Sign in to follow this  
Murmeli Walan

Super Dodge Ball: Around the World - History

Update too, have the basic rhythms all done for the 1st half. Just gotta add in some variations and change up some of the instruments in the 2nd half. I should have a near finished version in the next week or two. After that it's just tweaking based on feedback I get.

Excellent, both of you.

And while update fever is going on, I might as well provide one myself.

Lyrics for GLL and my mix are written. I'm waiting to hear some music from him so I can get to practicing singing the lyrics so they won't sound like any of my BEER mixes from way back when, and so he doesn't have to heavily edit the vocals to make me sound like a computerized voice again.

Unfortunately, I can't say we're almost done like the rest of you...but...umm...we have started?

I'll have to call him and yell at him or something.

Will Melodyne do as much for me as the "voice enhancers deveolped by NASA" did for Bart, Milhouse, Ralph, and Nelson in that one Simpsons episode where they became a boy band???

And, see...I want to try to not need any serious fixing to my voice. But if worse comes to worse...you might want to let GLL know about it. Haha.

Though, he was able to use enough effects to turn some pretty s**** vocals into this a couple years ago.

that's a pretty tight song, mae.

if you want to do it without all the effecting, i'll be available. i'm not much of a trance mastering guru, but i can do normal stuff just fine.

i said i would have shit by friday? hahaha

i did have something by then, but only mae has heard it....and she is the only person that will hear that particular demo.

i uhmmm sorta broke my lead synths, which im sure mae was able to hear. i love not saving channel states....really!.......

im working on replacements for them, and when i have everything playing nicely with each other again, i will send off what i have to walan and mae....arek doesnt count as anything, so he aint gettin shit :)

So, I checked my email, and saw the topic reply notification. Even without seeing your name, I knew it was you just by your first line...haha.

I can always look up the log. I think there was in fact something that I noticed that was a little off, but at work where I can't hear it, I don't remember exactly what it was. Yeah, I'll check the chatlog when I get home.

Don't be so mean to Arek. He counts as...umm...as high as 20 with his shoes off!

Prophet...If I had the power...I would.

I've been PMing Walan with what he should update. Heck, have of the messages I send could probably be copied and pasted. *shrug*

avaris, I'm looking forward to hearing it, too...but GLL won't send me music. We have lyrics written already, and I sent him a couple recordings of them (Very crappy, mind you. Not even in tune. Just in 2 different keys so he can pick which one would sound best with the music, and which he thinks I would sound best in), and I need music so that I can practice the lyrics, and so I can get in time. But, he won't send me anything. :( I'm kind of getting worried about the status of our mix, and wondering if it will even happen. I think I pissed him off...

Or I'm just terrible, and he can't admit it.

someone DESPERATELY needs to edit the first post.

Sorry, I haven't had an internet connection in the last three weeks because of problems with my appartment. I'll do my catching up now.

Done. Tell me if I missed anything.

so...ive sent another wip to mae and walan....

HOW ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE?

so yeah, if i can do it, so can the rest of you

lets get this shit goin

k bye

it's really ghetto that this is so close to finishing and we still haven't had anyone claim the last four songs. i think mae and arek and walan need to start proselytizing this project again to various people to see who we can get to help out.

i'm still willing to collab with anyone who'll take a new mix.

I'm trying to do something with Team Japan, but it's hard to come up with an arrangement for a folk song you've heard arranged so much. If I do manage to get something, I could use some mastering help/advice. I'm not so good at it.

Hey everyone. No updates yet, but I just wanted to make everyone aware that avaris' China track, "Breakbeat Market", is on the judges panel! Here's hoping they stamp a big 'ol yes on it! Remixers: feel free to submit your completed tracks to the panel (especially you, AkumajoBelmont. :) )

We've got just another four tracks left to claim, we can't flounder on this again. Tell people you know, message remixers, tell everyone that we're as close as we've ever been to completion!

MASSIVE congratulations to avaris, whose Team China track, Breakbeat Market, was approved by the judges' panel, and will be on the OCR front page when the album launches! Nice Work!