Super Dodge Ball: Around the World - History

Murmeli Walan

Finally played through the game, heard the whole soundtrack. Excellent stuff on both ends.

I'm thinking of doing either All-Stars or Iceland. I have no idea how I would approach All-Stars given the theme of the project, so I'll probably take Iceland, which might be better suited for one of my ambient remixes.

So that's what I've narrowed it down to.. if anyone has a suggestion or problem as to my choice I'd be glad to hear them.

More on that later.

Okay, I've played through again, and I've decided.

I will do an ambient remix of Team Iceland's bgm.

Now I need to track down an NSF (that I can open =P) to help me in the transposing process. Once I have that (which should give me time to work on some other songs), I will begin working on my Iceland mix.

There's a link to the NSF files on the first page in the first few posts :D

Yes, but they're NSFe. I need plain old NSF. I found a winamp plugin that opens NSFe but I don't know how to rip to audio with NotSo Fatso. It has a very odd interface..

Thanks anyway!

I don't know how to rip to audio with NotSo Fatso.

Use the Direct writer output (i think it's called that) in winamp and make a Wav out of it.. Very simple :)

You could also turn off some channels in NotSo Fatso so you can rip just one channel, perfect for taking out just one thing that is hard to hear with everything else going on at the same time.

on another unrelated topic...

no one answered my question....... who wants to get owned in Super Dodge Ball? neo geo version or nes version...? I'm the king of these games.

i love love LOVE the Neo Geo version... i never realized i had the rom till i played the nes version... the music in that version is awesome too :D

I'm completly unfamiliar with the Neo Geo version. Is it the same as the NES version with better graphics and music, or is it a different game altogether?

DAMN !!!

I've got so much work to do after realesing the Giana Sisters Remix (which is a good thing)

I will make this project my top priority though.

I thought i should be able to get the basics of the whole song together this weekend but NO!!

My "mother in law" asked me to do a website for her company so I'll have to work on that.. Payment:

A cool paint on my guitar :lol: With a Last Ninja 2 motive on it :twisted: How freakin hot isn't that 8) Come on people get your heads together and work on this project.. To all you people which deicided to work on this project I wish you all the best and to the newcomers on the project Make our nuts bleed with your skills :wink: ... When I get home today I will work on a little something for you ALL to gloat in :wink: Take care Dude and Dudettes

no one answered my question....... who wants to get owned in Super Dodge Ball? neo geo version or nes version...? I'm the king of these games.

i love love LOVE the Neo Geo version... i never realized i had the rom till i played the nes version... the music in that version is awesome too :D

I'm completly unfamiliar with the Neo Geo version. Is it the same as the NES version with better graphics and music, or is it a different game altogether?

It's the same pretty much gameplay wise... but there is super moves ala Street Fighter II etc... and the art style is different, but is SOOOO awesome... The story line is different too, as is the music (but it's EXCELLENT also.

It's the best version of the game out there :D

http://www.classicgaming.com/kunio/frame.html

I am changing this post cause I quickly changed my mind. Sorry! Dimmignatt has got it covered too nicely to interfere. I will consider doing an unclaimed song.

Originally posted:

• I have recently finished a remix and I have been considering remixing the "team shadow" theme even before ever seeing that this project existed. I know Dimmignatt is signed on to do that song. I imagine his skills are passed my own but I would really like to take a stab at that song. If you decide it is good enough then add it, if not, then don't. So you can sign me on for making a version of the Phantom team (Team Shadow) theme. I own the game in the old NES cartridge format and I play it on the console with a friend of mine on occasion. I love the game. Always have.
    Perhaps you need some proof of my skills? I can't say I am the best out there. My Faxanadu remix found on my site is reflective of my current skill level. You can get it off my site:
http://ghbarratt.com/music
Well, I hope that helps. I am likely to at least start this song. If Dimmignatt has any complaints, no problem, I will simply decline my offer and let him take the show.
Let me know what you think.

If Dimmignatt has any complaints, no problem, I will simply decline my offer and let him take the show.

Let me know what you think.

I have no problem with that!!

Just cool that someone joins in on the project.

I say we do our own takes on this one and then have a vote on it, If that's cool with you and the Master of this project!

