive project:

Shael Riley: Project Director. That's me.

Aethurius: Production Manager. He makes sure all the songs are consistent in root square volume and overall production quality. He is also responsible for re-dividing each cut in DJ Sammy G's continuos mix into individual mp3s that can be played as one uninterupted club mix or selected individually as stand-alone tracks. He is the last person to touch the project before its public release.

DJ Sammy G: Tracklist Coordinator. He fades, scratches or transforms the transitions between each track on the album and determines the order of tracks on the album, as though he were performing a real club set.

Chris "Flik" Serani: Art Director: He's chooses what's goses on the album cover and insert.

We are immensely important, rivaling the clout of even the Judges' Panal.

Oh, Shael. :lol:

I'm amazed this project hasn't garnered more attention, but it seems to be growing ever so slowly. Looks good so far, guys!

Update - September 12th, 2005

I'm delegating some administrative positions to help me manage this massive project:

Shael Riley: Project Director. That's me.

Aethurius: Production Manager. He makes sure all the songs are consistent in root square volume and overall production quality. He is also responsible for re-dividing each cut in DJ Sammy G's continuos mix into individual mp3s that can be played as one uninterupted club mix or selected individually as stand-alone tracks. He is the last person to touch the project before its public release.

DJ Sammy G: Tracklist Coordinator. He fades, scratches or transforms the transitions between each track on the album and determines the order of tracks on the album, as though he were performing a real club set.

Chris "Flik" Serani: Art Director: He's chooses what's goses on the album cover and insert.

We are immensely important, rivaling the clout of even the Judges' Panal.

Oh, Shael. :lol:

I'm amazed this project hasn't garnered more attention, but it seems to be growing ever so slowly. Looks good so far, guys!

Thank you. I'm not sure exactly how projects are supposed to garner attention. Maybe you can give us some suggestions? There may be room for a publicity manager amongst our massively priveledged ranks.

Ok my one minute (kinda) Beta thingy is done. It's only the intro though, so it only slightly hints at what I'm going to go for. I'm gonna definitely do a kind of electronica mixed with strings and hard beats thing. Some feedback would be kool too lol

www.malcos.co.uk/Balrog_Malcos_Beta.mp3

I am very very impressed by this wip! I mean, I don't like Balrog, in fact, I don't think he deserves such good music hahaha =). Excellent stuff, urban, sexy, and it got that "Las Vegas thing" going on.

My two cents are:

- The pizzicato is not that clear, maybe try and clean it a little bit.

- Drums rock.

- This is the intro so I supose this is not necessary but some energy would be awesome.

So far it's very very good!

Ok my one minute (kinda) Beta thingy is done. It's only the intro though, so it only slightly hints at what I'm going to go for. I'm gonna definitely do a kind of electronica mixed with strings and hard beats thing. Some feedback would be kool too lol

www.malcos.co.uk/Balrog_Malcos_Beta.mp3

Hot shit! At first I thought it was gonna be a Balrog-does-a-rap-video thing and then it turned slightly progressive and clever. You have stolen my heart. <3

I agree with Mr. Fox, however, on the pizzicatos. I'd go so far as to say I'd like you to try a different patch altogether there, maybe something more electronic.

Holy crap. I just noticed I was off Ken. Which is good, as it saves me from actually contacting you about me dropping ken. I just came to a block on th song & couldn't figure anything out. I'm sure sixto will do it more justice than me.

Also, I made a demo of a song I started doing for fun, but came out soudning pretty good. It's a remix of Sagat's stage theme. Though my webspace is on the fritz. I'll upload & let you hear it asap. It's kinda trip hop like.