Super Dodge Ball: Around the World - History

Murmeli Walan

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for spoiling this movie for me. :-/

It may look like it's spoiling the movie but it isn't really, the triumph of good over evil is like the single most expected element of Super... you will be surprised by the other things that happen, the characters and events that take place.. how the characters progress and why they do what they do. And there's a particularly touching ending that will tug at your heartstrings. :-)

err I mean, where's super dodge ball *on topic on topic*

• 2 weeks later...
Isn't "constant variety" a little bit of an oxymoron?

Ha, that is interesting for one definition of the word 'constant'; the definition in this context is unrelenting continuation. It's a reference to the old TV staple "Wide World of Sports". If no one remembers that program, they surely remember some part of the taglines: 'Spanning the globe to bring you the constant variety of sport. The thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat. The human drama of athletic competition.'

I've just realised something with the track order; this is loosely based on the stage order in the original Japanese version, isn't it? :razz:

Yeah, Walan and I moved some things around for the sake of flow, and I was definitely looking at the Japanese version's order when we did so. And since we had two versions of both Team Shadow and Versus Play, we had to stuff 'em in somewhere. :-P

One thing that's kind of funny: Jose's trailer really doesn't portray the amount of RAWK on this album. Hell, the last 4 songs on the album alone are RAWKin', never mind Team England and ergosonic's Shadow remix early on in the album, as well as India, Kenya, and USSR, all of which have rock elements. Seriously, this thing is more like Super Guitar Ball: Around the Wankery. Given I'm involved with it though, it's probably no surprise.