• Main Character sounds incredibly stupid
  • Pre-Rendered Cinematics are not in HD

Good things about the game:

• Amazingly deep level path designs
  • It's a game that truly lets you choose between stealth or Run and Gun
  • Interesting story
  • Gameplay is very smooth

So I would prolly recommend it. I guess.

Problems with the game:

• Brain Dead Enemies
  • Awful looking character models and lip syncing
  • Sound Bugs when I punch something
  • Environments sometimes feel plastic and lifeless
  • Pre-Rendered Cinematics are not in HD

Yeesh, play the first game - I'm sure it's not nearly as flawed in any of those areas as the original. I'd be happy as hell with those flaws, since those are inevitably improved with a generation or two of VG technology (in comparison to the first game, anyway).

I am playing the game right now.

All of those problems are prevalent in the game.

You play the game first.

Don't let devs get away with stupid shit.

But, see, these are almost exactly the same problems we have with the Fallout/Elder Scrolls games that Bethesda makes, but the games are so goddamn open-ended that its worth those small quibbles to be able to play something that feels like a next-gen experience where choice matters. At least Deus Ex is playable as a shooter... Or even a game for that matter...

On a related note, I'm fucking excited about Skyrim. Bethesda games are absolutely incredible even despite the fact that the actual game part is quite terrible. And now you're telling me you fixed that part and its supposed to be great now? Yes please!

It's impressively good. I'll list my impressions thus far:

Good Stuff

-Gunplay is very solid, love the feel and look of the weapons. Ammo feels rare (atleast early on) so I feel like there is some weapon management.

-Stealth gameplay is done right (for once!) and I love it. It really, really feels like Metal Gear Solid in a lot of areas. Hiding bodies, silent takedowns, making them think you are where your not, the 'room-by-room' pacing was done very well too.

-The dialog options and depth of conversations took me by surprise. I wish there we're more 'social' options to level up.

-The interface is very good. From the hud to the map and inventory screen, it's all done well.

-The hacking minigame is arguably the best 'mini-game' within a game that i've seen.

-Damage was handled really well, this goes back to gunplay a bit, but weapons feel powerful. You shoot someone in the head, and he will go down. Likewise though, you feel very fragile. If a single enemy gets a bead on you, you really do die.

Bad Stuff

-Animations are kinda meh sometimes. Ragdoll physics can sometimes bug or just look wierd, as to be expected.

-AI can be weak and in some situations downright stupid during gunfights, hoping it ramps up as the game progresses.

-With exception to the main characters, most of the character models look kinda dated.

-Im not playing with every graphic option maxed, im probably somewhere in the mid-to-high range, but the environments do sometimes feel really bad, kinda lifeless. This is especially prevalent in the city.

Still really early to judge, but those are some initial impressions if anyone is on the fence about the game.

For those complaining about the voice acting and awkward model animations, go back and install the original Deus Ex.

Anyway, as for the game itself, ignoring the crash that made me quit for the night, I ultimately am pleasantly surprised. The game feels like a Deus Ex game; not some crappy modernized shooter. I find it incredibly odd that some of the major cut scenes are pre-rendered videos though. Low resolution ones at that. Pretty sure youtube 1080p is better.

Beyond the animation and stuff, I do have one question, why do people go apeshit when I hack anything? I mean guards makes sense, but when I hack anything in front of civies they don't just react, they freak out like I just pulled a gun and started shooting. The game doesn't have any levels beyond normal and complete freak out.

Really, it's amusing when I hack a keypad and some black chick in china runs out of the apartments yelling "He's going to kill me!"

I am playing the game right now.

All of those problems are prevalent in the game.

You play the game first.

Don't let devs get away with stupid shit.

I haven't played very many games from the last generation of consoles, and virtually no games from this generation, so if any of those things are updates from pre-2k6 then I'd still be impressed and very happy (but for the wrong reason, I suppose).

Gotta play the first game, never have gotten into Deus Ex, though I have always heard good things about it.

I hear that. I borrowed the first game from a friend about a year ago and tried playing it. The problem was that the game didn't work as it was supposed to. The character and the enemies were moving too fast which made aiming and fighting was a bit too difficult when you faced super fast enemies. Sneaking was pretty impossible too.

I hear that. I borrowed the first game from a friend about a year ago and tried playing it. The problem was that the game didn't work as it was supposed to. The character and the enemies were moving too fast which made aiming and fighting was a bit too difficult when you faced super fast enemies. Sneaking was pretty impossible too.

You have to go into your task manager and find DeusEx.exe. There set the affinity to run only off of one CPU.