Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt - History

Shael Riley

My track is done.

What I can say about this track is true about virtually all of the tracks I have recieved - a proper tribute to it's source. This album is gonna kick ass. :D

Aetherius*Sighs* as I suspected, shael's version gets centre stage.

Weeeeellll...he is the project leader.

19 tracks so far. Check page 37 to see the ones I haven't recieved yet. Tmmrw is...the...deadline! 8O

I can provide the wav file sometime also but I am going home a little later today for family reasons so I won't be able to give it to you until Sunday.
Do you want the wav files if we can supply them?

No need to send me a wav as well! 8O If you send me the mastered mp3 then that's all I need. If you send me only a wav then that's ok, but mp3 will be the finished product. By the way, it's the 5th of May. Hey that rhymes! :roll:

Finals as soon as possible please. You have no time left.

don't do that...It's not a good idea...

I recommend putting yours at the beginning, and mine at the end, right before the end credits. that way, they're far enough apart that they don't bore the listener, and they're thematically appropriate, as if the street fight is over in mine, and about to begin in yours.

edit: Canadians use British spellings, because British spellings are correct.

don't do that...It's not a good idea...

I recommend putting yours at the beginning, and mine at the end, right before the end credits. that way, they're far enough apart that they don't bore the listener, and they're thematically appropriate, as if the street fight is over in mine, and about to begin in yours.

edit: Canadians use British spellings, because British spellings are correct.

I agree there, I think that the tracks should be far away from each other.

I can provide the wav file sometime also but I am going home a little later today for family reasons so I won't be able to give it to you until Sunday.
Do you want the wav files if we can supply them?

No need to send me a wav as well! 8O If you send me the mastered mp3 then that's all I need. If you send me only a wav then that's ok, but mp3 will be the finished product. By the way, it's the 5th of May. Hey that rhymes! :roll:

Finals as soon as possible please. You have no time left.

Umm what if someone sent you a low-quality MP3? Don't you want some sort of universal encoding across the board..?

Here's Malco's post just to be sure

IMPORTANT VITAL POST

Ok, this is the final week. Shael has asked that I take in the final submissions. You can email them to me directly (gmail hehehe) or send me a link.

File guidelines:

192kbps mp3 - I recommmend freerip which uses the LAME encoding. I don't use winamp anymore because it sometimes causes the file to go into clipping when it shouldn't. But anyways you can find it here:

http://www.mgshareware.com/frmmain.shtml

Don't forget to come up with an original name for your remix, OC style! :D

ID3 Tags are as follows, using my Balrog remix as an example:

Title: Blood on the Asphalt: a Tribute to Street Fighter 2 - Balrog Stage 'Mercenary boxing'

Artist: Stephen Malcolm-Howell (Malcos)

Album: Blood on the Asphalt: a Tribute to Street Fighter 2

Year: 2006

Genre: Game

Composer: Stephen Malcolm-Howell (Malcos)

Original Artist: Alfh Lyra, Yoko Shimomura

Copyright: Capcom

Url: www.ocremix.org

Encoded by: Stephen Malcolm-Howell (Malcos)

I soooo excited! This is gonna be great! :D

Final Deadline 25th April

EDIT: Forgot to add, the filename would be:

BotA_a_Tribute_to_Street_Fighter_2_-_Balrog_Stage_Mercenary_Boxing.mp3

EDIT 2: Changed the capital 'A' to a lowercase. Shael reminded me that the article should always be lowercase. And I thought my gammar was good. Oh well.

In real life, if something is finished I have a habit of saying 'CUT!'. Well now this is the time to say CUT! :twisted:

I have 23 tracks, playtime is roughly 1 and a half hours. I'm in the process of making a preliminary tracklist - I should be sending it to Shael sometime today, if not tommorrow at the latest. We'll be working on several things from there, like finalising the playlist, ensuring quality across all tracks (we have to listen to the whole album in order several times), and the fact that he may have some finals I have yet to recieve. Work will then begin on the torrent, etc.

As we speak, Richter is working on a website for the project. :D

EDIT: Just to add, the boss themes sound great after each other!

Ok, for the most part my role is complete now. Here is the final tracklist as decided by Shael:

Title Screen

Here comes a new challenger

Blanka

Chun-Li

T.Hawk

DeeJay

E.Honda

Dhalsim

Guile

Zangeif

Fei Long

Cammy

Ryu

Balrog

Vega

Sagat

M.Bison

Akuma

Dhalsim Ending

Ryu's Ending

Blood on the Asphalt (Shael's mix)

Blood on the Asphalt (Aethurius's mix)

Sound fx

Hi Score

Ending Credits

2 mixes of the same song right next to each other?

And on a semi-related note: I think you guys need to be a little more patient and at least get remixes of all of the main character themes covered for this project (ending themes and other small jingles aren't as big of a deal, I'd say). I know there's a certain sense of urgency and anxiousness in trying to release these things quickly, but I think the project could certainly benefit from covering all of the main themes in the game, no matter how long it takes. I don't mean this as any disrespect to this project or anything, but it would certainly be much nicer if it were a little more complete. :)

2 mixes of the same song right next to each other?

And on a semi-related note: I think you guys need to be a little more patient and at least get remixes of all of the main character themes covered for this project (ending themes and other small jingles aren't as big of a deal, I'd say). I know there's a certain sense of urgency and anxiousness in trying to release these things quickly, but I think the project could certainly benefit from covering all of the main themes in the game, no matter how long it takes. I don't mean this as any disrespect to this project or anything, but it would certainly be much nicer if it were a little more complete. :)

Agreed (i.e. y'all need something for Ken). Even if stuff takes a long time, when it's done, it's done. I'd rather feel entirely satisfied with the output than wrap it up early.

Oh snap, guys!

I did not notice the conspicous absense of Ken from the roster. Sorry for scaring you. Fear not, though; the album will not be released until all the stages have been accounted for.

I'm trying to get the album as it stands now from Malcos, for my listen-check. Time zone differences can prove to be something of a barrier.

Oh snap, guys!

I did not notice the conspicous absense of Ken from the roster. Sorry for scaring you. Fear not, though; the album will not be released until all the stages have been accounted for.

I'm trying to get the album as it stands now from Malcos, for my listen-check. Time zone differences can prove to be something of a barrier.

Who needs Ken? He is just the capitalist version of Ryu anyway...

Oh snap, guys!

Talk to Sixto (the remixer you originally had slated for the track, last I checked). He was injured in a pretty bad accident and wasn't able to play guitar again until recently. I don't know if he ever notified you of that or not... I'm sure he could finish Kens theme up pretty quick now, though. ;)

Everyone, nice work! :nicework:

All tracks are in and the webpage is being setup. Now pay attention, because this is very important:

I need a facial shot from each of you, a cropped photo showing only your face, one you might not be surprised to find on a character select screen, were you to be in one, as though you were a fighting game character, hint hint. Make sure it looks good at about twice the size of an Overclocked ReMix forum avatar.

Send your photo, along with your country, state and city of residence to richter@paletteswap.com, and cc it to shael.riley@gmail.com. If you don't get that data to me by Saturday, I reserve the right to erroniously represent you as a stick figure from France.