OCR02276 - Metroid Prime "Solitude"

djpretzel

Lots of good Metroid Tracks lately, so I should get the album, huh. The track itself is great, the instruments and synth lines really make it feel vital and organic, and it suits the atmosphere well, I'm also loving how the melody lines were altered and used until you realize the original tune, just great! :)

It was so ambient when it came in. Immediate hook. Stereo Delay with the broken chords set the mood. zircon brings in epic mixing skills and his powerful drums as usual. And then... oh wait!

Wah guitar?! C-GPO perhaps? I jizzed when I heard that at 2:08. =3

Overall, wonderful mix.

Edited by timaeus222

Hotness. I love the Tallon Overworld theme. Andy's stuff is always excellent. It's funny, b/c often people tend to become identifiable through their music (as in, you hear a song and immediately know who wrote it due to the style or other small details contained within) and while that's sometimes true with Andy, what's more interesting is that I feel like I can often identify his music more by the quality and style of the production itself. That's a pretty cool talent/ability he has (on top of being a great composer/remixer in general) :)

• 3 months later...

When I first heard the track, I really appreciated the mood being brought in here. On a production level we have this ethereal yet intense chilled setup that manages to reflect well on the title and play with peoples' minds, all well utilised to the point that it reaches close to the edge of professionalism. And with the intense decision making behind the writing throughout, reaching a critical moment for me when the guitars were brought in at 2:10 (is that Chris playing or is that a patch?), you can tell that so much has been done to the track to make it really stand out.

But strangely, I didn't detect as much of the source as some of the others did; usually in zircon's works I detect it right from the word go, but for a more atmospheric score like Metroid Prime I found it really tricky to make many connections at all. But that might probably be me in my old age trying to figure out things on an arrangement level.

It's still a very pretty downtempo track, no doubt about it; will be keeping a good hold on this one for sure, so well done :)

Bells with solid beat intro? Awesome. Someone else mentioned that it had a DKC2 sound in some places, and I wholeheartedly agree, which makes it cool. And then those guitars rip into the ReMix and I couldn't stop grinning. Then ending on a relatively peaceful fading note was wonderful. This ReMix is without a doubt a ten on the scale of how great it is. Zircon, C-GPO, nice collab.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a pretty chill mix, I like it! It's a little on the short side though. The atmosphere is nailed pretty solidly, more delicate & with a sad tinge than any music you hear throughout Metroid Prime. The concept is also done pretty well, but that's tied in with the atmosphere. It's a good listen when all is said and done, but I can't help but be left wanting more :( .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02276 - Metroid Prime "Solitude"