Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt - History

Shael Riley

Dear Shael,

I know I've been really lazy getting my WIP to you and I still think I can make the 1-minute deadline by tommorow but I wanted to show you what I have now so you don't kick me off the project.

-S

Hi, Score.

Hahahahahahah!

I didn't know it was possible to get such small track on the OST and make a Remix of it, and a good one at that! Nice job mr.Director! I don't know how much you can develop this, but it sounds quite nice, it could sound amazing in the continuous club set of the CD!

Vega WIP. Imagine this with drums (I have the use of real congas, timbales, etc.) and a mic that doesn't suck (got the SM57, but I found out I need a good preamp, because the guitar processor isn't cutting it). So, this sounds like crap so far and only serves to give you an idea of the notes and rhythms I want to do, but enough excuses:

http://www.neutronstar.org/music/vega-wip.mp3

-steve

Vega WIP. Imagine this with drums (I have the use of real congas, timbales, etc.) and a mic that doesn't suck (got the SM57, but I found out I need a good preamp, because the guitar processor isn't cutting it). So, this sounds like crap so far and only serves to give you an idea of the notes and rhythms I want to do, but enough excuses:

-steve

The best thing to do if your recording with a mic is after you've recorded a track, go and "filter" the hiss in the background. Makes it sound much more clear. :)

The best thing to do if your recording with a mic is after you've recorded a track, go and "filter" the hiss in the background. Makes it sound much more clear. :)

There's actually no hiss, because this was recorded using an acoustic contact mic. :P

The reason it's cluttered is because I didn't bother to EQ the 4 identical guitars to take up different parts of the freq range. Didn't see much point until I get the good mic working with the rest of my gear....

-steve

-steve

That is some fucking sweet riffage, but did you read our genre guidelines at all? I don't think we can use this. :(

Also, r3s is doing Vega's stage. Not sure how you got here.

That is some fucking sweet riffage, but did you read our genre guidelines at all? I don't think we can use this. :(

I read them. You said you wanted more rock remixes to go with the rest...this *will* be rock when everything's in place. Wait for the drums. :P

Who? The slot was empty when I posted that I would do it on 8/12.

Edit: I see what you mean about it not being the right style the way it is now. Do you want me to throw you another WIP with the drums I have in mind, or should I work on it as a solo submission to OCR?

-steve

I read them. You said you wanted more rock remixes to go with the rest...this *will* be rock when everything's in place. Wait for the drums. :P

Edit: I see what you mean about it not being the right style the way it is now. Do you want me to throw you another WIP with the drums I have in mind, or should I work on it as a solo submission to OCR?

-steve

If you said you would do it on 8/12 I must've forgotten to put your name down. Sorry about that. I fucked up. :(

Still, I don't think that WIP will work for the project unless its drums are funky brekbeat, vinylized loops and its bass it cut and spliced from another song by a proper DJ.

Do you want take a shot at another track?

just for the record, if you're submitting something to me for mastering...Make sure that the tracks don't clip BEFORE you give them to me. There's not a lot I can do about clipping to a second-hand file. So, if your drums max out, and clip like Edward Scissorhands on speed, redo them at a lower velocity. I'll make sure they're loud enough.

-steve

If you said you would do it on 8/12 I must've forgotten to put your name down. Sorry about that. I fucked up. :(

Still, I don't think that WIP will work for the project unless its drums are funky brekbeat, vinylized loops and its bass it cut and spliced from another song by a proper DJ.

Do you want take a shot at another track?

You can try Vegas Ending! :wink:

Can someone rip or point us to a good rip of all the vocal samples from the Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo arcade rom for DJ Sammy G to use as transitional scratches, etc...?

Also, I did some more with my High Score remix. Please provide feedback for your beloved director. <3

Hi, Score!

The name of the mix is "Hi, Score!" which is, of course, not to be confused with the name of the original, which is High Score.

I'd be happy to take E. Honda instead of Vega to clear things up. I didn't realize someone else called for it initially.

Granted, if stylistically the current Vega WIP won't cut it... *shrug* perhaps it could be adapted? In any event, put me down for E. Honda instead and we'll just clear this whole thing up. I think I'll have better luck with that theme anyway :)

I'd be happy to take E. Honda instead of Vega to clear things up. I didn't realize someone else called for it initially.

Granted, if stylistically the current Vega WIP won't cut it... *shrug* perhaps it could be adapted? In any event, put me down for E. Honda instead and we'll just clear this whole thing up. I think I'll have better luck with that theme anyway :)

I can put your down for E. Honda but Legion's mix still won't meet our genre guidelines.

I'll have mine finished pretty soon. In a couple of days, maybe. Need to replace the drums and rerecord all of the guitars.

Awesome.

Maybe, if you're up for it, we can work something out where you provide DJ Sammy G with seperate tracks for your drums, bass, rhythm and lead guitar and he does a remix in the traditional sense, adding some breaks and sexy vinyl loops to create a hip-hop/rock mix.

This, of course, wouldn't replace your finished, fantastic rock mix. It'd just be something cool to hear and experiment with. We could then decide which version better fits our project's goals.

Looking forward to hearing your finished version.

I can put your down for E. Honda but Legion's mix still won't meet our genre guidelines.

I'll roll with E. Honda for now and if he (or anyone else) cannot produce a track for Vega that falls within genre guidelines, I'll resume my attempt when the time comes. Much obliged. :)

The only way to settle this mess is for me to take Vega myself, and employ the vocal talents of one Joe Cammisa to put together a vocal arrangement in the style of Nine Inch Nails, tentatively entittled "Beautiful."