Nice Faxanadu remix btw.. LOVED/LOVE THAT GAME.

If you wanna hear my progress with the song at the moment check my WIP thread!

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=61152

I guess you (Dimmignatt) are really on top of things. Especially since you posted less than 15 minutes after me! WOW! I am a dope for not listening to your wip first. I think it kicks @$$! Keep it up. I do not think I would give you much competition. I am going to decline my offer for now. Sorry everyone, but you do not need my help on THAT song. Dimmignatt knows EXACTLY what to do with it! I will consider doing some other song from the game and get back to everyone if I decide to do something unclaimed. Is that cool? You can sign me on as maybe for now if you want.

I guess you (Dimmignatt) are really on top of things. Especially since you posted less than 15 minutes after me! WOW! I am a dope for not listening to your wip first. I think it kicks @$$! Keep it up. I do not think I would give you much competition. I am going to decline my offer for now. Sorry everyone, but you do not need my help on THAT song. Dimmignatt knows EXACTLY what to do with it! I will consider doing some other song from the game and get back to everyone if I decide to do something unclaimed. Is that cool? You can sign me on as maybe for now if you want.

Hehe.. Thanks dude !! But check out the other songs.. It's an awesome soundtrack and it would be GREAT if you joined in on it !! Best of luck to you :D

It's the same pretty much gameplay wise... but there is super moves ala Street Fighter II etc... and the art style is different, but is SOOOO awesome... The story line is different too, as is the music (but it's EXCELLENT also.

If you or anyone can find me the game's music, then I may consider adding it to the project.

Wasn't there also a Super Dodge Ball for GBA? It was a launch title, none of which I bought; I wish I had now, after playing the NES original.

Hey, I might want to take you up on that offer. My wireless internet connection is really unstable though, so it probly won't work out for me.. oh well

Wasn't there also a Super Dodge Ball for GBA? It was a launch title, none of which I bought; I wish I had now, after playing the NES original.

Yes there was and it was a launch tittle, I still play it today even though that one was laughably easy

http://www.classicgaming.com/kunio/frame.html

This link has a special something for everyone whoever wanted to try the neo geo version of it ;)

^^^ you pretty much have it. The game and the music is awesome also. And I have to agree that this is the best version of super dodge ball. I didn't like the GBA version at all.... maybe it's just me. :(

Hey, I might want to take you up on that offer. My wireless internet connection is really unstable though, so it probly won't work out for me.. oh well

hahaha.. name the time and place.. :)

Yes there was and it was a launch tittle, I still play it today even though that one was laughably easy

It's easier than the NES version? Wow.. After playing through Tournament mode once on easy and playing Bean Ball once on all three modes (never won any of them), I was able to get all the way to Team Japan before losing (hard mode).

Ok, in the next few days, I'll be sending PMs to the people on my maybe list about their involvement in the project.

I think the problem here is the fact that unlike every other remix project going on currently, Super Dodge Ball is the only project that centers around an underrated soundtrack. I'm not knocking the other projects at all (far from it), but it's just that they all have soundtracks from popular and well-known games (Super Metroid, Sonic 2 and 3, the Tales games. Heck, the Kirby's Superstar project gained 20 pages in the time it took this project to get 5.)

Sorry if I sound bitter or anything. I just know that this project will go far with persistence.

Sorry if I sound bitter or anything. I just know that this project will go far with persistence.
You dont sound bitter, people look at Super Dodgeball and go "its dodgeball how can it have a good soundtrack?" I think people just arent giving it time or are too busy already

You dont sound bitter, people look at Super Dodgeball and go "its dodgeball how can it have a good soundtrack?" I think people just arent giving it time or are too busy already

I'm not so sure that's the case. Yes, plenty of remixers have told me that they're too busy or are just too burnt out to help. But everyone I asked about the project has told me that they heard a great soundtrack. If fact, Mazedude told me this in a PM:

However, it is extremely intricate original music, and thus very difficult to remix. One key thing about remixing is that you want the mix to be atleast as good as the original, and if the originals are already fast, crazy, and kickass... it's one helluva task.

People are giving the soundtrack time, which makes me happy. If anything, I'm introducing a great soundtrack to a bunch of people.