Super Dodge Ball: Around the World - History

Murmeli Walan

Heh, I don't remember ever asking sgx. :lol:

Anyways, I'm uploading the tracks to megaupload now, so you and Arek'll get them soon.

Also, I'd like for us to start using the other thread. This one was made by me in a bout of determination, and it doesn't need to be around anymore. Think of it as HI! Thread #2. :wink:

I thought it was silently agreed to never mention that cursed phenomenon of Grand-Mastery ever again!!!

And,

Me: Did you ever play Super Dodge Ball? 'cause there's a project that's been around OCR for the past year or two...maybe three? that needs more remixers. http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=57352&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

SGX: hehe. i think i got asked to do this like a year ago

SGX: no i haven't played that game, and i'm not really interested in a remix at the moment

Sounds good to me, Larry.

Arek: Mae has limited internet access at the moment, but she usually responds to emails pretty well. Speaking of email, you said earlier that you had a list of remixers you wanted to contact? Send me an email about that, and I'll let you know who I've talked to so far.

ohok

well ive been doin this and that lookin at people and i might have some others possibly we will see brb

• 2 weeks later...
I might be interested in doing the ending/credits...

Just as a side note, Japan's theme is itself an arrangement of Sakura (Cherry Blossoms), a very traditional Japanese piece of music... I'm not entirely sure that it is public domain, though...

Yeah I noticed that too. Sakura is a pretty well known japanese song, I don't know if there's any kind of copyright to it though.

I might be interested in doing the ending/credits...

Just as a side note, Japan's theme is itself an arrangement of Sakura (Cherry Blossoms), a very traditional Japanese piece of music... I'm not entirely sure that it is public domain, though...

Yeah I noticed that too. Sakura is a pretty well known japanese song, I don't know if there's any kind of copyright to it though.

After doing some research, I found the same was true for the Team USSR theme. Just ignore it and hope we don't get C&D'd by Japanese and/or Russians. ;)

Rexy's Team Iceland track is finished! We still have a ways to go, but Around the World is finally starting to come together. But, another track is put back open. See the first post for details.

Remember: if you want to claim a track, have a WIP within a week sent to me, Mae, and Arek.

Happy New Year, everybody!

I'm gonna take a minute here to show my appreciation to Sadorf. In just a short time since he joined Around the World, I've already recieved three WIP demos from him. His track is good, it's very "stadium anthem-y".

I've also been send the absolute final version of "I Lost My Balls In Moscow" (akumajobelmont's mix), and it's nothing short of fantastic. The new ending is simple yet powerful. Kudos to you.

So yeah, I don't have any major updates to report, this was just a bump cleverly disguised as an update post. Do not be shy if you want to claim a track, just so long as one of us gets a WIP within a week.

wow i remember beating this game on virtualnes.com a month ago, it's so kick ass and the gameplay is exactly like river city ransom....

...yeah, except for the whole "dodge ball" part of it.

But anyway, the game is more related to RCR than you think. SDB is a heavily-localized version of the Japanese game Nekketsu High School Dodgeball Club, which is part of the famous Kunio-kun series. Renegade, Crash N' the Boys Street Challenge, and Nintendo World Cup are also Americanized games in the series.

I'm a big fan. Can you tell? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...