Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt - History

Shael Riley

Don't keep your mixes public. Do not host the songs in public websites and never post it in this thread. If you make it, then the future release will be not a surprise at all. Because anyone could listen to the wips before or whatever. Just send it to the creator of this project and himself will give the feedback necessary.

This is an advice. Strongly recommended. So yeah.

I cannot believe my song is still in that mirror.

Yeah. I'm lazy about that. The mirror isn't intended to reprsent the project in any semblance of completion; it's just a log of music has been submitted, updated or out of date, excepted or rejected. It doesn't contain nearly all of the songs I have received as submissions either.

Anyway, I think the feedback project members get from posting their songs in this thread is more valuable than the surprise of keeping the songs secret from listeners until their release. It's not a big secret; it's not a big deal. The final product will be an organic one.

So keep posting your songs here.

And, Sammy, you have "finished" that track, like, six times. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Don't keep your mixes public. Do not host the songs in public websites and never post it in this thread. If you make it, then the future release will be not a surprise at all. Because anyone could listen to the wips before or whatever. Just send it to the creator of this project and himself will give the feedback necessary.

Well if they want it to be a surprise, they have the choice of not listening, and waiting.

I kind of did a Dhalsim thing a few mins ago, it's very very early stage though:

www.malcos.co.uk/Dhalsim.mp3

I'm unsure as to whether to include the (annoying imo) key change. I think the key change was just to add some variation, otherwise it would just be a constant loop. I may really have to put a lot of originality into this, sounds quite bland at the moment.

Well if they want it to be a surprise, they have the choice of not listening, and waiting.

I kind of did a Dhalsim thing a few mins ago, it's very very early stage though:

I'm unsure as to whether to include the (annoying imo) key change. I think the key change was just to add some variation, otherwise it would just be a constant loop. I may really have to put a lot of originality into this, sounds quite bland at the moment.

This is actually pretty impressive for a small WIP man! The beat here is TIGHT! TIGHT! TIGHT!

However, I recomend you adding more instruments to keep the song fresh. Fat bassline comes to mind right now.

Delicious, really.

I like this. It got that urban bangra thing going. I think you ought to expand on that.

As of Monday, March 13th 2006, we have:

Blind vs. Leifo - Sagat (Finished)

Akumajobelmonot and Braincells - Ryu (WIP)

Malcos - Balrong (Finished)

Malcos - Dhalsim (WIP)

Red Tailed Fox - Chun Li (WIP)

Myth Naz - Cammmy's Ending (WIP)

SOMEONE WHO DID NOT CREDIT THEMSELVES IN THEIR FILENAME AND IS NOT LISTED OUR PROJECT TRACKLIST - Zangief (WIP) (Entitled (Communist Jungle)

Damien Kraus - Ending Credits

SOMEONE WHO DID NOT CREDIT THEMSELVES IN THEIR FILENAME AND IS NOT LISTED OUR PROJECT TRACKLIST - E. Honda (WIP)

Zircon - Fei Long (WIP)

Aeuthurius - Guile's Ending (WIP)

Shael Riley and Richter - Guile's Ending (Finished)

Trenthian - Guile (WIP)

Jivemaster - Title Screen (WIP)

DJ Sammy G - Sound FX Mix (Finished)

Shael Riley - High Score (Finished)

Rob Bishop - Akuma (Finished)

Richter - Blanka (WIP)

Jose the Bronx Rican - Vega/Vega's Ending (WIP)

Sixto Sounds - Ken (WIP)

Vurez - T. Hawk

Jose the Bronx Rican - Dee Jay (WIP)

Hella-tite MC Fukkaslut - Tournament Mode Begins (WIP)

Dan Baronowsky - Ryu's Ending

That's it. If you have a WIP and it isn't on this list, it isn't on my hard drive, and you need to get it to me pronto. All other tracks, except for M. Bison, are hereby opened up again.

What you need to to do:

1) Finish your WIP. Final tracks are due April 25th. This project ends in May, whether that means a full or partial release.

2) Bug AE (AKA A. Rival). He promised me he would do M. Bison for us well over six months ago without yet having produced a WIP and he's my all-time favorite remixer, ever. Ever. His Band's MySpace is ; let's all leave "encouraging" comments.

Of note:

Malcos joins me as project co-director. I'm excited about wrapping this up and I trust his judgement implicitly. With Malcos's help, I think getting solid representation for at least all of the stage themes and all of the endings is a reasonable goal. With that in mind, I'm giving him just as much control of the project as he's comfortable with taking; whatever he says goes. In the case of a disagreement, we'll fight to the death.

sweet. A deadline. I can be productive again!

p.s. I'm in that list twice...but one of them's spelled wrong.

I deleted the one that was spelled correctly, to spite you.

Me and Kung Fu Chicken have burried the hatchet. He's going to be taking Character Select, an iconic track, nearly as recognizable as the stage themes. I'm a little scared because Kung Fu Chicken is pretty much totally fucking crazy, but hopefully he'll channel that into some truely inspired sequencing, shredding and/or rhymes.

Welcome aboard, bro. :D

We got Damien Kraus on for Bonus Stage. I'm a big fan on his Ending Credits arrangement, although I know a few of you don't dig it. The style he gravitates towards is extremely well suited for certain tracks and comepletely inapropriate for others, and I think we've made the right choice putting him on Bonus Stage; he's gonna tear it up.

Wow. The person who deleted my last post in this thread want my death. I've only proposed my opinion.

So yeah Shael. When I picked that track, almost one year ago, I was really glad for making it. I still love my Chun-li ending 3 "mix". This was one of the best songs I have ever done. And Chinese Dreams gained a "Stuffs of Legend" at vgmix 2.

So can I return to work on a track plz? I'll promise making some more urban genre. I am a little busy in other projects around. But if you give me a good deadline i can make it with pleasure.

Is Zangief Stage available?

Wow. The person who deleted my last post in this thread want my death. I've only proposed my opinion.

So yeah Shael. When I picked that track, almost one year ago, I was really glad for making it. I still love my Chun-li ending 3 "mix". This was one of the best songs I have ever done. And Chinese Dreams gained a "Stuffs of Legend" at vgmix 2.

So can I return to work on a track plz? I'll promise making some more urban genre. I am a little busy in other projects around. But if you give me a good deadline i can make it with pleasure.

I am going on the oposite direction.

I am dropping Chun-Li.

Reason: I am not satisfied with my WIP and really don't want to keep working on it.

My apologies to Shael, I will be following the progress of the project closely and cheering for everyone.

I am going on the oposite direction.

I am dropping Chun-Li.

Reason: I am not satisfied with my WIP and really don't want to keep working on it.

My apologies to Shael, I will be following the progress of the project closely and cheering for everyone.

:( I thought it sounded good man. But I know how it feels when you're not happy with something, even if other people think it's good.

Don't forget you said you were gonna do Balrog's ending with me, so you're not out of this yet! :D

AFAIK, someone has done a WIP of Zangeif's stage, but you can also do one, Shael will decide which version is more suitable. It seems that Chun-Li's stage has just fully opened up.

Ok here is a quick list of the songs that are still fully open ie. no wips or anything afaik:

E.Honda Stage

E.Honda Ending

Blanka Ending

Ken Ending - lol this will be near enough an urban remix of the wedding theme.

Chunli Stage

Chunli Ending

Zangeif Ending

Sagat Ending

T.Hawk Ending

Fei-long Ending

DeeJay Ending

M.Bison Ending

Leave Dhalsim's and Balrog's endings to me.

I think that if those who are doing a character's stage feel that they can also mix their character's ending theme then that would be a good thing.