Super Dodge Ball: Around the World - History

Murmeli Walan

Well, I finally decided to make myself useful, and I sent out a PM or two today. Maybe this'll lead to some more tracks being claimed?

Also, don't wait for Walan, Arek, or I to contact you! If you are interested in the project, tell us. Even better, if something sparks your interest, go ahead and start up a WIP, if we have something to listen to from you, we will be more likely to want to have you on the team!

So, let's get out there and start bringing this project home. The main page shows 7 tracks available, but Arek has us believing that a secret remixer is working on one of the tracks...but he won't even tell Walan or I what track it is! So, that means there's really probably 6 available, unless one of the tracks is being duplicated. Which is just fine, as long as they're both nice work.

I sent a PM requesting 1 or 2 tracks to be remixed if the remixer is up for it. The remixer will be revealed later if it is agreed. So, the tracks are getting snatched up now. Grab one while you can!

In other news: sadorf let me hear his latest version of the intro, and it's really sounding good. Keep it up, sadorf!

Happy mixing

Just thought I'd point out that the first few links to the soundtrack are dead. So on the off hand chance a fresh link hasn't been posted in a while...

http://megatwerp.com/akumusnsf/S/Super%20Dodge%20Ball.nsf

... there's the soundtrack.

Nice try Coopy, but I just posted akumu's link about 20 minutes ago. LOL

The tracks are out of order, though. I'll have to go through and see what's what.

The current nsf does not give titles to each track, and they are out of order. (They are neither alphabetical, nor in the order they appear in the game)

So, to clarify a little for any new mixers considering the project, here is a list of the track names, and their corresponding track number on the nsf available here: http://megatwerp.com/akumusnsf/S/Super%20Dodge%20Ball.nsf

Title: 16

All Stars: 6

England: 2

India: 7

Iceland: 3

China: 5

Kenya: 4

Japan: 1

USSR: 8

Shadow: 9/19

VS Play: 11

Bean Ball:10

Credits/Staff Roll: 21

Set-up Team: 18

Loading/start round: 13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are reading this and you are not part of this project, then PLEASE JOIN! The music from this game is awesome and even if you didnt grow up playing it like some of us did, it's still well worth remixing. so lets go! there's only 6 tracks left! C'mon guys, this isnt a large project by any means, so if just a few people step up to the plate then we could knock this baby out sooner than you can say bean ball! what do you say?

i'd suggest you talk to some guys like avaris or other people who do a lot of remixing - i'm sure that shaun would want in, he's a good mixer.

Why yes...yes I do want in. :-)

I didn't know vgmusic actually had midis of half the tracks. Walan wasn't kidding when he said the game had good music...this is not an april fool's joke!

I'd like to take Team USA, there is a midi for it on vgmusic but it isn't on the list. I would be using mostly synths, the instruments most native to america would be guitar. Would it be cool if I used synths instead?

If Team USA isn't an option I'll take Team China and I def got the instruments for that.

If you need to hear some tunes of mine let me know and I'll PM the coordinators.

Walan wasn't kidding when he said the game had good music...this is not an april fool's joke!

...did you actually look for and listen to the soundtrack after I made that post in the I'm Out thread? Awesome!

Yes, Team All-Stars (the USA theme) was taken long ago by the talented Andy Jayne, but Team China is still open. Welcome to Around the World.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...