Super Dodge Ball: Around the World - History

Murmeli Walan

THANKS to the awesomeness of Willrock... we got into a conversation tonight on MSN. I was showing him Jordan's WIP for this project and he showed me this...

Team Japan intro? Holy snap.

Team Japan is based heavily on a traditional Japanese folk song called "Sakura Sakura". The intro also makes an appearance as

in Punch-Out.

In fact, a good bit of the music from Super Dodge Ball is based on various folk tunes from the countries they represent. Not all of them are, but I know Japan and

(Katyusha) are for sure, and I believe Team China and India are too.

Also in looking this stuff up, I'm finding a reference to the original music written for SDB being based on themes from another Kunio-Kun game, Renegade. Must look more into this.

Speaking of WIPs Jade, do you have a newer WIP of the song for this project than I do? =P

Team Japan is based heavily on a traditional Japanese folk song called "Sakura Sakura". The intro also makes an appearance as
in Punch-Out.

In fact, a good bit of the music from Super Dodge Ball is based on various folk tunes from the countries they represent. Not all of them are, but I know Japan and

(Katyusha) are for sure, and I believe Team China and India are too.

Also in looking this stuff up, I'm finding a reference to the original music written for SDB being based on themes from another Kunio-Kun game, Renegade. Must look more into this.

Speaking of WIPs Jade, do you have a newer WIP of the song for this project than I do? =P

Oh wow, I didn't know any of that. I know it sounded familiar to me, but I didn't know it was for certain a traditional Japanese folk song. Those are pretty kool sources. Thanks for sharing! =) I remember Punch-Out as a kid like yesterday but hearing this again after knowing Super Dodgeball source, it's kool. haha

And nah...I don't. haha He would've given it to you otherwise...No worries. He's been updating his PC as of late, though seems to never get done.

Gonna warn you, that's a terrible date with MAGFest on the horizon.

Kyle wanted the date to be New Year's Eve, but I'll be at MAGfest this year, so I asked to have it moved back until after the event. I think most of the remixers wouldn't have a problem with it, but as always, let Kyle or myself know if it's not gonna fly.

• 4 weeks later...

12/28/09: Another quick update on the album, the talented LuIzA has joined up to provide guitar work for the Team Kenya track! I've heard the most recent WIP, and it's getting better and better. Speaking of, a little angel that used to be a dodge ball player told me that another big name might be jumping on that track, as well.....

12/28/09: Another quick update on the album, the talented LuIzA has joined up to provide guitar work for the Team Kenya track! I've heard the most recent WIP, and it's getting better and better. Speaking of, a little angel that used to be a dodge ball player told me that another big name might be jumping on that track, as well.....

"Joined up to provide guitar work" isn't as accurate a description as "rocked the living piss out of my mix."

Either one works though. :razz:

"Joined up to provide guitar work" isn't as accurate a description as "rocked the living piss out of my mix."

Either one works though. :razz:

No no, I don't believe that's nearly accurate either. I don't think the words exist yet to describe what she's done, and I've tried looking. Even my 1947 Dictionary of Slang and Common Phrases doesn't have adequate terminology.

Looks like 2010 is going to be an absolutely stellar year for projects! I feel terrible that the next WIP date for this is the day after MAG ends, though. Do you give the procrastinators no chance?!

I take this back. Willrock, Protricity, and Rexy were all at MAG, too. Thanks for the project advice and encouragement, Ari and Mono! And thanks to everyone else who would listen to me excitedly talk about AtW at MAGFest.

lolz i'm not at MAG, there seems to be a rumor going round that i'm there according to some people...

Also, I'm not going to be able to deliever for the deadline kyle, sorry :tomatoface:

I'm still interested in the mix I have to do tho if i'm allowed to keep it :D

lolz i'm not at MAG, there seems to be a rumor going round that i'm there according to some people...

Also, I'm not going to be able to deliever for the deadline kyle, sorry :tomatoface:

I'm still interested in the mix I have to do tho if i'm allowed to keep it :D

Ah, that's what I get from hearing it from somebody else. Count that as my bad, sir. Same with Rexy, I'm sure I heard her name at the OCR panel, but I didn't actually meet her myself.

Hey, if Kyle's okay with it, then I am. Hell, even if he's not okay with it, I'll make him be, haha.

Let me guess - did SnappleMan did a more convincing cosplay of me this time around? That's the only thing I can guess, really. :D

Also as you already know, I DO have a finished composition (and had it shown by the previous deadline), alas I've been too sick over the past week to really refine it. If you can give me a couple more weeks, then I should be okay.

Let me guess - did SnappleMan did a more convincing cosplay of me this time around? That's the only thing I can guess, really. :D

Also as you already know, I DO have a finished composition (and had it shown by the previous deadline), alas I've been too sick over the past week to really refine it. If you can give me a couple more weeks, then I should be okay.

Of course you can have the extra time. Just make sure you get it done soon, k?

Big news:

HOLY CRAP MEGA RAAAAANNNNNNN ON TEAM KENYA

Also, Hoha's WIP is really good shit.

chrono26 has also wrapped up his Team Shadow remix.

Mega Ran? That's the guy who did that Megaman album, right? (Or whatever it was, my ignorant self is also too lazy to check)

Mega Ran? That's the guy who did that Megaman album, right? (Or whatever it was, my ignorant self is also too lazy to check)

That's right, it's Random, the same person who released the acclaimed Mega Ran and Mega Ran 9 albums will be appearing on Around the World. I excitedly spilled the beans to a couple people at MAGFest, but we're making the official announcement now. Closer and closer we move towards completion!