Super Dodge Ball: Around the World - History

Murmeli Walan

1/5/10: Happy New Year, everybody! Some big announcements to make: Rexy is finished, chrono26 is finished, and everybody else is moving closer to completion (Protricity, and Monobrow even updated me in person at MAGFest! *squee*) But this is the biggest Around the World announcement to date: one of my favorite rappers in the nerdcore scene is joining the album! It's none other than Random aka Mega Ran, who released his Mega Ran and Mega Ran 9 albums to much acclaim in the game music and hip-hop communities. He'll be providing lyrics over DCT and LuIza's Team Kenya mix, and I've gotta say that I'm more than excited by this news. 2010 will be the year for Around the World!

Walan and I are very pleased. Progress has been moving steadily along, and I would consider all of the songs except two to be complete, or very close to it. 8 Bit Instrumental have taken their track back in the shop to rework the mastering after the recent judges decision, and Ryan8bit will be doing a leaner, meaner rendition of Bean Ball as we wrap up.

I'm setting the next due date for January 31st. I would like to get as many finished tracks as possible by that date. I'm fully confident in having most of the music side of ATW done by the end of February.

Finally, I may release a preview soon, though that's up to Walan and popular demand.

Well then, here we go: A preview of the Around the World project! Note that the Versus Play remix included here is NOT by Willrock, as I don't have one from him yet. The one here will be included as a bonus track since it wasn't quite finished. The rest will be on the final project, but are subject to be tweaked, changed, or revamped without reason.

As for which track is which, you'll have to figure that out yourself. No tracklist for you!

Well, it's better than another testicle reference, anyway...

Ask Kyle about the first 'promotional image' I sent his way. :lol: That'll teach him not to be specific in what he asks for.

But yeah! Preview sounds great, so big thumbs up to everyone on that. I wasn't interested in this project at all admittedly as I'm not familiar with the source tunes at all, but the preview changed my mind. Looking forward to seeing this finished!

Ask Kyle about the first 'promotional image' I sent his way. :lol: That'll teach him not to be specific in what he asks for.

But yeah! Preview sounds great, so big thumbs up to everyone on that. I wasn't interested in this project at all admittedly as I'm not familiar with the source tunes at all, but the preview changed my mind. Looking forward to seeing this finished!

I looked through some of your gallery. I'm....interested...

Hey! Glad to hear you enjoyed the preview track. I've heard a bunch of people tell me that they weren't interested until they heard the source, it's a real shame that the SDB soundtrack isn't as celebrated as RCR or other great NES OSTs. We're very close to getting the music side of things wrapped up, actually.

I am suddenly very interested in this project.

Actually, I'm serious when I say you should roll with this as the official art. Maybe if binjovi is up for doing a higher def version or something, that could be the album cover? I mean, if you definitely wanna stick with a more serious tone, that's fine, but I think this would get a LOT more eyes on the album, then when you hit 'em with the actual music, things could get a bit... classier. As in, not just about boobs. Being covered by vollleyballs.

Seriously.

Actually, I'm serious when I say you should roll with this as the official art. Maybe if binjovi is up for doing a higher def version or something, that could be the album cover? I mean, if you definitely wanna stick with a more serious tone, that's fine, but I think this would get a LOT more eyes on the album, then when you hit 'em with the actual music, things could get a bit... classier. As in, not just about boobs. Being covered by vollleyballs.

Seriously.

I second this wholeheartedly.

Although, in the interests of continuity and a unifying theme, I think the songs should all be reworked to incorporate the new djp-approved Boobs concept. In fact, forget the music. Let's just release an album full of boobs. That'll show 'em.

Seriously.

As good of an idea as this may be, OA has already been working on the cover art.

Were the balls white in the original game? (I've never played it.) I always thought red made more sense for dodge balls.

Red dodgeballs are the balls I got pelted in the face with in high school... I remember that!

But I don't remember the color of the dodgeballs in the *actual* game. However when I googled up the game covers and official art the balls were white and offwhite.