Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt - History

Shael Riley

• 2 weeks later...

I've been messing around with Akuma's theme for a little while now, but nothing so far has hit the kind of energy level I'm looking for.

Hey Shael, is that you singing? Pretty good! :) Yeah it is bloody hard to get the volume levels right in vocal songs for some reason!

I would say turn the drums up just a bit and the vocals down so they blend with the rest of the tune.

I'll let you know how I'm going with the Akuma theme.

I've been messing around with Akuma's theme for a little while now, but nothing so far has hit the kind of energy level I'm looking for.

I'd like to hear what you've done so far. I've done an orchestral version of Akuma's theme (not really suitable for this collaboration) but it's one of about three Akuma remixes in existence, your's included.

I'm currently working on a new nastier version that might be better suited. I'll get a WIP up sometime before Christmas hopefully.

I got a new WIP from Hella Tite. That boy needs therapy.

Ranagazoo, let's have at you,

And when I count three...

:lol:

I promised my girlfriend I'd...

the violin!

The Avalanches aside, just posting to let anyone who may have been wondering know that the project is still progressing, slowly but surely, the front page is still (largely) accurate, and there's still room for more remixers. Inquire within.

Nah, this just isn't going to work! I'm glad other people are working on this theme, cause my efforts so far are just under par. I'll look at the themes that haven't been covered yet, and when I come up with something decent, then I'll post up a WIP of it, instead of wasting everyone's time by doing something like this again.

Akuma's theme is a nightmare to get right. I'm not really a musician in the traditional sense. I know very little musical terminology, I can't play a single instrument, I can't read sheet music (very well), I don't use the best software or equipment and I suck at inventing melodies. But I'm reasonably good at at hearing a melody and being able to re-compose it in my sequencer. For weeks I tried to play by ear and pick out the chords and melodies for Akuma's theme. In the end I had to find a midi and take my cues from there. What I found suprised me, but that's music for you.

Shael, I've emailed you my latest effort. I'm sick to death of trying to find a damn host.