Game: Red Zone

Arrangement Name: The Broken Front

Songs Arranged: Title Music, Night Mission

Platform: Sega Genesis

Composer: Jesper Kyd

Release Year: 1994

Source 1 (Title Music):

Source 2 (Night Mission):

Original Judge's Panel Decision: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27574

Comments: I'll keep it short this time around. I made this track back in '09, and it got shot down due to production issues. A while passed, I worked on some other stuff, and I eventually came back to this track and made a thread in the workshop for feedback. After 6 more iterations using the feedback (Stevo was particularly helpful), I think I'm done with this song.

Fingers crossed?

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely remember this one the first time around, and I am really happy you are resubbing it. :-)

Right from the beginning, the snare feels a lot better, and more natural, and the balance overall is much better; The arrangement works well, and the incorporation of the 2 sources is pretty solid. Some of the guitar playing and drumming is a touch on the loose side for a few sections, but overall I was feeling this. The subtle use of synths added a nice contrast and helped the sections feel unique. The drum writing overall was nice and varied, and I feel that though it could be tightened up a bit overall, the strengths easily outnumber the nitpicks. Nice resub. :-)

Yes

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Didn't hear the original submission, but listening to this fresh I'm really enjoying it. The intro does a great job of setting the mood, and the drop is brutal! Your guitar tone and the overall production of the track is pretty appropriately crunchy for this style, it's a really nice fit.

I'm at a bit of a loss for details here, but I like what I'm hearing, and it's over the bar for me. Hope to continue hearing more from you man!

YES

never heard of this game, but these are some quality sources, and a nice arrangement to boot. gotta say the mixing feels pretty tinny to me. it doesn't quite have the depth and punch to it that I'd expect of most accepted mixes. I'm gonna give this on the benefit of the doubt however, since the other judges were generally digging it, and the arrangement and performances were solid. congrats - overall, there's some nice stuff here. I'm sure we'll be seeing some more subs from you, so I'm looking forward to seeing how you improve you production techniques.

YES(borderline)